• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
IC's must move up, must!! for reasons previously stated.:)
I think marth, diddy, and Cpt. Falcon should move up too...
And I don't think MK should have his own tier anymore...IMO :)
I agree on all. Except I think that Mk, whether we like it or not, deserves his own tier. Even if he's not impossible to beat, MK is the only character that is being debated about banning.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I agree on all. Except I think that Mk, whether we like it or not, deserves his own tier. Even if he's not impossible to beat, MK is the only character that is being debated about banning.
Hmmmm, maybe, but there are so many ways to at least hold MK off...
wait, I'm overleaping myself...-this was only thought of in the case of the terrible twosome! MWAHAHA!!

Browny

Smash Hater
Snake cant go anywhere except (S)nake tier
MK has no place in snake tier, thus he will remain in super saiyan tier

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well the terrible twosome has ways to stop the fearsome no neck masked batman! But that' only my opinion! In all reality I bet MK will stay in the "Imah eat you all" tier...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I have suffered twice watching Falcon sit in his pathetic little rut. If Falcon just sits there once again, I'm going to be ticked.

Sieguest

Smash Master
It's almost like we're forming a Falcon for President party...:) I'm going to be really intrigued once the tier list comes out...

XinTrayce

Smash Rookie
I think the only significit change i think would be from Diddy, Wario, Sonic, Sheik and maybe Ice Climbers
Also DeDeDe should replace Falco on the list

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This is my projection for the top half (the characters that actually matter) of the list (revised a little):

Tier/Character/June rank/December rank

S: MK 1-1
Snake 2-2

A: Wario 3-8
Diddy 4-7
DDD 5-4
Falco 6-3
Marth 7-6

B: GaW 8-5
Olimar 9-10/11
Pikachu 10-12
Ice Climbers 11-15
ROB 12-9
ZSS 13-16

C: Lucario 14-10/11
Kirby 15-13
Toon Link 16-17
DK 17-14
Luigi 18-21

Vltava

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong and Marth, despite great potential and excellent match-ups, will surely be trumped by Wario and Falco (maybe King Dedede) in June due to Meta Knight's sheer omnipresence in tournaments (Wario and Falco are close to 50:50 v. MK while Diddy Kong and Marth are 40:60 at best).

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I think Pika will probably go up at least 1 or 2 spots. Especially after Anthers perfomance at APEX. Other characters that I think might get a small boost are ICs, Diddy, Sonic, and Wario.

number1ricky

Smash Cadet
Personally I believe Fox has to rise, he's so fast and yet not weak in any way and he's got the Down B that combos with his Down A for easy gimps all day. He's way underrated. He's like Sonic on *****

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Can Fox really move above anybody?

The only person I can think of could be Zelda, but she might be lower than him already.

He won't move above Bowser as Bowser only has 3 "bad" matchups in DDD, Ice Climbers, and Diddy Kong. He does well (i.e. not horribly *****) against every other Top tier. And Bowser actually has a good defensive game, as opposed to Fox, along with adequate enough speed to supplement it.

He is not moving above Luigi. Luigi's matchups are plasuibly winnable if the characters he are facing are not mained by Atomsk, M2K, etc. On the other hand, Fox has pure **** matchups against a few mid tiers/Pikachu and his top tier matchups, minus Snake and DDD, are not even that stellar to begin with.

Shiek is moving above him. Shiek is better at damage racking and can transform into Zelda for that needed kill move. Plus, Shiek has probably the best set of Top tier matchups out of ALL of the mid/low/bottom tiers. Diddy Kong is her only 65:35 disadvantageous matchup as far as I can tell in the top tier and Pikachu and Ice Climbers are not present enough in the tournament scene to impede her progress too severly.

Fox has, IIRC, 7 65:35 or worse disadvantaged matchups in the top/high tiers, the same number as Ike the last time I checked. But Fox is an overall better character than Ike so Ike won't be moving above him.

How can Fox possibly move up?

sasook

Smash Champion
Link will go down. With a slowing of his AT discoveries, no real progress in his recovery besides the fact that all good Links have learned insane DI, a lack of many tourney results, and the quitting of one of the best Link mains in the nation, things aren't looking too good.

I agree with Kalm, Ganon will go to absolute bottom. He's already stated why.

CF should go a little up, IMO. He's actually becoming a force because of his speed, jab, and semicombos.

ZSS should go up a lot, IMO. Too many discoveries in her metagame have been made for her not to, like a new buffered CG and of course, the ROB infinite.

Zelda might go down due to tourney results. I hope they put Zelda and Sheik as one, personally. That'd help them both IMO.

I think Falco, G&W, ROB, and DK will go down. The first 2 have been discussed, & ROB's metagame is getting stale. Dunno if DK will be hugely affected, but no more cargo throw might mean something. Just speculation.

IC, Diddy, Sonic, Pika & Wario up, not sure with Marth

M.K

Level 55
I believe that Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, and Wario will rise on the tier list.
Pokemon Trainer has gone from being the laughing stock of anything recovery (Lawl Ivysaur) to having decent, if not good tournament results thanks to a key few players. His tournament "potential" is significantly greater than that of certain characters in his tier or in the bottom of the one above.
I believe the general consensus was that Zero Suit was ranked pretty low anyways on this tier list, no? I don't think it's going to be a surprise when we see her move up. Her tournament results are pretty kickass and she's really taken over the position of "dark horse" in the tournament.
Wario....well, it's Wario. Everyone and anyone loathes playing against Wario. His air movement, strong attacks, reliable kill moves, tournament results, and few weaknesses really compensate for his few weaknesses. And seriously, when is a good Wario going to get grabbed? Uhh, almost never, that's when. (Wow, I just answered my own rhetorical question. Yay me >_>)

On the slippery slope to Lower Tier Land are Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Game and Watch.
Bowser....okay, nobody plays him in tournaments anyways, so how his current position is justified, I don't know. Sure, he has a few minute little "tricks" up his sleeves by grabbing everything with his grab fetish, but seriously, WHO has a problem playing against Bowser? Do you get SCARED when you see a Bowser opponent?
I have NO idea WHY Donkey Kong is SO high up. Donkey Kong's attacks are so telegraphed in advance, just like Zelda. I mean, the BAir is scary, yes, but once you realize he's going to approach you with it, it's really easy to get away from its harm. A DDD takes him right out of the tournament scene, and I have no idea why a character with such a crippling match-up and/or extremely hard time with other characters is high tier. DK is high-mid tier thanks to his range, strength and move quickness, but nowhere near the likes of ICs, Pika, and Pink Blob of RediWhip.
Mr. Game and Watch is good. He makes me respect turtles all the more. In fact, I may possibly be developing some sort of odd turtle fetish thanks to this strange little man and his strange little ways. Sadly, he's such a paper-thin (LOLpun) character. No ATs.....no speciality...just strong and hits like a freaking bulldozer on crack cocaine driven by a hooker named Shakweefria.
So thank you, strange little man, for the increase in my "want to stalk" for turtles. I applaud your efforts.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Did you say that GW should be low tier? O_O

I disagree with the Bowser thing too, but I'll let Bowser mains do the talking as I might make mistakes.

M.K

Level 55
Did you say that GW should be low tier? O_O

I disagree with the Bowser thing too, but I'll let Bowser mains do the talking as I might make mistakes.
Yep. Game and Watch should be low tier. My turtle fetish is slowly dwindling and I have become enraged that the strange little man ever invaded my sexual dreams.

I kid, I just meant that Game and Watch will drop a bit, not Low Tier.

And yeah, I probably have some things wrong with Bowser's potential, but I'll let the Bowser mains speak up....

*crickets chirp*

Well, ooookayy then.....

Spade1

Smash Apprentice
im guessing

PT, Sonic, Samus, Pit, ZSS, Pikachu, Wario up.

Lucas, Ness, Mario, Bowser, Wolf, Kirby, gnw, falco down.

REL38

Smash Lord
Can Fox really move above anybody?

The only person I can think of could be Zelda, but she might be lower than him already.

He won't move above Bowser as Bowser only has 3 "bad" matchups in DDD, Ice Climbers, and Diddy Kong. He does well (i.e. not horribly *****) against every other Top tier. And Bowser actually has a good defensive game, as opposed to Fox, along with adequate enough speed to supplement it.

He is not moving above Luigi. Luigi's matchups are plasuibly winnable if the characters he are facing are not mained by Atomsk, M2K, etc. On the other hand, Fox has pure **** matchups against a few mid tiers/Pikachu and his top tier matchups, minus Snake and DDD, are not even that stellar to begin with.

Shiek is moving above him. Shiek is better at damage racking and can transform into Zelda for that needed kill move. Plus, Shiek has probably the best set of Top tier matchups out of ALL of the mid/low/bottom tiers. Diddy Kong is her only 65:35 disadvantageous matchup as far as I can tell in the top tier and Pikachu and Ice Climbers are not present enough in the tournament scene to impede her progress too severly.

Fox has, IIRC, 7 65:35 or worse disadvantaged matchups in the top/high tiers, the same number as Ike the last time I checked. But Fox is an overall better character than Ike so Ike won't be moving above him.

How can Fox possibly move up?
He can't move up. His scouter says that everyone above him on the tier list is over 9000.

But seriously though, I agree that Fox should move down on the tier list. He hasn't the greatest match-up's and is lacking overall as a character. He's fun to play with, but he's gonna go down.

M.K

Level 55
Zelda/Sheik need to be put together.
You might want to back up your statements before someone accuses you of being inexperienced or unintelligent for posting one liners that don't exactly have merit in the way you said it.

That being said, I'll counter your argument. Why exactly should they be grouped together? They are two distinct characters that each own different techniques, playstyles, match-ups, advantages, and disadvantages. If you like to switch between the two characters, that's fine, all you have to realize is that you are in "THIS" position on the tier list when playing with Zelda and "THIS" position on the tier list when playing as Sheik. However, tier lists shouldn't matter. If you feel that Sheik is better at a certain match-up, than you change to her, and vice versa.

Just because you can counterpick mid-match doesn't mean that the characters should be grouped as one single entity in competitive Brawl.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Meta for low tier? lol...

I hope Snake and Meta are put into the same tier... Other than that, I don't care to much. TL isn't going up or down much...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W low tier? That's a joke, he ***** a lot of lightweight characters. Low learning curve and so huge advantages makes him so he should be in top 10 at least.

Jigglypuff is NOT a good character in Brawl. It was decent in 64 and great in Melee but it is bad in Brawl. It should NEVER be in high tier in Brawl when considering matchups like Olimar, Wolf and the terrible G&W. Jiggly has some good matchups I don't think it will remove it from low tier.

Top-Spin

Smash Rookie
Tiers are for queers.

Honestly, I just lost a lot of respect for everyone on this forum. I would have figured an entire board dedicated to the game wouldn't be so focussed on some stupid list, which holds very little to zero weight on well a character can be played against another.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ahh a freshmen. Let it go guys, I know how badly you want to tell this noob to gtfo, but seriously we were all like that one day in our lives.

Top-Spin

Smash Rookie
Eh, I've been playing for a while, and I've played all the characters thoroughly. It all depends on how the player plays, really. Tiers are, in all actuality, for queers.

Go on, ***** me out, I'd LOVE to hear it.

And what justification you have for doing so.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser HAS to go up. Liquid Gen opened up a huge can of tech when he randomly reappeared after his hiatus.

Ahh a freshmen. Let it go guys, I know how badly you want to tell this noob to gtfo, but seriously we were all like that one day in our lives.
Aww... yeah, you're right.

Top-Spin

Smash Rookie
Ain't a troll.
Unless stating an opinion = being a troll.

In which case, ban me now, for I will wreak havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom