• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
IMO
Ups
Marth (he should be moved above DDD, at least in 4th place)
Toon Link (Maybe 2 or 3 spots)
ZSS (like 2 spots at least)
Olimar (Should be moved up to at least 7 place)
Diddy (Definitely needs to rise, at least above DDD)
Snake (HE should be 1st not 2nd)
Lucas AND Ness (REALLY easy to combo with and kill with)

Downs:
Meta Knight (He should be AT LEAST 3rd place, or maybe 2nd)
Falco (Should be moved down 2 places)
DDD (IDK where)
Mr. G&W (he should be moved to at most B tier)
Lucario (I find him hard to kill with. Moved down like 2 spots)
R.O.B. (Same as Lucario)
Wolf (EASY to gimp)
Pit (IDK why, just hate him lol)
Samus (REALLY hard to kill with and to rack damage with IMO)

That's all I have so far.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Marth is DEFINITELY dropping, rofl. Wario and Diddy are both better characters than him. The only character above him that might be worse is G&W. I suspect D3 will drop actually. D3 mains are just fortunate enough not to run into more Olimars and Falcos.

Marth is really a deadly character, but when he has negative match-ups vs. MK, Snake, and D3, it's hard. Sure, he beats Falco and G&W, but few players even use these underused characters, because of their one-dimensional playstyle.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Marth is DEFINITELY dropping, rofl. Wario and Diddy are both better characters than him. The only character above him that might be worse is G&W. I suspect D3 will drop actually. D3 mains are just fortunate enough not to run into more Olimars and Falcos.

Marth is really a deadly character, but when he has negative match-ups vs. MK, Snake, and D3, it's hard. Sure, he beats Falco and G&W, but few players even use these underused characters, because of their one-dimensional playstyle.
Marth will NOT drop. He's one of the best characters. IMO he will be above DDD in the next tier list.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong will be going up again, no doubt.
I am a bit biased, ofcourse, because I MAIN, him,
but I think everyone here would agree he has amazing potential.

my guess is he will go up 1 or 2 spots this time.

There are so many techs and combinations with Diddy, it's overwhelming sometimes to even remember them all.

Tink will go up a bit also, in my opinion. The Tink mains seem to be picking it up a bit, even though there are few of them. Idk so much with him, maybe he'll stay where he is. We'll just have to see.

ALSO, Ganondorf wilgo to the bottom, replacing CF. Maybe. lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

Sheik will hop over Fox, Bowser, Zelda. After that I'm not sure if she will pass luigi or not since we haven't won any tournaments to speak of which boss luigi sure has but sheik is better then Fox, Bowser, and zelda no doubt about it.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Diddy has many disadvantage matchups, especially against mid-tier characters, being bad Luigi and Olimar. He is NOT for top tier, but while there are many good Diddys, it's still possible.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how Diddy can go up, Marth might stay the same or go up a bit, Mario should go up too.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think DDD will go back to 3. He makes a lot of characters tournament unviable and he is one of the best 2nds you can have.

He also has a good MU vs. Snake, one of the bests and an often seen character in tournaments.
Also he goes (In my opinion) at least 45:55 with MK.

But so is Wario, good MU vs. MK, Snake, DDD (Really Depends on Stage).

Gaw should drop behind Diddy, so Diddy & Marth would rise :p

MK should stay in his own tier. But Snake should "move down" to A / Top Tier. He just has to many disadvantages (DDD, Some MUs & Some bad stages).

My opinion on how it should look like.

God Tier:
MK

Top Tier:
Snake
DDD
~Rest~

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
IMO
Top:
Meta Knight
Snake

A Tier
Wario
Diddy Kong
Falco
Marth
King Dedede
Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch

B Tier
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Pit
Peach

I did that off the top of my head, I'll bring up the official list and make changes from that next time.

Albert.

Smash Master
I know someone is going to bring up "ONE pro doing well with a character does not mean that the character deserves to go up"

WELL Lain proves the potential of the ICs. He managed to get the grabs on M2K!

Nic64

Smash Lord
meep is pretty good too :p

and I already thought IC's were underrated...

also I think wario > snake, or at least it's close/same tier IMO

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't think this will happen, but I think there are a couple of candidates that should replace snake as second best.

Luju

Smash Rookie
I think Falco could actually drop to 5th, possibly. He has had a huge drop in the tournament rankings

Browny

Smash Hater
its almost as if ally winning apex with snake did nothing lol...
what else do people have to do to convince the masses that snake is still easily top tier lol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snake IS top tier, but Ally is Ally. Diddy Kong is #2 imo.

It will probably look like this:

MK
Snake
Wario
Diddy
D3
Marth
Falco

After that I'm not sure. GaW should go down, ROB should go down, IC should go up... as for the mid/low tiers, Peach, ZSS, Fox should go up, CF should go up, maybe Ike too. I dunno.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I think Falco will move down, Lucario might move up a little, I think Olimar will move down.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:ohwell:I think IC should go up while Lucario sinks down. I also believe Mario and Luigi will rise up a few spots....

gm jack

Smash Lord
Combined Sheik/Zelda I think may insert herself around B/C tier. Even if you just use transform to use the one of the pair who has the better matchup, you are already looking at a character who is good. Add in that in terms of playstyle, they cover each others weaknesses, and that could produce a **** good character.

However, I suspect the lack of tournament results will hinder her initial position, if they even bother to put her in.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
IMO
Ups

Downs:
Meta Knight (He should be AT LEAST 3rd place, or maybe 2nd)

That's all I have so far.

Are you new to the game? Because Meta Knight is basically the God of Smash. Everybody knows that.

Anyway, hya's mah tier list:

A+:

Meta Knight

A:

Snake
Falco
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch

B:

Marth
Olimar
Pikachu
Lucario
R.O.B
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach

C:

Toon Link
Pit
Wolf
Luigi
Sheik
Bowser
Zelda
Fox
Sonic
Yoshi
Ness

D:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Samus
Link

F:

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
snake and MK in their own tier. followed by wario and the rest
I don't know; I don't really feel that Snake deserves his own tier. He's not as outlandishly strong as Meta Knight.

Falco may go down, but I don't feel that D3 will.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I think MK shouldn't get his own tier.

IC and Diddy should rise. Maybe PT, Sonic and Pikachu too. Not sure about the rest.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The general consensus is that GaW should move down? Why!?! He is so good >.>, I think if it wasn't for tournament placings he could easily move up.

IxxI

Smash Fence
G&W isn't played a lot. IMO, I think the reason for this is because he isn't really unique compared to some characters.

WTH, whoever says olimar has a ridiculous learning curve is crazy. He's not that hard to play. You just have to play smart because his attacks are a little laggy.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
G&W isn't played a lot. IMO, I think the reason for this is because he isn't really unique compared to some characters.

WTH, whoever says olimar has a ridiculous learning curve is crazy. He's not that hard to play. You just have to play smart because his attacks are a little laggy.
If you ask me, G&W is one the most brilliantly unique characters. I don't play as him, but he's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom