• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby will stay in B tier!!! Not biased!!! :bandit:

I'd rather just sit back and see what the S-BR will bring up. Not like the tier list will make me change my mains, it's just something to kill the time by watching. I'll still be kicking people's ***** with Kirby, ZSS and Snake.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
falcon takes MK's place.

but to be serious:
ness up a couple
lucas steady or up
cfalc up
link down
ganon... up?
ICs up a ton
MK down a little
Snake steady
ZSS up a little
DK up a lttle...

I don't know what else.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
People I think will dramatically rise:

Lucas (If you have been watching the tourney results, he has moved from E rank to C rank in onl a few months. He will probably be 4-5 spots higher at like 24 or something.)

ZSS (She has been up and down quite a bit in the tourney results. I think she will go up 3-4 spots due to the fact that she reached B rank and held steady there for a time.)

People that I think will go up:

-Ganon
-Jiggs
-Marth
-Kirby
-Olimar

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lucas (If you have been watching the tourney results, he has moved from E rank to C rank in onl a few months. He will probably be 4-5 spots higher at like 24 or something.)
If that logic was true, Sonic would have been like, C tier last tier list.

People need to face the facts: tournament results will only move a character about one spot max from what we've seen last tier list. And most people agree Lucas was way to high last tier list. He needs to go down to bottom of his current tier.

Also, his spike in tournament results hasn't lasted long enough to mean much yet. It would have to stay that way for another couple months to really mean something.

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
mario should rise

he has the best air combos and you can chain them together
and if you no how to use the cape, your opponent can get ***** at a low percentage

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
mario should rise

he has the best air combos and you can chain them together
and if you no how to use the cape, your opponent can get ***** at a low percentage
Nah, he needs to fall. Ness is better then him, and I'd say the same about Sonic.

And he doesn't have the best air combos. Wario, Luigi, Squirtle: they all do it better.

peeup

Smash Lord
Olimar's going up, Diddy's going up, Yoshi's going up. Don't know who's going down...

PS: lol June 5th is my graduation day... what an awesome graduation present.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Diddy will move up, I'd put him right below snake

Wario might move up a little

Toon Link should be high tier this time

Lucario will move down

ZSS should move up

no one really cares about the bottom tiers

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Wario is a lot better than Diddy, his worst matchups are better than Diddy and Wario only has 3 disadvantage matchups, one of them Meta Knight which is almost 50/50 but slight on MK's favour. Non of them are because of the grab release stuff.

Diddy of course has very bad matchups: Luigi and Olimar and maybe Jiggly also, though Jiggly in a terrible tier position. Diddy has also more disadvantage matchups. It wouldn't be wrong to say middle tier for Diddy is unfair, but by now many great people use Diddy and that's why he is so high now similarly to D3.
What?

Diddy vs. Oli is even, Diddy vs. Jiggs definitely isn't in Jiggs' favour.

Luigi is like 55:45 against Diddy's favor if that, that's not a really bad matchup. Same thing with Marth, who was thought to be 6:4 but arguably is changing to 55:45 or even. MK vs. Diddy is the same as MK vs. Wario. His worst matchup is probably Peach, who isn't that commonly played.

Again, both characters don't have many disadvantageous matchups, and the ones they do have are very slight. They both don't have matchups worse than 6:4.

Diddy will either stay or move up one, same with Wario. They both have pretty much near even matchups across the (viable) board. Them and Pikachu are going to go up, while Lucario and Falco are both probably going to go down.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To those people saying Pit should move down, why shouldn't Pit move up? He has good strengths overall except for kill potential which is not all that bad compared to basically most of the non-heavy characters except for G&W and Kirby; he is kinda like Marth to a lesser extent with the extra ability to camp.

His matchups against the viable characters are basically neutrals and some 40:60s; the only character that ***** Pit is MK. Neither Marth or G&W completely strip Pit of all of his options like MK does; those two just outclass them. Frankly, I think Pit, at the very best, is very bottom of high tier only because he has no notable advantages against the top/high tiers (except DK who is arguably mid). The fact that a great Pit can hold his own against every viable character except MK to some extent should earn him a spot in high tier.

(And yes, I do beleive Toon Link, ZSS, Peach, and Pit are all low high tier btw.)

sasook

Smash Champion
For the people who keep saying no one cares about low tiers - we know, but at least humor us a little? We're trying to move up on this list too, after all.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the person who said, "Who cares about Low tiers."

He has a Wario icon. Yoshi would like to speak to you. :laugh:

Anyways, along with what I said earlier, (Captain Falcon goes up, Luigi goes up, Ganon goes down) I expect to see Bowser go up as well.

Meh, here is a list:

Metaknight: Down a tier to S Tier.
Snake: Stays the same.
Falco: Down
Dedede: Down
Game and Watch: Down
Martha: Same, or up 1
Diddy: Up
Wario: Up
Rob: Down
Lucario: Same, or up 1
Olimar: Up
Pika: Up
Kirby: Up
DK: Down
Ice Cimbers: Up
ZSS: Up
Toon Link: Same, or Up
Pit: Tell them to start learning Pit, and not stupid arrow tricks, and he'll go up. hehehe
Peach: Up
Wolf: Down
Luigi: Up
Zelda: Down
Bowser: Up
Fox: Up or Down. Not sure.
Shiek: Up
Ike: Up
Mario: Down
Lucas: Up
Ness: Down
Samus: Up
Sonic: Up
Pokemon Trainer: Down
Yoshi: Up
Link: Up
Jiggy: Up
Ganon: Down
Captain: Up

</bordom>

Remember, my opinion of how things are going right now.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Did someone really delete my post?

wow, awesome, I guess that remark made my post invalid, cool.

about the yoshi thing...

lol I play Bwett and Furbs GG

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
CAPTAIN FALCON SHOULD RISE..............................................1 spot for the sake of falcon.

srsly, he is bad in brawl...

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'd make a good remark, but your horrid grammar and Runescape-like sentence structure invalidates one.
i has grammar bad?

sorries I english not good.

man the internet is the right place to ***** about grammar and sentence structure and be formal. everything matters on the internet. quote my post and point out my grammar deficiency in detail please.

Link is a good character with a lot of potential, but sadly his horrid recovery turns off a lot of people. Ganon doesn't have much hope to go anywhere (I personally think he is the worst character in the game). Falcon lacks the priority to do any real damage, but a talented player can pull off some pretty incredible stuff with him. Yoshi is good, but he gets gayed. Lucas should move up, and Ness. Lucas has lots of tricks, and if you are fast and can space, you can beat good people (Pierre, Louisiana's Lucas, can beat Lee Martin). Ness has a good Fair, and honestly that's all you really need in some matchups.

*that was for you low tier people*

Diddy should be third, IMO

He has lots of traps, and his pressure game is incredible. He beats a lot of characters by running away and naner camping.

I also believe Wario is underrated, but he gets ***** by pivotgrabbing D3's and Marth, and he has some other matchups that give him trouble.

I don't really have a lot of comment on other characters.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I actually picked up Marth recently, and he's TOO FUN.

Against Meta it's not that bad really.

And I don't think Snake is too hard either, they both **** each other.

I haven't played a good D3 with my Marth yet, so I dunno.

Conti

Smash Ace
lol... We all seem to forget one thing that needs to be added to the [brawl] tier list

SS Tier
Captain Falcon's Manliness 15.96
Metaknight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 14.sometn

but to be serious... i cant really say the order but this should be the A tier...

[no real order just listing]

DDD
Falco
Diddy
Wario
Marth
G&W

to me it dont matter they are all good... they all have their ups and downs...
Diddy is mad fun =]

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I know you did the Martha on purpose, but its old and stupid.
Says the Marth player.

I do it because it generally promotes SOME type of reaction. I will continue doing it until Brawl dies. It will be my own little "Over 9000." I will also make fun of Marth's sexuality at any time I deem it appropriate, which is every occasion possible. Call me immature if you want. I don't care. It could lead to a match win if someone is gullible enough to react to it strongly.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I agree with Pierce7d.

I think that GW is going down.
Not because he isn't a good character, because he isn't very popular. That in turn doesn't give him really good tournament results.

I'm also praying that Captain Falcon will rise.

Edit:
WOOOOOT 500th post.

I AM A SMASH APPRENTICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom