• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W has low learning curve, the only need to learn is to use his moves when neccesarily, but not requiring good timing. Why do so many believe he will drop so much?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think GAW should move down mostly because, frankly, if you've played one, you've played them all. He has a lot of raw power and speed, but his approaches are telegraphed and he is owned by characters with good camping games. Plus, tourney results.

I'm not saying he should go down all that much, but he's not all he was cracked up to be in December.

IxxI

Smash Fence
How is GW unique? To me he seems pretty generic IMO. You need good spacing is all. He doesn't have anything special like Peach's float, ZSS blaster, DK's Cargo, Snake's Grenades, Captain Falcon's sexiness.

Edit: What Supermodel From Paris said.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Marth boards predict that Marth will rise to 4th place.

I'll post the link in this post soon.
Go Marth boards!

What of Ike though? I think he should rise a bit. He's easy to learn, and a good Ike can change the tide of battle quickly.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
IDK about Ike. And the tide can come back in favor by any high tier very fast.
Well, Ike's not the best, but he is far from the worst; I think we have seen Ike improve from the second tier list. If anything, he better not go down...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Well, Ike's not the best, but he is far from the worst; I think we have seen Ike improve from the second tier list. If anything, he better not go down...
A character can improve and still go down. Its how much the character fairs with the others. And how much of an influence a character has on another by match up and how frequently they are picked.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If captain goes up ganon goes up too. their are so many new at's that have been discovered for ganny in the past month or so.
So many completely useless ATS. Qerk, not to be rude, but you should actually have a bit of knowledge about your character before claiming such stuff.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm predicting that Mewtwo will move up on this tier list. Here's hoping!
How can you move up from top of god tier?

Sheik is def moving up. Her "killing problem"has been pretty much solved for. I hope they count her as sheik/zelda.

I'm thinking the high/top tier outside of mk and snake will change completely. Falco and DDD have to move down. Wario may move up. I'm not really sure as I don't keep up with the tourney scene or the top tier meta much.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The Japanese had Ganon as last in all their official tier lists. Ganon's also last in the "match-up tier list". Ganon's the only character with a 0-100 match-up, meaning impossible. Ganon has only 1 neutral match-up (with Cf) other than that, he has no match-up above 40:60. His match-ups are downright horrible, 10:90 with Falco, 5:95 with Sheik, 10:90 Olimar, 85:15 with Yoshi and Pikachu, and the rest are 20s > 35s.

I can't see how he'll move up. Falcon's hardest match-up is only 20:80, and Ganon has many of those.

Yeah, he's definitely the worst.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The Japanese had Ganon as last in all their official tier lists. Ganon's also last in the "match-up tier list". Ganon's the only character with a 0-100 match-up, meaning impossible. Ganon has only 1 neutral match-up (with Cf) other than that, he has no match-up above 40:60. His match-ups are downright horrible, 10:90 with Falco, 5:95 with Sheik, 10:90 Olimar, 85:15 with Yoshi and Pikachu, and the rest are 20s > 35s.

I can't see how he'll move up. Falcon's hardest match-up is only 20:80, and Ganon has many of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gEOzGX6OFc Ganondorf is at the top of items tier.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
WTH, whoever says olimar has a ridiculous learning curve is crazy. He's not that hard to play. You just have to play smart because his attacks are a little laggy.

Well, I'm not 100% certain on it, but I figured it would take a lot of practice to know which Pikmin to use for which situations.

TP

Smash Master

I will continue to argue with you about those numbers, Kalm. I beat Olimars who I am not 10 times better than, on neutrals. Kirby is even, probably Luigi too. Falco is winnable on most stages as long as you are really good with teching and SDI.

ICs, Sheik, Yoshi, and Pika are pretty darn unwinnable though. I'm not arguing that Ganon will go up, because he won't and shouldn't.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I will continue to argue with you about those numbers, Kalm. I beat Olimars who I am not 10 times better than, on neutrals. Kirby is even, probably Luigi too. Falco is winnable on most stages as long as you are really good with teching and SDI.

ICs, Sheik, Yoshi, and Pika are pretty darn unwinnable though. I'm not arguing that Ganon will go up, because he won't and shouldn't.
Twilight, the best you could do is convince me to believe that some match-ups are 5 points more/less. That's pretty much it, and even with that, Ganon will still have the worst match-ups.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff will be much higher than she is right now. Shes better than most of the low tiers in the cast, places well in low tier tourneys and fairs well against a bunch of high tier characters like MK and DDD.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
IMO
Top:
Meta Knight
Snake

A Tier
Wario
Diddy Kong
Falco
Marth
King Dedede
Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch

B Tier
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Pit
Peach

I did that off the top of my head, I'll bring up the official list and make changes from that next time.
Peach is too high...0therwise,nice list

n88

Smash Lord
I hope Zelda goes down. She'll be just as good either way, and people will be more likely to underestimate her.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MK and Snake will still be top 2 in that order. I think Wario and DDD will be 3/4 (interchangable), Diddy will be fifth, Game and Watch 6th, Falco 7th and Marth maybe 8th.

Iceys, Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic and Peach will definitely go up. Marth, Falco and ROB will definitely go down. The rest of the characters I don't really care about lol.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I still say Ike will go up. IMO, he is learning to fair better against higher-tier characters. But I could be wrong; I only really know of one good Ike - Kirk.

Metatitan

Smash Master
^
jiggs will always be bottom, she doesnt have the stuff to get her past that. no range, bad killing moves, no tourny results, i wouldnt be surprised if she ended up below ganon and falcon.
and zelda is bad because she has a lot of unwinnable matchups that are top tiers IIRC

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Jigglypuff can kill (WoP), but Jigglypuff isn't even going to hit high tier characters. I don't know too much of jiggs, but I haven't heard of any tourneys for Jigglypuff. No, I don't expect Jigglypuff to rise very much.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I still say Ike will go up. IMO, he is learning to fair better against higher-tier characters. But I could be wrong; I only really know of one good Ike - Kirk.
Nah, Ike won't move. Kirk took a break for a while, and his tournament results dropped faster then a semi-truck falling through Jupiter, filled with sumo-wrestlers who ate cement every meal for the last 5 years.

Luckily for us, some other characters were also falling a bit so we didn't COMPLETELY drop off the map. But still, either Ganondorf or Link was ahead of Ike in tournament results for one week or so. Others have managed to pick up the slack and where back to roughly where we were before. And to top it all of, Kirk is back from his 2 month break! :bee:

As for against higher-tier characters....marginally I guess. We now fair about 5% better against Olimar thanks to some frame perfect discovery that proves Ike's nair is save from grab on powershield against Olimar if spaced perfectly. >_> The CG against Bowser doesn't count for much.

However, nobody below Ike has what it takes to move above him, except Sonic if they start paying more attention/giving more value to tournament results.

n88

Smash Lord
^
and zelda is bad because she has a lot of unwinnable matchups that are top tiers IIRC
You don't recall correctly. Zelda has a 30:70 vs. GaW and a 35:65 vs. Olimar. No other matchup is below 40:60. Hardly unwinnable.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Nah, Ike won't move. Kirk took a break for a while, and his tournament results dropped faster then a semi-truck falling through Jupiter, filled with sumo-wrestlers who ate cement every meal for the last 5 years.

Luckily for us, some other characters were also falling a bit so we didn't COMPLETELY drop off the map. But still, either Ganondorf or Link was ahead of Ike in tournament results for one week or so. Others have managed to pick up the slack and where back to roughly where we were before. And to top it all of, Kirk is back from his 2 month break! :bee:

As for against higher-tier characters....marginally I guess. We now fair about 5% better against Olimar thanks to some frame perfect discovery that proves Ike's nair is save from grab on powershield against Olimar if spaced perfectly. >_> The CG against Bowser doesn't count for much.

However, nobody below Ike has what it takes to move above him, except Sonic if they start paying more attention/giving more value to tournament results.
That's a good argument, but I would die if Sonic overtook Ike (no offense to Sonic mains).

Rawnie

Smash Champion
You don't recall correctly. Zelda has a 30:70 vs. GaW and a 35:65 vs. Olimar. No other matchup is below 40:60. Hardly unwinnable.
Meta Knight. It just got rediscussed.

That's a good argument, but I would die if Sonic overtook Ike (no offense to Sonic mains).
Agreed. I still can't see any of the characters in F tier making it into E tier. That being said, I don't think Ike will go anywhere.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I don't understand the discussion of Jiggs' placement. She's never going to be tournament viable, so what does it matter if she's two or three spots higher than she is? >_>

I'm very curious to see what changes about the top 15 or so characters in the game. I have a feeling that there are going to be a bunch of changes, unlike the last tier list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom