• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Dallas National Championship 2010 Results - NOV 5-7- FULL SINGLES/DOUBLES RESULTS

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hahaha. Fun tournament. I witnessed so many SD's during this tournament. I sent you guys an invitation to join the SD Club if you SD'd.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I didn't really get to chat with AZ, MMM, Inferno, or Overswarm.
I'm sad now. :<
You were too busy pwning faces in the tournament! I understand :D I'll catch you again sometime, I hope :)

Hahaha. Fun tournament. I witnessed so many SD's during this tournament. I sent you guys an invitation to join the SD Club if you SD'd.
I had the worst SD ever from mashing out of Melee1's chain grab, lmfao. You need to send me an invite :p

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
does cameragirl = korean model that had the camera and wore short shorts and boots and watched mostly tekken on the mainstage?

Gnes

Smash Master
Smash cameragirl, she was cute imo.

So was the chic who would tell u who u had to fight next. She was at columbus too, probably all mlg events.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
smash camera girl? sounds made up lol!

chick who would tell you who to fight next? at the information booth?

Gnes

Smash Master
Lol legit, Yea she got braces, she was cute ^_^. YOU GOT HER FACEBOOK KADAJ!?!?!

Yea at the info booth, Fogo knows her name, cant remember it

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
while you were out winning the tournament, i believe i actually know everybody mentioned as well :)

Teh Future

Smash Master
this happens to be the best way to make sure there is zero bias/unnatural influence on determining who the best player is skill wise.

At my locals I seed by location/crew. I completely understand the argument. But for MLG purposes it is a policy that is not going to change.
how in the world would seeding by location have any bias at all skill wise? I understand that MLG is trying to determine who the best player is... when they are seeding randomly then that completely goes out the window though and they should definitely seed by location because there's no reason not to. It obviously doesn't matter for a games that are primarily played online (aka every other game in the circuit) but with smash that is definitely not the case at all and MLG should recognize that and adjust their rules accordingly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No one said that it shouldn't be based on skill. Obviously circuit points are the most important. But after they take that into account, they can have Tio seed by region and there's really no good reason why they shouldn't. It's just laziness.

The tournament was still really fun, though. Really wish we could have pulled it off against MVD and Esam, though!
They don't use TIO lol. They don't even have a bracket, seeding by region would be a lot harder than you think.

how in the world would seeding by location have any bias at all skill wise? I understand that MLG is trying to determine who the best player is... when they are seeding randomly then that completely goes out the window though and they should definitely seed by location because there's no reason not to. It obviously doesn't matter for a games that are primarily played online (aka every other game in the circuit) but with smash that is definitely not the case at all and MLG should recognize that and adjust their rules accordingly.
Read my post. It's bias and unfair if you come with a carfull of 5 amazing people if you don't have to play them just because you came with them. If you want to be seeded then get good placings, it's really the only fair way to seed by skill. Locations mess things up. You shouldn't have a better shot at winning 12,500 because a lot of your friends are good if you are unseeded.

Teh Future

Smash Master
you wouldnt have a better shot at all because its random LOL. the only people that would be seeded by location would be people that would otherwise by seeded randomly. your argument makes no sense at all

Teh Future

Smash Master
Bracket girl was indeed cute! The hot pockets girls weren't bad themselves.
nah the dr pepper girls were way better than the hot pocket girls.

BTW who else noticed that girl on friday who was wearing the shirt where it totally looked like you should be able to see her nipples because i swear i could see like 4/5s of her boobs LOL

Laurel

Smash Ace

special delivery

seriously who is the guy in the dark jacket with the numbers because this is his gf. good work son, please motorboat those for me.

edit: shoutout to nike who asked me why i dont wear shirts like that

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Whose big *** jugs is that?

**** all you **** up on Kaila like that LOL.

THISRT BURST *** ****.

Top Bottom