• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I hope and think that Diddy will go up. :) I also think that Olimar, Pikachu, Sonic, Luigi and Wario will go up. Falco, Game and Watch will drop. MK will probably go down to S with Snake.. but that's just a wild guess right there. :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
I hope and think that Diddy will go up. :) I also think that Olimar, Pikachu, Sonic, Luigi and Wario will go up. Falco, Game and Watch will drop. MK will probably go down to S with Snake.. but that's just a wild guess right there. :p
finally someone that actually has good guesses. The only one I would disagree with is Luigi.
I would replace him with Toon Link.

and why is marth going up?

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Marth may go up, but how many Marth mains scored top 3 in tourney's? ♥

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Other reasons why Ganon should be at the exact bottom.

Along with his jab, his grab, Neutral B, DSmash, and UTilt, are also the worst (of their kind), or just really bad, in the game.

Warlork Punch is clearly a useless move. When have you seen this actually hit a smart opponent? Never.

UTilt is just a "better" replica of Warlock Punch, with more range and wind properties, but like Warlork Punch, it's still useless. It also gives Ganon a blindspot above him, Jump > Uair is just to slow.

Grab.. lowest range, slowest pumelling and yet it only does 1-2%.

I also believe that Ganon has the worst recovery in the game. It's a crappier version of Falcons (less aerial speed, smaller second jump). It has no hitstun, while Falcon's does, so players could attack him right out of it. Oh and it does about 6 % less damage than Falcons (11%).
Link's recovery is clearly worse. You say Ganon's recovery has no hitstun? It has a grab range to not so easily edge guarded though it's often gimped, Falco's up b is worse than Ganon's up b. I know it's terrible horizontally but Link's is not only terrible horizontally but also lacks vertical height.

Ganon's jab is NOT a bad jab, he can use it on many of the Gerudo stunned characters. It's also good to try to pull off opponents from Ganon.
I don't think Ganon's grab range is the worst, I think's it's either Ness or Pikachu ones which are even shorter + it has very high vertical range.

WP and up tilt can be used for edge guarding.

You don't know Ganondorf is so bad because he's too slow moving to approach many characters but his moveset is not the worst.

The worst attack of Ganon is dsmash, the others hjave usefulness.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Link's recovery is clearly worse. You say Ganon's recovery has no hitstun? It has a grab range to not so easily edge guarded though it's often gimped, Falco's up b is worse than Ganon's up b. I know it's terrible horizontally but Link's is not only terrible horizontally but also lacks vertical height.

Ganon's jab is NOT a bad jab, he can use it on many of the Gerudo stunned characters. It's also good to try to pull off opponents from Ganon.
I don't think Ganon's grab range is the worst, I think's it's either Ness or Pikachu ones which are even shorter + it has very high vertical range.

WP and up tilt can be used for edge guarding.

You don't know Ganondorf is so bad because he's too slow moving to approach many characters but his moveset is not the worst.

The worst attack of Ganon is dsmash, the others hjave usefulness.
Link is lighter than Ganon. But Link's up+B is of course worse. And how can you say Ganon's Dark Dive is better than Captain Falcons Falcon Dive? Falcon Dive has WAY better recovery, it takes him much further wich means he has a better chance getting back on the stage. What does Ganon's Dark Dive have that Falcons dont? Oh yeah, he has a hitbox at the end of the attack. But that can be edgeguarded VERY easy, so it's pretty much useless. As for Ganon's jab, its not too horrible, but it's much worse than the most jabs in the game.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Falcon is better than Ganon.

Pikachu doesn't suck, either... Pikachu is clearly one of the better characters in the game.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I also think that Ganondorf is the worse character in the game (I have played him as a secondary for months).

However, Link's recovery is indeed worse than Ganon's :)

And yes, Pkachu will definitly go up.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There's little characters that have a worse recovery than Link. Solo Climber and Solo Olimar, for example.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Solo Climber has a surprising recovery reach, but it's pretty predictable.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Falcon is better than Ganon.

Pikachu doesn't suck, either... Pikachu is clearly one of the better characters in the game.
I agree with you there. Pikachu belongs in B/Upper, the tier right below Snake, Diddy, Wario, Marth, and Dedede, with Falco, G&W, Olimar, and Ice Climbers.

Two other things I want to ask you:

1. Do you think Snake is closer to MK or the rest of the top 6? In my honest opinion, MK either stays in his own tier or he shares the top tier with the rest of the top 6. It is a blatent disregard of the abilities of Wario, Diddy, DDD, and Marth to put Snake in a tier above them. I beleive this because Snake does not really have that much of a greater capacity to win tournaments than those 4 that would justify placing him in a higher tier than them, results or not. At least with MK, the gap in results between MK and the A tier sans Snake is much more telling of higher tier status over those 4. The same can't be said for Snake though.

2. Are the named tiers a better indication of viability for each of the characters in each tier than the lettered tiers?

Extra Note 1: Did you become a SBR-B member today or did you have that for a while? I don't know as I don't click on profiles usually.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
There's little characters that have a worse recovery than Link. Solo Climber and Solo Olimar, for example.
Tbh, Link's recovery isn't so bad. It's bad but not the worst. It's all about getting to stage as quickly as possible without getting gimped. TO do this he has bombs and a boomerang to keep his opponents at bay. Also he has a zair which I find very useful. It can be used when your momentum is against you to quickly grab the edge and avoid getting killed. It also means you don't have to put yourself in a very gimpable position.

I know I'm just stating facts here, but it's because I think Link has a better recovery than normal Olimar, Ivysaur and Wolf. If you get Olimar and Ivysaur off stage they'll find it hard to get back on if you've got hold of the edge. Olimar does have a big jump but that doesn't mean he'll be able to recovery if the distance is too large. This is why I think Olimar can't be put in contention with the other top tiers like Wario, Diddy and DDD. He may be very hard to approach but he's got a serious flaw in his gameplay, which is why I don't think he should contend at the top. Wolf's recovery may have a lot more distance thatn Link's and is not half as gimpable but it's so precise and hard to land at certain spots. Seriously try recovering from certain spots with wolf on Final Destination, it's virtually impossible for a place where most characters would find recovery a breeze.

I also think Shiek and Sonic should go up for the continual pressure they can put on opponents and I think DK should once again go for a drop below pit. He's too susceptible to combos :/. I also think Falcon is better than Ganon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Tbh, Link's recovery isn't so bad. It's bad but not the worst. It's all about getting to stage as quickly as possible without getting gimped. TO do this he has bombs and a boomerang to keep his opponents at bay. Also he has a zair which I find very useful. It can be used when your momentum is against you to quickly grab the edge and avoid getting killed. It also means you don't have to put yourself in a very gimpable position.

I know I'm just stating facts here, but it's because I think Link has a better recovery than normal Olimar, Ivysaur and Wolf. If you get Olimar and Ivysaur off stage they'll find it hard to get back on if you've got hold of the edge. Olimar does have a big jump but that doesn't mean he'll be able to recovery if the distance is too large. This is why I think Olimar can't be put in contention with the other top tiers like Wario, Diddy and DDD. He may be very hard to approach but he's got a serious flaw in his gameplay, which is why I don't think he should contend at the top. Wolf's recovery may have a lot more distance thatn Link's and is not half as gimpable but it's so precise and hard to land at certain spots. Seriously try recovering from certain spots with wolf on Final Destination, it's virtually impossible for a place where most characters would find recovery a breeze.
Oh yes. Link isn't the worst recovery. But he's among the worst. All other characters with bad recoveries, as you mentioned - Olimar (with or without Pikmin), Ivysaur, Wolf... They all have the aerial mobility and except for Wolf's case they sport enough floatiness to cover more distance to get back to the ledge than Link can in the same position - Wolf at least does in horizontal distance (his aerial movement is amazing), if not vertical. Link has both an immense fall speed and an incredibly horrible aerial movement, and his two recovery options, the ZAir and the UpB (not counting the Bomb Jump which only works at really high percents) cover only so little space that they're pretty much useless.
Link might not have the worst recovery move, but his overall recovery is crappy due to all other downweights (literally, actually) he has.

I also think Shiek and Sonic should go up for the continual pressure they can put on opponents and I think DK should once again go for a drop below pit. He's too susceptible to combos :/. I also think Falcon is better than Ganon.
I agree with all of these positions.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I know I'm just stating facts here, but it's because I think Link has a better recovery than normal Olimar, Ivysaur and Wolf.
I'll agree with you that Olimar and Ivysaur have a worse recovery than Link, but there is absolutely no way that Wolf's recovery is worse than Link's. Yes, Wolf's recovery is pretty **** bad, but not as bad as Link's. Yes, his ledge sweetspot is practically non-existent on his up B, but he isn't quite as easy to gimp as Link is, and also he actually has a chance of recovering horizontally, whereas Link doesn't if the player edgehogs properly. Not to mention that Wolf has better jumps.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's sideB recovery is too legit and when used smartly with his upB he shouldn't be getting gimped very often at all.

Don't really think he should be mentioned when people are discussing worst recoveries in the game.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Wolf's sideB recovery is too legit and when used smartly with his upB he shouldn't be getting gimped very often at all.

Don't really think he should be mentioned when people are discussing worst recoveries in the game.
He actually should man, hes a character that has no edge sweetspot and also gets edgehoged easily

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I'll agree with you that Olimar and Ivysaur have a worse recovery than Link, but there is absolutely no way that Wolf's recovery is worse than Link's. Yes, Wolf's recovery is pretty **** bad, but not as bad as Link's. Yes, his ledge sweetspot is practically non-existent on his up B, but he isn't quite as easy to gimp as Link is, and also he actually has a chance of recovering horizontally, whereas Link doesn't if the player edgehogs properly. Not to mention that Wolf has better jumps.
Your probably right, but it's just when I play as wolf I find his recovery becomes a lot more frustrating than Link's... maybe it's because I'm more used to Link's recovery but Wolf can't reach the edge from certain angles which most characters (including Link), especially on FD. But I agree wolf is no where near as susceptible to gimps as link :/

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
My personal opinion:

going up: Wario will probably be one of the ones who will rise the more,pika will definitily move up to. some characters like Sonic, Sheik, Diddy... can move up a couple of spots. Olimar will probably rise too.

going down: Wario and Diddy will send most of the top tiers down a couple of spots. I think Marth will end up in B tier, I also think DK will be 2 or 3 spots lower.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Falcon's recovery is longer than Ganon's, but it's as easy to gimp as Ganon's one. Aerial of Falcon are all the same speed as Ganon's but weaker. And Falcon's ground attacks have extremely low priority including his smash attacks.

Chandy, stop saying Link's recovery isn't bad it is terrible. He has the 6th slowest air speed, a very short midair jump, fast falling and an up b that lacks horizontal and vertical distance as Spadefox said. I think he has the shortest recovery outside the Pikminless Olimar or the lone Ice Climber.

Wolf's recovery is bad when people can't move the control stick really well. Sometimes it's very good sometimes it's very bad. And Falco's up b is worse than Wolf's up b.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Falcon's recovery is longer than Ganon's, but it's as easy to gimp as Ganon's one. Aerial of Falcon are all the same speed as Ganon's but weaker. And Falcon's ground attacks have extremely low priority including his smash attacks.
No. All of Falcon's aerials are faster, even if it's by a bit, and all have less lag. This allows him to combo much more reliably than Ganon. His UAir and DAir are the only two aerials he has which are weaker than Ganon's, his FAir (sweetspotted), and NAir (even though it doesn't matter), are stronger. Falcon's BAir is AS strong, faster, and less laggy.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Pikachu doesn't suck. Care to elaborate?
Pikachus recovery IMO is really not that hard to gimp or intercept due to the amount of options pikachu really has. He can either side B or up B twice back to the stage. If you ledge hog and they decide to side B towards you to get you off a nicely timed bair by most characters works nicely. If they decide to go above you a ledge hop to whatever punishes there lag for the landing of the upB. If they go straight for you and try to attack you with upB you can just shield and punish. I don't know, I find edge guarding Pikachu is a joke. Yes, I've played good Pikachus....I used to do Game battles.

Whoever thinks Marth is going down is an idiot. I also see DDD going down. Hes extremely overrated as a character and has too many bad matchups to be so high. Iceys, Meta Knight, Kirby, Toon Link, Falco, and anyone he cant chain grab basically.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pikachus recovery IMO is really not that hard to gimp or intercept due to the amount of options pikachu really has. He can either side B or up B twice back to the stage. If you ledge hog and they decide to side B towards you to get you off a nicely timed bair by most characters works nicely. If they decide to go above you a ledge hop to whatever punishes there lag for the landing of the upB. If they go straight for you and try to attack you with upB you can just shield and punish. I don't know, I find edge guarding Pikachu is a joke. Yes, I've played good Pikachus....I used to do Game battles.

Whoever thinks Marth is going down is an idiot. I also see DDD going down. Hes extremely overrated as a character and has too many bad matchups to be so high. Iceys, Meta Knight, Kirby, Toon Link, Falco, and anyone he cant chain grab basically.
Wow.

This is the most Inaccurate post that I've read in a REALLY long time.

bigman40

Smash Master

Wait what? I guess I missed this AT. Tell me, how do I shield while I'm on the ledge? I need to learn it to get much better :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom