• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Dallas National Championship 2010 Results - NOV 5-7- FULL SINGLES/DOUBLES RESULTS

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Great tournament, everyone! More detailed shoutouts later-- I only JUST woke up after crashing from arriving home at ~6am after the long drive back from Dallas to St. Louis.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Awesome tourny guys, loved everyone I met and played.

Shout-outs later, subscribing.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Alot of funny moments this tournament. fun chillin in the beast hotel room with fogo and company.

I was in like 5 timeouts that day so annoying and I hate how like ddd gets the shaft most of the time. Like if im at 120 and the opponents at 100 thats a pretty significant advantage for me vs like 90% of the cast but if the time runs out I lose.

Good shiz to gnes,tyrant,esam. 2 sonics in top 5 wut happened to this game
Fun times son, time to work on new chars lol

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol and here I thought Gnes was asian, the more you know

Good **** from Toon Links, double TL got 5th in doubles ? Congrats MJG

Kel

Smash Master
Anyone know where I can see Sundance's speech that's giving everyone hope that Brawl will return next year on the circuit?

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
This was the greatest tournament I've ever been to, I just can't wait for the next one!!
was fun playing Illmatic, Nicole, Fino, tyson, MJG!!!(I would've like to play more friendlies though!!) Mad props to Gnes and espy!!! GJ!!!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I had a blast at this, most fun tourney for me, specifically everyone I got to meet and talk to. May shoutout later.

CO18

Smash Hero
This, 10ofthem
I dunno where its at but from the sounds of it hes gonna try to get us back on the circuit, he didnt give the speech to the tekken players

Oh yea bs announcement *clears throat*: Me and lou supposed to 2-0 gnes and larry. 2 v 1 me and lou vs gnes all at death percent.

Im in middle of stage, gnes on ledge, big lou pressuring him. Gnes fairs biglou tries to up smash it oos the fair hitting his shield makes him slide like half the stage instantly and the upsmash kills me then gnes just runs and does a desperation fair.

Moral of story is. Falco stays free in teams. Should be 3-0 in teams larry remember ;)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But seriously WHY WOULD MLG NOT SEED ANYTHING BY LOCATION? people that have never been to an mlg before should def be seeded by location... not doing that is really stupid and a lot of people from the midwest had to play people they drove to the event with and play nearly every week. Im sure this happened to other regions as well. People go to nationals to play and meet new people not to play someone they play with every week.
It really sucks for people that this happened to and MLG needs to cater to everyone as much as they can.
If you really think about it, it makes sense why they don't seed by region. They are having a competition to see who the best players are, it doesn't matter if you play people you came with, if you win you are going to play other people. They want the best players to win, you shouldn't get an advantage and not have to play a good player first if you are unseeded because you traveled with them. If a group of people go to MLG and they are all really good and unseeded then they are put at an advantage because they don't have to play each other right away.

The only thing that matters to MLG is skill. They are looking for the best players. Beat people and you will play people you didn't go with, if you lose it's your fault. Losers bracket can't really be seeded anyways like that.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I dunno where its at but from the sounds of it hes gonna try to get us back on the circuit, he didnt give the speech to the tekken players

Oh yea bs announcement *clears throat*: Me and lou supposed to 2-0 gnes and larry. 2 v 1 me and lou vs gnes all at death percent.

Im in middle of stage, gnes on ledge, big lou pressuring him. Gnes fairs biglou tries to up smash it oos the fair hitting his shield makes him slide like half the stage instantly and the upsmash kills me then gnes just runs and does a desperation fair.

Moral of story is. Falco stays free in teams. Should be 3-0 in teams larry remember ;)
Nice

and wtf that's gay

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Actually thats way more desperate but..

Yeah brawl players are acting desperate about MONEY

Not about being on the circuit. lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
well if they are not on the circuit then how will they get money of that calibur?

and I dont see that chant as desperate

ANTi_

Smash Hero
well if they are not on the circuit then how will they get money of that calibur?

and I dont see that chant as desperate
Idk, DEHF got 1st @ Apex and won $1,700.

M2K got 1st @ COT4 and got like $1,900.

Grassroot tournaments payout.

Maybe not tekken but smash they do.

Cook

Smash Master
If you really think about it, it makes sense why they don't seed by region. They are having a competition to see who the best players are, it doesn't matter if you play people you came with, if you win you are going to play other people. They want the best players to win, you shouldn't get an advantage and not have to play a good player first if you are unseeded because you traveled with them. If a group of people go to MLG and they are all really good and unseeded then they are put at an advantage because they don't have to play each other right away.

The only thing that matters to MLG is skill. They are looking for the best players. Beat people and you will play people you didn't go with, if you lose it's your fault. Losers bracket can't really be seeded anyways like that.
No one said that it shouldn't be based on skill. Obviously circuit points are the most important. But after they take that into account, they can have Tio seed by region and there's really no good reason why they shouldn't. It's just laziness.

The tournament was still really fun, though. Really wish we could have pulled it off against MVD and Esam, though!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually need to comment on that as well.

RedShadow, I'm legitimately happy for you because of that. I'm proud of you in that regard.
You're a great guy, and I get sad when it happens. :<

MJG

Smash Hero
No one said that it shouldn't be based on skill. Obviously circuit points are the most important. But after they take that into account, they can have Tio seed by region and there's really no good reason why they shouldn't. It's just laziness.
Hylian is still right thought >_>

Thank you MLG for this awesome event. I will never forget it.

Thanks to Atomsk Gnes, Dojo, Domo, Jerm, Hyro and whoever else gave me advice when I asked for it throughout MLG.
Thanks Atomsk for believing in me from the start (lol).
Thanks Dphat/Denti/Infinity for housing Kansas.
Thanks to Lee Martin for being made of pure ****.

To everyone @Infinity's house after Day 1: **** Gumby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU&feature=related

Good
and long
Games to everyone I played.

Congratulations Gnes. I will get you next time >_<.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Thanks for coming out to the MLG Events throughout the year and making for an amazing season! It has been a truly great experience working with MLG and continuing to serve the Smash community! Let's work together to help the community grow and flourish so that we may continue to hold our spot on the MLG Pro Circuit!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Any videos yet?

And is Sundance the owner of MLG?

If not I dont give about his speech LOL.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Way to exceed expectations MLG.
It was nearly a perfect weekend.
I had my top 3 irl trolls this weekend.
I am now addicted to hot pockets.
I have a lot of gum.
I achieved my goal for placement.

Santi, Denti, I don't really hate both of you btw.
:estatic: for next year.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually what Hylian said is essentially exactly why its random. It is not laziness. Every game MLG runs uses the same instructions for seeding (circuit points, online points, random). It has been this way since the inception of the league, and this happens to be the best way to make sure there is zero bias/unnatural influence on determining who the best player is skill wise.

At my locals I seed by location/crew. I completely understand the argument. But for MLG purposes it is a policy that is not going to change.

EDIT: Side note, while I don't know what will happen next year, if we are back I would expect Brawl to be using some type of rolling-rank point system ala-Halo, where previous events get scaled somewhat (not entirely sure how the scaling works because I haven't worked the Pro Circuit for Halo since early 2009).

DOUBLE EDIT: Also the Tekken guys have been with us all year, they deserve our respect just as much as we deserve theirs.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Way to exceed expectations MLG.
It was nearly a perfect weekend.
I had my top 3 irl trolls this weekend.
I am now addicted to hot pockets.
I have a lot of gum.
I achieved my goal for placement.

Santi, Denti, I don't really hate both of you btw.
:estatic: for next year.
U furgot to mention u got to spend the night with ur favorite xat chat warriors~
...unless those 3 trolls were us >.>;

And thnx for clarifying that AlphaZ, makes sense now. I suppose for city and "low-tier" tournies, i find it much funner when u play ppl outside your common ground, but at MLG, they see it from a statistical point of view; the best of the best

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I didn't really get to chat with AZ, MMM, Inferno, or Overswarm.
I'm sad now. :<

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Like peach masta said, he was banned. But he still came to the tournament and gave advice to some players.

SO SLOW!
I'm still A bit salty at the fact I got 49th, Kyrs used Pit against me. :urg:
But also at the same time glad I made someone counterpick a character they don't use so they wouldn't lose to Yoshi, so that raised my hopes up a bit from the support I got at the hotel.
Shoutouts later after taking a three day hibernation. (legs killing me)

:320:
Yep, won't lost to a yoshi because all they gotta do is get the grab above 50. Raise those hopes buddy. :bee:

All in all, I really didn't know the matchup against Yoshi at all from either Pit or Wario perspective, but you better believe I been practicing with Pit for almost the whole semester I've been at school and at tournaments (LOTs of practice)

I don't know how you can be glad that you made someone CP to a worse character because your character has an infinite on their main tho... explain good sir. Because, beyond the fact that we have like maybe one good Yoshi in our region, I am not able to adequately or appropriately judge your skill with your main. Thanks for the experience though, I'll be as gay as hell with Pit against every Yoshi now until I learn the MU :D

Top Bottom