• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I think Luigi is really good in a lot of ways, the main thing that sticks out to me on the occasion that I play him is that his out of shield game is awfultastic...other than that I mostly see strengths, but brawl is a defensive oriented game.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
-His defense is complete garbage
-No range
-Only one reliable kill move (F-Smash)
-He is the easiest character in the game to grab
-A lot of his moves have A LOT of ending lag (such as Super Jump Punch, Luigi Cyclone, Green Missile, and all of his smashes)
-He has a lot of trouble scoring KOs.
-Recovery is predictable and incredibly easy to gimp

The only positive things that I see in Luigi in this game are his recovery (distance wise), and the insane amount of power in his F-Smash. Everything else is crap.
O_o
-No range is fairly true
-Plethora of kill moves (Uppercut - 40%+, Fsmash - 70%+, Usmash sweetspot - 90%+, Nair - Early 100s, Bthrow/Dsmash - 120%+) I'm sure you can land one of those before 120%, every other Luigi player does
-Should ending lag on green missile even count? And the rest of those moves don't matter as far as ending lag goes, barring maybe cyclone
-Wrong
-True story there

I think you may just suck, but I could be wrong.

And Luigi's OOS game is alright if you learn to powershield pretty well, which you will playing as the slippery little guy very fast. Upsmash and UpB are pretty **** OOS, nair isn't bad either.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
*NOTE: Everyone who says Lucario is going up is quite likely wrong.

EDIT: He's either staying where he is or going down. Olimar will most likely be above him.

Much of Lucario is rather telegraphed, his strings are escapable, he doesn't kill well until he is beaten up a bit, etc.

link64e

Smash Apprentice
WOLF AND KIRBY FOR TOP TIER!

But in all seriousness, MK and Snake are going to stay the same. I see Ice Climbers moving up. More and More people are getting their Chain Grabs down.

I see Wario going places. His aerial maneuverability seems to catch a lot of people off guard. Not to mention he is a heavy character and not always easy to knock off.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Some of might agree. Some of you might not. I don't overly care.

S Tier:
Metaknight
Snake

A Tier:
Diddy
Wario
Marth
Falco
Dedede

B Tier:
Game and Watch
Rob
Olimar
Pika
Lucario
Kirby
Ice Climbers

C Tier:
Peach
ZZS
Luigi
Toon Link
Shiek
DK
Wolf
Zelda
Bowser

D Tier:
Pit
Fox
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Sonic
Samus
Ness
Jiggy

E Tier:
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Captain Falcon
Ganon

My opinion. That is all.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
WOLF AND KIRBY FOR TOP TIER!

But in all seriousness, MK and Snake are going to stay the same. I see Ice Climbers moving up. More and More people are getting their Chain Grabs down.

I see Wario going places. His aerial maneuverability seems to catch a lot of people off guard. Not to mention he is a heavy character and not always easy to knock off.
That is scary more ppl are getting better with IC chain grab going to make the game more boring to watch! There not going to be too much momvment for the top 5 who top 5 will stay top 5 its the next 10 that can move a good bit with in that 10.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
DK is B tier.

I don´t understand why people thinks that DK is going to drop to C tier.

Is it because of the match up against King Dedede?

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I dissagree with luigi moving down. I think he is staying the same. Also Luigi is a great character most of the things said about him aren't true. He has great killing mobility. He can kill people at 70 with his Up B which actually is not that tough to hit with, it even has comboes leading into it. His jab is amazing and can lead to a free hit almost guarenteed. His Fsmash tippered up is godlike also. Sadly I think Samus is near the bottom now :\.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Luigi will not move down, but for not the reasons you stated.

For 1, he has great killing potential. He lacks the range. That is all.

It is true his Up-B is a guaranteed kill on most people at 70%, save for a few heavies, but it is anything BUT easy to land it. It is a punishing move and a move that requires a bit of mindgames and tactical play to land.

Also, it does have combos into it. But those combos can VERY EASILY be DIed out of by someone paying any attention to the match. The most reliable one is the *** -> Uppercut, and even that can be perfect shielded if done completely on the ground.

His jab is nothing amazing. Any character that has a multi-hit Jab can do the same things Luigi can do (Jab, attack, etc.), save for a few of the more bulky characters or the characters that just don't matter to much.

And Luigi's F-Smash has no special properties that I know of when it is hit with the tip of his finger. His fingers are not Marth's Swords. Sorry. Missed the "Up" part. You are right. Up tipped it is goddly.

And Samus is deserving of her current tier position.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I hope falco stays in third or he's just gonna get moved to forth place:/
I think peach has the potential to be a bit higher on the list and so does Luigi

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
pika's CG gets him to B or A tier

zss should move up but sadly there are too few veteran zss players to prove her worth on the tournament scene

anyone else think snake and mk should share the same 'god' tier?

who i want to move up but probably won't: CF, ike, bowser

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Expect it to be way better than the last ones due to more actual Brawl pros being in the SBR now, but it will still have its flaws.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
O_o
-No range is fairly true
-Plethora of kill moves (Uppercut - 40%+, Fsmash - 70%+, Usmash sweetspot - 90%+, Nair - Early 100s, Bthrow/Dsmash - 120%+) I'm sure you can land one of those before 120%, every other Luigi player does
-Should ending lag on green missile even count? And the rest of those moves don't matter as far as ending lag goes, barring maybe cyclone
-Wrong
-True story there

I think you may just suck, but I could be wrong.

And Luigi's OOS game is alright if you learn to powershield pretty well, which you will playing as the slippery little guy very fast. Upsmash and UpB are pretty **** OOS, nair isn't bad either.
He's actually really good, hippy (sal) but as good as he is at brawl with Luigi, I think he is very wrong about Luigi tier placement, despite bringing up some good points.com

Moozle

Smash Champion
I definitely think Pika will go up. It may just because im in the Midwest, but I see a lot of Pikas and he is very versatile in my opinion. I also agree that Falco will go down a bit. On the lower end, one that really sticks out in my mind is that I see Jiggs going up quite a bit.

cutter

Smash Champion
I definitely completely agree...but I can only suggest that only known Brawl pros should have their votes count...I can't make it happen myself... :(
<3

Thank you so much Inui for having someone like you in the SBR understand that even after the huge purge several months ago, there are still people in the SBR that don't play the game (and/or hate it with a passion), yet they still can vote and decide on important things like stage legality, tournament ruleset, tier lists, etc.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Oh... I thought they were actually split. So it's just a topic difference? I need to take a look at that news post JV made.

Crap. Can't find it. I could have sworn that he said something about splitting them based on who was pro in what game.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Luigi will not move down, but for not the reasons you stated.

For 1, he has great killing potential. He lacks the range. That is all.

It is true his Up-B is a guaranteed kill on most people at 70%, save for a few heavies, but it is anything BUT easy to land it. It is a punishing move and a move that requires a bit of mindgames and tactical play to land.

Also, it does have combos into it. But those combos can VERY EASILY be DIed out of by someone paying any attention to the match. The most reliable one is the *** -> Uppercut, and even that can be perfect shielded if done completely on the ground.

His jab is nothing amazing. Any character that has a multi-hit Jab can do the same things Luigi can do (Jab, attack, etc.), save for a few of the more bulky characters or the characters that just don't matter to much.

And Luigi's F-Smash has no special properties that I know of when it is hit with the tip of his finger. His fingers are not Marth's Swords. Sorry. Missed the "Up" part. You are right. Up tipped it is goddly.

And Samus is deserving of her current tier position.
His jab comboes are not VERY EASILY DIed out of, his up B isnt THAT HARD to hit. His up B can kill @ 70 and all you need to hit it is to jab your opponent or follow up on a simple mistake. Its not the easiest thing to hit with but for something that kills at 70 its as easy as it can get.
Just because other characters can jab cancel like luigi doesnt mean it isnt a amazing set up. Luigi has the 2nd best jab in the game imo. If you expect to get perfect shielded then grab its all about the outsmarting the other player in a match.
I would love to prove you wrong about Samus as I very strongly dissagree but considering I have no evidense to back it up then I won't even start I will just let time do the work. To many scrubs these days anyway.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Personally snake to me is like tied i guess,or atleast with the matchup against mk.Snake has a massive hitbox,he can outcamp mk and force him to come close,snake can live forever espically with a great di like allys and yea, and snake can kill with attack he has, also they kill early..those are some reasons.also with ally beating m2k you can put that into consideration.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Personally snake to me is like tied i guess,or atleast with the matchup against mk.Snake has a massive hitbox,he can outcamp mk and force him to come close,snake can live forever espically with a great di like allys and yea, and snake can kill with attack he has, also they kill early..those are some reasons.also with ally beating m2k you can put that into consideration.
Yeah, the matchup is tied. But they are not tied on the tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom