• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I forgot to mention it earlier, but I definitely think Sonic is going to go up. He places crazy-well in tournaments. I know he's not amazing, but I never really got why he was THAT low on the tier list.
Sonic may move up, but he's not getting out of Low Tier.

There's a large number of people who play him. Of course he'd place better in tournaments because of this.

The more people that play a character, the faster the character's metagame advances, and the better they seem to be.

Also, more people = higher chances of said character placing higher.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W is light; add the bucket braking when correctly done = G&W acts like a heavy.

"Bowser is fat" it's sort of true xD

"Snake is juggled" What's normally missed there is that snake has a ton of options when he starts to recover high. Aerials, reversals, C4. I feel that I get a good sizeable amount of damage from being juggled at times.

"Falco has terrible recovery" True again. Hardly ever is explotable. Falco still has enough variations in the recovery that make it hard to predict.
Hard to predict? His up b is terrible so he always should use illusion unless under the ledge.

Miss use of words. I was thinking too much of the close to the stage recovery vs far off stage and failed to state that.

Falco recovering from below or far from the stage is easy to deal with. Hit out of the recovery or edgehog. When he is closer to the stage is a different matter normally. Even if the recovery deals with either ledge, phantasm, jump, air dodge or firebird. That is still enough mix up to recover. I see a lot of people trying to run to the center of the stage to predict a phantasm and they don't seem to realize that gives me free access to the ledge. Or if they are up close mix up with phantasm cancels or 2nd jump phantasm between lag of the attack. Anytime a person can get to the ledge improves recovery options.

Typically it's character dependent. RC is for sure Snake's worst stage against people like G&W or MK. But he can get better usage out of the stage than others.

4nace

Smash Ace
Miss use of words. I was thinking too much of the close to the stage recovery vs far off stage and failed to state that.

Falco recovering from below or far from the stage is easy to deal with. Hit out of the recovery or edgehog. When he is closer to the stage is a different matter normally. Even if the recovery deals with either ledge, phantasm, jump, air dodge or firebird. That is still enough mix up to recover. I see a lot of people trying to run to the center of the stage to predict a phantasm and they don't seem to realize that gives me free access to the ledge. Or if they are up close mix up with phantasm cancels or 2nd jump phantasm between lag of the attack. Anytime a person can get to the ledge improves recovery options.
Falco has the worst recovery in the top 10 except for Lolimar. A metaknight can simply tornado right above the edge and completely erase all your other options and then if you fall lower to phantasm the edge he can tornado off the stage real quick and pick you up. THEN if you fall even lower he can stop tornading and get the easier edge guard on firebird.

Simple matter with Falco is not to get sent off stage as 90% of the cast can punish phantasm or ledge guard if you're being predictable.

And to espy, I agree that Sonic isn't that good of character, but if he is doing well because so many people are playing him and his metagame has progressed quicker, then the tier list SHOULD reflect that. The tier list is being updated every 6 months so if his metagame has pushed him to mid-tier then they should put him there, and when the other characters' metagames catch up then he can fall back to the top of low tier where he belongs. The tier list is a reflection of the metagame after all =).

And nice work at HOBO by the way haha. Best US Sonic in my mind. (Especially since Malcolm has been relying on Wario in tough matches)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who are in the SBR? Link please?
-Darc-
-Jumpman-
Afro_Thundah
Ally
AlphaZealot
and per se Andy
Ankoku
Anther
Arash
Atomsk_92
Azen Zagenite
BardulL
Caotique
chesterr01
ChiboSempai
chillindude829
ChuDat
CO18
Coen
Cort
Cyphus
D’oH
D1
Dastrn
Dazwa
DEHF
Dojo.
Doraki
Dr Drew the Dragon
dr. Mario guy
EdreesesPieces
Emblem Lord
everlasting yayuhzz
Fleur de Lis
forward
g-regulate
Gaki
Gideon
Gimpyfish62
HolyNightmare
HugS™
Hylian
HyugaRicdeau
Ignatius
InfernoOmni
I_Am_Infinity
JesiahTEG
Joshu
jv3x3
Kel
kirbstir
Kirby King
KishPrime
KishSquared
Kokichi
KOS-MOS
Le_THieN
lonejedi
M3D
Marc
McFaux
Mew2King
Mic_128
MLG_JV
Mookierah
nealdt
NinjaLink
omegablackmage
Overswarm
Percon
Queen Killjoy
R@vyn
RyokoYaksa
Sadahara Inui
SamuraiPanda
Santi
Scamp
SCOTU
Seibrik
sephirothken
Sethlon
Sky`
Sliq
Smash G 0 D
Snakeee
SsbbFICTION
The calm tyrant...
The Game II
TheBuzzSaw
TheReflexWonder
the_suicide_fox
TKD
Tope
Umbreon
UndrDog
Utto
vidjogamer
Vyse
Warrior of Zarona
Xyro77
Youko

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Now show us a list of active smashers in the SBR.

I hate to say this but there's more then just a few retires in that list.
Even people who retire can still be knowledgeable individuals capable of adding to the SBR. More often than not they can be former TOs with vast amounts of experience. That said, they don't really have the expertise to be voting on the tier list, and no "retired" individual bothers to do it anyways. So the only people making the tier list are active Smashers.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
A lot of stuff has been fluxuating. Like Shiek with her "Infinite" and other miscellanious stuff so yaeh, being able to tell the outcome of the tier list is slim for meh....I just hope Shiek rises, I always had a thing for her in Brawl...In Melee she is my worst flamboyant enemy lol.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I was on the fence at first between those two simply becasue ganon has some stupid priority
Some of his moves have "okay" priority, while some of his moves have (one of) the worst in the game (Wizardkick, Flame Choke, and their aerial versions).

I didn't mention Warlock Punch due to it's uselessness.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I can assure you that Ganondorf will be on the very bottom, possibly in his own tier of suck. There is no way he will move up.

I believe I'm the best Ganonorf in the USA (Koskinator is probably better) and I think Ganondorf can't ever win against anyone that just waits and reacts to any of his horribly slow and unsafe approaches.
ganon really is bad.

The list will be out soon. PLEASE remember, just because YOUR character dropped/climbed it does not mean it will ALWAYS be like that. Work harder with your character and place well. Things WILL change

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
-Darc-
-Jumpman-
Afro_Thundah
Ally
AlphaZealot
and per se Andy
Ankoku
Anther
Arash
Atomsk_92
Azen Zagenite
BardulL
Captain Falcon
Caotique
chesterr01
ChiboSempai
chillindude829
ChuDat
CO18
Coen
Cort
Cyphus
D’oH
D1
Dastrn
Dazwa
DEHF
Dojo.
Doraki
Dr Drew the Dragon
dr. Mario guy
EdreesesPieces
Emblem Lord
everlasting yayuhzz
Fleur de Lis
forward
g-regulate
Gaki
Gideon
Gimpyfish62
HolyNightmare
HugS™
Hylian
HyugaRicdeau
Ignatius
InfernoOmni
I_Am_Infinity
JesiahTEG
Joshu
jv3x3
Kel
kirbstir
Kirby King
KishPrime
KishSquared
Kokichi
KOS-MOS
Le_THieN
lonejedi
M3D
Marc
McFaux
Mew2King
Mic_128
MLG_JV
Mookierah
nealdt
NinjaLink
omegablackmage
Overswarm
Percon
Queen Killjoy
R@vyn
RyokoYaksa
Sadahara Inui
SamuraiPanda
Santi
Scamp
SCOTU
Seibrik
sephirothken
Sethlon
Sky`
Sliq
Smash G 0 D
Snakeee
SsbbFICTION
The calm tyrant...
The Game II
TheBuzzSaw
TheReflexWonder
the_suicide_fox
TKD
Tope
Umbreon
UndrDog
Utto
vidjogamer
Vyse
Warrior of Zarona
Xyro77
Youko
Sorry we missed the most important SBR member.
Now that I think about it, how ba *** would it be for a Captain Falcon account to be in the SBR? XD

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Because he's got solid fundamentals and good potential, but terrible, terrible tourney results and is massively under-repped in big regions.

I can see the SBR going either way on it, either dropping him massively, like under Marth and GnW, or keeping him 4th, below DDD.

I'm just curious to see what the majority of the SBR puts their emphasis on.

I would personally put him fifth under DDD and Wario since I still think he's a better character than Diddy, Marth, etc, but I still expect him to be lower.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
going with last guy's post style.
Up:
Sonic
Ganon
(perhaps) Toon Link
Down:
Mario
(probably not) DK
Fox
Stay the same:
Pit
MK
PT
Jigglypuff (don't ask...)
Hey I happened to notice you're from Idaho, where in Idaho might I ask? Hit me up if you want to get in on some hot North Idaho smash action.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My idea on how the low tier list should be. I had a lot of trouble deciding where Ness, Lucas, and PT's placements should be.

E Tier
Fox
Bowser
Zelda
Sonic
Sheik

F Tier
Ike
Yoshi
Mario
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Lucas

G Tier
Samus
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Xyro77

My idea on how the low tier list should be. I had a lot of trouble deciding where Ness, Lucas, and PT's placements should be.

E Tier
Fox
Bowser
Zelda
Sonic
Sheik

F Tier
Ike
Yoshi
Mario
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Lucas

G Tier
Samus
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
jiggs that high? ROFL! She is HORRIBLE! PKMN T needs to be out of low tier imo.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
jiggs that high? ROFL! She is HORRIBLE! PKMN T needs to be out of low tier imo.
Ugh I hate it when people underrestimate Jigglypuff. She is definatly the most underrated character in the game.
Jiggs is better than Link, Samus, and Lucas for sure.

Xyro77

coming from a samus main i can tell you jiggs has NOTHING samus cant punish. The only good thing she has is her off stage gimp ability.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Inui. Isnt Clai's ganon better than yours?

also, bottom tier =
Ganon
CF
Link
JP
Samus
Lucas

Also, I think Zelda warrents a huge (5+ spots) drop

Nic64

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was facetious, I don't think Jigglypuff is especially better than any other low tier, but she's probably the gayest so I poke fun whenever I can :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
Have you seen Jiggs's matchups against MK, DDD, and Falco?
show me a jiggz beating good players of those characters, and placing well.

ZSS, without a doubt. (1st jab frame1 :o)
I think Falco has a "better" jab just because he can grab right after and its so safe (frame 2 and long range)

ZSS would be right below that, she can jab and run away but it's not exactly threatening :laugh:

Xyro77

"best" is an opinion.

FASTEST is fact.

i think luigis might be best cause if done right you can UP+B out of it=KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom