• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm expecting Pokemon Trainer to get a higher placing this time around. Possible regain his spot above Samus and Sonic and maybe go higher.

Toneh

Smash Lord
random guess.. not really picky on the order, just the groups (top, high, mid)

Metaknight
Snake
Dedede/ Wario/ Diddy

High
Falco/ Marth/ Ice Climbers/ Rob/ Olimar/ Kirby
Game and Watch /Pikachu
Zss/ Pit/ Lucario/ DK

Mid

Luigi / Toonlink
Wolf/ Peach/ Fox/ Sonic /Shiek/ Zelda/ PT/ Bowser

Low

rest

I wonder if there will ever be a teams tier list, since some characters do better or worse in doubles..

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
As far as Marth goes, i believe he will remain where he is (6-7 range). And although we won't drop or fall significantly, he will be accompanied on the list by a brand new crowd. I can see him sitting right below Wario and Diddy.

I suppose my list would look a bit like this:

SS:
MK

S:
Snake
D3

A:
Wario
Diddy
Marth
Falco

B:
Olimar
IC's
G&W
Kirby
ROB
Pikachu
Lucario

C:
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Luigi
Peach

I'm not gonna go through the rest, but It'll probably turn out something like this. I haven't put much thought into it yet, so don't fret if a placement is off.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Alright, let me say a thing or two about sonic.

Sonic is a good character. I used to think he wasnt and that I was just good enough to make him look decent, but after playing so many of the other Sonic mains, Ive realised that Sonic really is a good character and is good enough to be at the top of mid tier near where Tink and Wolf are right now. He has rediculous survivability and he has Brawl Combos all over the place.

Brawl combos: combinations of successful attacks, that, although escapable, are very hard and not easily avoided.

He can chase you to the farthest corners of the stage to gimp you. also, not only can he punish moves that few, if not, no other characters can punish (fully spaced snake f tilt) but he also has the tools to bait those moves out of his opponent through his high speed and numerous cancels.

People try to down play his speed, but its really an outstanding factor in this game. when you can cover the entirety of Final Destination in less than a second, it means a lot.
You can run in and punish even the slightest mistakes.
You ALWAYS have the ability to follow up your attacks, and once you master the ability to string attacks together with him, his damage racking abilities become on par with the top and high tier characters.
You can avoid punishment just by running away, which is a highly underestimated skill
Sonic, contrary to what some people want to think, Sonic does have decent priority, especially on his f smash, bair and up air. but even the moves that dont have the best priority, they are fast, so they can usually beat out slower attacks that might have more priority, the reason he has really good matchups, as far as sonic is concerned, with characters like ike, link, and DDD.

Now I know that this just looks like just another wall of text about why ____ character should be higher. but you have to realise that I made specific references to attributes that characters need to have to be successful in a tournament setting. Im not talking about random combos and situational 0-deaths on characters that dont even matter anyway. Im talking about things like being able to build damage in ways that are not damage dependant, avoiding damage, and adapting to any given situation that a good player might put him in in a high level tourney situation.
And that adaptability that sonic has, is something that very few characters in this game have, which is what allows him to take the majority of matchups in this game, that are probably not in his favor. and still pull the consistant outstanding tourney results that he has in this game. Not to mention that the players that are pulling these results are not uber recognised pros. Reflex gets PT his results, Chu gets results for kirby. Kirk is getting most of the points for ike. Sonic? Sonic has 5-10 guys that arent even well known and ae not recognised as being amazing players getting sonic results that are on par with characters in the bottom of high tier. The person whos probably the best sonic is Malcolm, and he barely pulls top 8 at the tourneys that he goes to.

Usually you need Great players to get tourney results for bad characters, but with sonic you have average to good players getting results with him. that signifies to me that Sonic is a pretty good character.

I also dont argue for this because most people would just laugh at the thought, but sonic is good enough to be in one of the top 4 spots in mid tier, but since most of us in the sonic boards know that people are still in the past thinking that sonic has no priority and just rolls around the stage all day we just try to start small so we can at least get him out of mid tier. we only want to move him up 2-3 spots because since we only got 1 spot up after proving how good he was last year. no matter what we do, we dont expect him to move up more than 2 spots this time. even if we found a 0-death unavoidable usable combo that worked on MK we still wouldnt get up more than one spot. so since we know we cant get more than 1 spot, well just take what we can get

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Snake, IC, and Captain Falcon will go up.
MK is obviously coming down.

As for Sonic, I have a feeling that people still don't understand him, and might.... I dunno... stay in place.

But hey, it's whatever. Tiers will be tiers.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
snake, Ic, And Captain Falcon will Go Up.
Mk Is Obviously Coming Down.

As For Sonic, I Have A Feeling That People Still Don't Understand Him, And Might.... I Dunno... Stay In Place.

But Hey, It's Whatever. Tiers Will Be Tiers.
Lolololol
...no

NNID
Budget_Player
I think the main reason that Sonic has such a low ranking for his ability is because he's too hard.

I personally support the idea of making sonic really good, I like the char, but I can't play him. You have to know so many things, and you have to be able to mindgame like a pro, switch your strategy mid-match, know when to switch... It's rather ridiculous. All things considered, sonic is far from a bad character, but if you look at the prevailing sonic guide, you see about two dozen ATs (okay, maybe not ATs, but weird ways to use the spindashes) that you are expected to know coming at you and you kinda panic. >.<

Ionno

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Low priority is always a big problem. Sex kicks can get out of his combos. Plus finishing is also another big problem of Sonic.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
His priority problem is severely overrated. It stems from early Sonic play where everyone just did Spindash which DOES have horrible priority. Also he kills okay considering how quickly he can build up damage. The problem is a lack of setups which are highly mindgame oriented or are reliant on landing a spindash.

Conti

Smash Ace
As far as Marth goes, i believe he will remain where he is (6-7 range). And although we won't drop or fall significantly, he will be accompanied on the list by a brand new crowd. I can see him sitting right below Wario and Diddy.

I suppose my list would look a bit like this:

SS:
Captain Falcon's Manliness
MK

S:
Snake
D3

A:
Wario
Diddy
Marth
Falco

B:
Olimar
IC's
G&W
Kirby
ROB
Pikachu
Lucario

C:
Donkey Kong
Toon Link
ZSS
Luigi
Peach

I'm not gonna go through the rest, but It'll probably turn out something like this. I haven't put much thought into it yet, so don't fret if a placement is off.

(did u see what i did :p )
I actually sorta of like this 'tier list'... some minor changes n stuff but lol not bad... In my opinion, IC's over Olimar... G&W over olimar also

but otherwise i like it

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
here's my guess:

S tier:
Meta Knight
Snake
DDD

A tier:
Falco
G&W
Wario
Diddy
Marth

B tier:
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Kirby
ROB

C tier:
ICs
DK
ZSS
TL
Sheik

D tier:
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Bowser

E tier:
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Sonic
Ness
Samus
Yoshi
Ganondorf
PT
C. Falcon

G tier:
Jigglypuff
Link

Do you think it's an accurate guess?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Are you putting Sheik in C tier cause of that escapable infinite she has?

Conti

Smash Ace
here's my guess:

S tier:
Meta Knight
Snake
DDD

A tier:
Falco
G&W
Wario
Diddy
Marth

B tier:
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Kirby
ROB

C tier:
ICs
DK
ZSS
TL
Sheik

D tier:
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Bowser

E tier:
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Sonic
Ness
Samus
Yoshi
Ganondorf
PT
C. Falcon

G tier:
Jigglypuff
Link

You're characters in each tier seem accurate, but idk the orders are iffy... its hard to tell.. tbh i just wanna see this new list when its out

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
Are you putting Sheik in C tier cause of that Inescapable infinite she has?
yes, sheik would have been lower than zelda without that.

Fix'd your post

its inescapable when done on some chars.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
yes, sheik would have been lower than zelda without that.

Fix'd your post

its inescapable when done on some chars.
I do think Shiek is just a bit overestimated there, but if Shiek were C tier, it would be for a lot of reasons other than that questionable infinite like her relatively good Top tier matchups or her damage racking ability.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
pit may go up a place or 2 mostly because our boards are getting better and tourney results are lookin good this season
pika has had some advances
zss will go up i believe
sheik has her infinite and i believe she may go up
sonic is wayyyyyy underraded
dedede i think will go down
gw will go down
marth will stay the same
diddy may go up a place
wario will skyrocket
rob will go down a place or 2
lucario will drop some
olimar will stay or move a place
kirby will stay the same
dk may move a place either way
iceys are movin up no doubt
toon link is stayin where he is
peach is too
wolf will move down a place
fox, bowser, zelda, and luigi will all go up somewhat i believe
ike will stay
pokemon trainer and yoshi will go up some
samus may drop a bit
lucas and ness will no longer be equal with lucas being slightly higher than ness (possibly other way around) but still go down a place
link will stay
jiggs will go up
captain and g-dorf will switch
falco will go down a place

thats my guess

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
here's my guess:

S tier:
Meta Knight
Snake
DDD

A tier:
Falco
G&W
Wario
Diddy
Marth

B tier:
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Kirby
ROB

C tier:
ICs
DK
ZSS
TL
Sheik

D tier:
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Bowser

E tier:
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Sonic
Ness
Samus
Yoshi
Ganondorf
PT
C. Falcon

G tier:
Jigglypuff
Link

Jigglypuff 2nd worst? Wtf are you smoking? Nobody should make their own tier lists because theres always that 1 character they don't know **** about.

M@v

Subarashii!
My predictions:

Major changes:

Sheik, Fox, Sonic, Toon Link, and Ice climbers are going to be going up Imo.

I think GW is going to pass Falco, making Falco 4th.

DDD is going to fall, Wario might fall ,so will Ike.

Samus will be 3rd worst before Ganon and Falcon.

Everyone else is about the same , give one or 2 spots.

Falcon will still be worst.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What? Sonic has very few advantage matchups.
Ignore the random people, listen to the ones who actually know the character.

I wonder if there will ever be a teams tier list, since some characters do better or worse in doubles..
Will never happen, there are too many team variations to consider.

I don't feel like doing the number crunches, but believe me when I say the number can get pretty high...

If by moving down you mean NOT in his own tier anymore.......I could see that.
Bingo.

I think the main reason that Sonic has such a low ranking for his ability is because he's too hard.

I personally support the idea of making sonic really good, I like the char, but I can't play him. You have to know so many things, and you have to be able to mindgame like a pro, switch your strategy mid-match, know when to switch... It's rather ridiculous. All things considered, sonic is far from a bad character, but if you look at the prevailing sonic guide, you see about two dozen ATs (okay, maybe not ATs, but weird ways to use the spindashes) that you are expected to know coming at you and you kinda panic. >.<

Ionno
I don't know if we want to consider learning curve as a factor, but this certainly discourages a lot of people from picking him up... or is at least one of them...

I think we should make a DD Tier and give it to ZSS.
While we're at it, let's give King Dedede his own DDD tier.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff 2nd worst? Wtf are you smoking? Nobody should make their own tier lists because theres always that 1 character they don't know **** about.
The problem with these tier lists mainly arise from the fact that they are FAR too conservative. With the exception of one character (or two in rare cases) per list, people don't like to make big movements from tier to tier. Even if a character moves into a different tier, it is always at the top or bottom of the list. And that is before you question how misguided their rearrangement is. In fact, their rearrangement in the order in each tier isn't that drastic either.

The SBR is going to make some noticable changes in the next list as opposed to just one or two. Something like this:

S: MK, Snake, DDD
A: Wario, Diddy Kong, Marth, Falco, Pikachu, Mr. Game & Watch
B: Ice Climbers, Olimar, R.O.B., ZSS, Lucario
C: Toon Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pit, Peach
D: Luigi, Shiek, Wolf, Sonic, Bowser, Fox, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Ike
E: Ness, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Mario, Lucas, Link
F: Captain Falcon, Samus (I think she is worse than Kirby in Melee, but I don't know about her being worse than Brawl Falcon)
G: Ganondorf

I am 100% sure their list won't look like this, but it will be noticably different from their other two lists.

(Also, people overate Kirby for no reason other than him having no bad matchups, yet place Pit in the mid tier where all of his are debatable for 40:60 or better.)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
here's my guess:

S tier:
Meta Knight
Snake
DDD He'll be 3rd, but down a tier.

A tier:
Falco WTF? Falco will be at the bottom of this tier.
G&W No, down, probably a spot above Falco.
Wario He'll be where you have Falco now.
Diddy He'll be where you have Wario.
Marth He'll be where you have G&W now.

B tier:
Olimar Down a bit.
Lucario Down a bit.
Pikachu Down a bit
Kirby
ROB

C tier:
ICs Hella up.
DK
ZSS Up a tier or so.
TL Up.
Sheik Down.

D tier:
Pit
Peach Up.
Wolf
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Bowser

E tier:
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Sonic
Ness
Samus
Yoshi
Ganondorf Down.
PT Up...
C. Falcon Down...

G tier:
Jigglypuff Up wtf?
Link Up.

Wow, this is pretty bad.

Comments in Lime.

More stuff I could add, but I don't feel like it.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Here's my opinion on C through SS tiers.

SS Tier
Meta Knight

S Tier
Snake

A Tier
King Dedede
Falco
Diddy Kong
Marth
Wario

B Tier
Mr. Game & Watch