• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Every tourny ive gone to TKD has gotten first or second. I lawled when you said he actually needs to get out and play the game.
Wow, that's awesome! I'm glad that he's placing well. I don't care.

Congrats to him then. For all I know, those could be scrub tourneys or tournaments tackling players like Azen. In the end, it doesn't really matter, because the fact is that someone with a tournament record (and you seem to imply it's a good one) should have a good idea as to the match ups associated with Meta Knight. Obviously, if he's running around calling Ike a Meta Knight counter (barring in mind Tornado is excluded), he has little idea of what he's talking about.

Ulevo, how are Tournaments results relevant to Matchup statistics? There's an entire topic on Yoshi vs. MetaKnight somewhere here that pretty much describes the entire matchup and what each character can do against eachother. I know that videos are important, but Tournament Results?

Besides, The tornado doesn't really effect those characters at all (Maybe Diddy though, does he have an Anti-Tornado Counter?). Doesn't mean Ike will do better without it though....
I should have clarified what it was I meant by tournament results. I'm referring to specific matches between Yoshi players and Meta Knight players in a competitive setting with good players. That is one of the only ways to derive proper examples to support a match up opinion.

Also, Banana goes through the Tornado.

I'll stop posting about MK. Me and my ignorant self should just go off and keep on winning tournaments. I've tried to counter MK for awhile now, and tried to find a hard matchup. Not even Snake played by DSF seems hard to me.
The discussion (ours) is not whether or not Meta Knight has hard match ups. We know he doesn't. 3:7 is a hard match up. The argument is whether or not characters do or do not have advantages in their match up.

There are no hard matchups for MK. And few even ones: himself and Snake. Maybe Yoshi and the kongs (which I'm unsure of). But there's not even a light counter. Tournaments will always be much easier for the ones that main MK.
Who is arguing that Meta Knight won't have an easier time winning tournaments than any other character? We've already established that. That's why he is good. That is not relevant to character match up. Again, going off track.

And if you're not even sure of whether or not Yoshi or DK/Diddy have an advantage or disadvantage, why are you even posting statistics in your thread or going around making claims?

I just posted about a possible solution. If you find it that disgusting, either the MK ban is acceptable, or Brawl should keep on the way it is (which isn't very good).
No. What I find disgusting is that you take your clearly biased and uninformed opinion about Meta Knights character match ups and advertise them in a character boards match up thread where players go to learn about the game competitively. The fact that you think the Tornado should be banned is just the icing on the cake.

And people have already established that Brawl is bad. Welcome to Smash Bros. Do you honestly believe that removing the Tornado or even Meta Knight will fix it?

You must be unaware of how good his spotdodge is. Tornado>spotdodge, tornado>jabs. He can spotdodge anything else, and while it sounds ********, it works. His answers to the nado are a bit slow, so they have to be performed early, which there's no time for if you start the nado from a bit closer.

I'm pretty sure nair's spotdodgeable too, and duh, of course his fair outranges it. Ike's spotdodge works better than R.O.B.'s, at least against this character.

About the Snake thing, I go even against him...he has to ditto me, sir...
Do you want to know how to beat Ike with Meta Knight? You hit down on the C Stick and then grab the ledge. You can stick that in your character match up thread.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wow @ ike being a metaknight counter, metaknight absolutely destroys ike, this guy is dumb

Do you want to know how to beat Ike with Meta Knight? You hit down on the C Stick and then grab the ledge. You can stick that in your character match up thread.
that's dumb, that's not going to be done ever, especially when it's better to just run to the edge. That's like saying, "you know how to beat any character with sheik or jiggs in melee, you just get a lead and grab the edge" No one is that gay though.(except plank lol).

Ulevo

Smash Master
wow @ ike being a metaknight counter, metaknight absolutely destroys ike, this guy is dumb

that's dumb, that's not going to be done ever, especially when it's better to just run to the edge. That's like saying, "you know how to beat any character with sheik or jiggs in melee, you just get a lead and grab the edge" No one is that gay though.(except plank lol).
That was a severe exaggeration on my end, and wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was just to emphasize Meta Knights advantage on Ike and use Ikes poor recovery as a focal point of the humour. Obviously that's not how Smash works. :p

I'm surprised you didn't catch that. It happens.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
why do these threads even get posts? if he gets banned he gets banned im sure everyone has a secondary, am i right?

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
All i see in this thread is

A: BAWW MY EASY CHARACTER GOT BANNED (yes hes easier to use and has a general advantage, it doesnt break the game, but its broke enough to warrant a hard ban in italy, that says something)

and

B: HAHAHA WE DON'T LIKE HARD MATCH UPS SUX 4 U (Baw Haw, will everything be easier now? Smart players will still dominate you)

>.>; Quit crying and johnin ppl, ****.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
This Topic:

Yuna: I'm right you're wrong you're dumb i'm smart bwaaahhh

Umbreon: I'mma be a big jerk to everyone

XIF: I hate everyone and I'm also a jerk

Everyone else:

This topic: Is now about ****.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Russ_Diesel/big-****-car-washing.jpg

Binx

Smash Master
He has no bad match ups, he is the only character without a viable "counter", he IS the easiest to use at noob and pro levels of play, he is the only character besides falco that I've seen that can be consistently aggressive, he has gimps, one of, if not THE best recovery, and he has no lag. It's easy to see he is by far the best character in the game, your wasting time playing any other character, and the more tricks are discovered with him the more broken he will be. Him and Snake should both be banned, Snake isn't as much of a problem but still has huge advantages over most the cast. Don't get me wrong I've never really like bans but this game is not as balanced as melee was, at least in melee there are multiple characters that basically have no bad match ups at pro levels.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MK is like Marth in Melee. Marth really had no weakness in Melee, yet he was beatable. MK is just in the same position.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK is like Marth in Melee. Marth really had no weakness in Melee, yet he was beatable. MK is just in the same position.
If something has no weakness, then how can you beat it? Lol that is what I constantly hear from people... "Mk has no weakness, yet he can be beaten." Make up your minds people, either MK is unbeatable or he has some bad matchups. Something is not unbeatable if it has a bad matchup, and if he doesn't have any bad matchups then I don't wanna hear "But but you can beat him!"

Gates

Banned via Warnings

I've found that the **** matchup isn't that hard. You just have to have good spacing early on, wait for an opening, have a good approach, and save your grabs until later. Juggling them is also a good solution.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
who's ******* are those i must know immediately

AIM me: mcabreact

dead serious

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Mario must have done this. whut.

I always though the best way to be killed was to be sent up into the air since metaknight is floaty and can be attacked in air (cough snake up smash) and metaknight is also defeated by dodge then countering

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Alright, so I just come back to this thread because it's late and I have posted here before, so I wanted to see the new post, what I come to find is rather...interesting...but I'm alright with that. Ironic that this was done late at night too...oh and look at that, my location is Sin City...

Alright, so those boobies need to be banned at tournaments because they will be too distracting for any opponent, and is therefore an impossible matchup, more so than Meta Knight IMHO.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You know, do we actually have any PROOF that the Italian Smash Community banned MetaKnight?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how does the dumbest thread on this board suddenly become this good and full of awsome??

That pic might have something to do with it

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You know, do we actually have any PROOF that the Italian Smash Community banned MetaKnight?
They didn't actually ban MK. The group of friends the OP plays with just decided not to use him when playing in get togethers.

Italy has never even had a tournament. This topic got blown way out of proportion.

Also, ****.

That is all.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Because obviously the only reason why anyone plays MK is because he's the best character.
No really, i chose to play as metaknight when this game came out because i somehow already knew he was the highest ranked character. /sarcasm.

People play metaknight because they enjoy the way he plays, same as any other character. a ban on a character is completely unfair to everyone who has spend time mastering that character.

but no, youre right! Banning MK because you can't beat him makes complete sense!
Mugza, can I sig this? >.<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Holy crap XIF aren't you thinking about the minors that come to this website. (Me being one of them, but I couldn't care less, I feel like my mind is older and more mature than my physical body.) (Also why does it feel like I've seen the girl on the second picture...just where did you get it anyway, I swear if her name starts with Amanda you're in for it...)

WIN!!!!

Smash Rookie
true metaknight can become a really annoying and almost seemingly invincible character...but instead of complaining about the character and just taking the easy of eliminating him, someone should just find a strategy and beat him, becus believe me i play wit him and although i have won every match i have ever played with him, it was not because of his moveset but becus of the time i put in learning how to use his moveset....Italy is trippin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom