• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Good for Italy. The brawl community there is lucky that they might get to have some fun in tournaments now.

Sliq

Smash Master
If you main Metaknight then you should feel bad about yourself.

Gindler

Smash Champion
D-smash? it's the shuttle loop, it's so weird. It either barely knicks you and you don't go anywhere or it hits you like Ness's PKT2 (well maybe not that hard but still extremely hard)

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
ok guys ill tell you why meta knight was banned, its not his skill alone that banned him i mean rly melee fox was better. 80% of people main meta knight or snake, so i doubt it was a meta hater. Oh and guess what the people that host the tournement dont bann characters from experiance, they bann them by looking off forums like these and opinions of players. Guys meta knight is good but he is AMAZINGLY overrated. Fox Melee > 2 meta knights. guys they dont know how skilled he his but people are making such a issue they think its a bigger deal than it really is therfore they banned him

-Mars-

Smash Hero
D-smash? it's the shuttle loop, it's so weird. It either barely knicks you and you don't go anywhere or it hits you like Ness's PKT2 (well maybe not that hard but still extremely hard)
It's the fact that he can throw out random powerful attacks with no lag and not be shield grabbed or punished for it.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
If you main Metaknight it means nobody loves you.

In fact, you were probably molested at some point. Why else would you have such an insane lust for power?

TKD

Smash Lord
The tornado isn't that big of a problem.

It's D-smash in my opinion.
The tornado IS the issue. Ask a Yoshi, Donkey or Ike main about that. Those characters would be MK counters if it wasn't for it, maybe even Snake too. Dsmash is predictable, not that strong, has less range than ftilt and is countered if powershielded. Dsmash the problem? These people and their opinions...shuttle loop's better and it's not broken, it's only a bit on the low risk/high reward side.

The reasons brought up for the ban in the community are:
-metaknight has no counters nor match ups in which he has no advantage over his opponents.
-metaknight is the easiest character to play at pro levels.
-metaknight is the character who won most tournaments/got the best placings among the cast.
WOW. Suggest ONLY banning the use of the Mach Tornado. That would solve all three of those issues.

Banning Meta Knight as a whole doesn't make sense. Banning the nado nerfs him enough for standard play. He's a character. People like him. Tell them not to do this to Brawl.

Irow

Smash Ace
No, banning the whorenado would be incredibly stupid.

For one, that would be incredibly hard to monitor.

And two, whorenado isn't what makes him have no counters.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You all totally missed this. [READ]

I'm not sure if this was brought up here yet, but:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=34723&page=13

emme said:
hiya, i'm a member of the italian smash community, and i'm the creator of that thread (i'm also known as MalvaSmash or Malva -no, not isai, i've been owning this nickname since 1997, unfortunately >=( - ).

First of all, this is NOT an OFFICIAL topic, but simply a poll made to let me understand how many people would agree if metaknight was banned. Honestly, I haven't understood why Ald claimed that this poll was something official, since i think that only who organizes this tourney should decide this. So, at the moment MK IS NOT banned in italy. In that thread, you can read this sentence (comes from my first post):

"Per questi ed altri motivi voto sì, vorrei che Meta Knight fosse bannato, almeno per "prova"."

which, in english, is something like "For this and many other causes, I'd like to ban MetaKnight, even just for 'trying' this.". I will maintain my opinion: for me, it is a good idea to test a metagame without it.

greetings from the italian community to allisbrawl, bye :x

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
If you main Metaknight it means nobody loves you.

In fact, you were probably molested at some point. Why else would you have such an insane lust for power?
Because watching other people shift and jerk uncontrollably in a tournament where they watch you just annihilate your first match up is great. Even more so when they know that they are up next. Besides, it's fun to listen to people cry about him, it sounds like the tears over shiek in melee...

Sliq

Smash Master
Because watching other people shift and jerk uncontrollably in a tournament where they watch you just annihilate your first match up is great. Even more so when they know that they are up next. Besides, it's fun to listen to people cry about him, it sounds like the tears over shiek in melee...
Nobody does that. Everything Metaknight does is humdrum considering anyone with HANDS can play Metaknight effectively.

But if it makes you feel better, you can still imagine people think you're good, and not just decent because of the character you play.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL sliq, i don't get why you can say anyone with hands can play metaknight effecively when the metaknights you've played are nothing but scrub metaknights that wouldn't even get top 20 at any of our tournaments.

If you're going to complain about metaknights at least be in an area where the metaknights are good.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Nobody does that. Everything Metaknight does is humdrum considering anyone with HANDS can play Metaknight effectively.

But if it makes you feel better, you can still imagine people think you're good, and not just decent because of the character you play.
I'll second this...Because I've heard and said the same thing.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I think he shouldn't be banned, but there is something true.. the majority of people play a character because it is powerful. The say they like him, but what they like is power. If they didn't start winning with him they would leave him behind. It is really boring to see that much Mks and Snakes on tournaments. And also, there is the top tier psychological effect. You believe the character is good (because of tier lists) and you will keep with him until you become good. And when you loose you will change to MK or Snake. There are many people like that. They are so gay. But still, I wanted them to use those top tier to kick their sorry arses.

Sliq

Smash Master
LOL sliq, i don't get why you can say anyone with hands can play metaknight effecively when the metaknights you've played are nothing but scrub metaknights that wouldn't even get top 20 at any of our tournaments.

If you're going to complain about metaknights at least be in an area where the metaknights are good.
It seems like you are inferring that I have trouble with Metaknight, when the opposite is actually true.

I just don't have much respect for anyone that plays Metaknight is all. I'll give credit to people that place well with Metaknight to a certain degree, but Metaknight is a pretty boring character (EVERY Kirby character is boring), and people only play him to "win the tournament" (inside joke).

Which is fine by me really. You aren't looking for respect, you're looking for money, so everybody wins. I don't have to pretend I think you're good, and you don't have to pretend that you have a soul. Win win! (Troll)

Ulevo

Smash Master
The tornado IS the issue. Ask a Yoshi, Donkey or Ike main about that. Those characters would be MK counters if it wasn't for it, maybe even Snake too. Dsmash is predictable, not that strong, has less range than ftilt and is countered if powershielded. Dsmash the problem? These people and their opinions...shuttle loop's better and it's not broken, it's only a bit on the low risk/high reward side..
This is a joke right? No wonder the Meta Knight match up threads are so distorted.

Tornado does not make Meta Knight. There are a plethora of counters, and many ways to deal with it. You know where my list is, take a good, long look at it. And if that isn't enough for you, you could also try using the Shield button and punishing. I hear it's quite powerful in Brawl.

If you honestly believe the words that you have just posted, you are either incredibly intelligent and aware of something most Smashers or not (heaven forbid Ike ever even having a chance of being a counter to Meta Knight), or you're totally ignorant to how Meta Knight works. I don't think it's the former.

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
It seems like you are inferring that I have trouble with Metaknight, when the opposite is actually true.

I just don't have much respect for anyone that plays Metaknight is all. I'll give credit to people that place well with Metaknight to a certain degree, but Metaknight is a pretty boring character (EVERY Kirby character is boring), and people only play him to "win the tournament" (inside joke).

Which is fine by me really. You aren't looking for respect, you're looking for money, so everybody wins. I don't have to pretend I think you're good, and you don't have to pretend that you have a soul. Win win! (Troll)
Neuh, king dedede rocks. I'll agree to metaknight and kirby being purty boring though.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MK is very easy to use competetively. Mash B and spam dsmash. GG. Of course there are better MK players, but MK is very easy to use at a competetive level. Snake and Dedede, the other two behind him, have a much higher learning curve, even if they are both very good as well (Though far behind MK).

Sakurai's Kirby bias ftl.

Dojo

Smash Champion
MK is very easy to use competetively. Mash B and spam dsmash. GG. Of course there are better MK players, but MK is very easy to use at a competetive level. Snake and Dedede, the other two behind him, have a much higher learning curve, even if they are both very good as well (Though far behind MK).

Sakurai's Kirby bias ftl.

MK's that spam just weed out the other scrubs using other characters. These guys don't place high at a top competitive level. Good players have already learned how to get by it. GTFO

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL yea if you see a MK spamming tornado/up+b/dsmash and doing well, that's a testament to how bad the people they are playing are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom