• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I still don't believe this. The Italian smash community just decided to ban Metaknight because it's considered too cheap/broken and uncounterable. Personally I haven't played Brawl as deeply as Melee but the feeling I had is that Metaknight, though being a very strong character, ISN'T invincible. Since I chose to play Metaknight because he is my favourite character and not because of his moveset I feel personally involved and I'm asking your personal opinion about this..

The reasons brought up for the ban in the community are:
-metaknight has no counters nor match ups in which he has no advantage over his opponents.
-metaknight is the easiest character to play at pro levels.
-metaknight is the character who won most tournaments/got the best placings among the cast.

People in the Italian community are convinced that the presence of metaknight ruins the metagame and overall fun of Brawl, which, according to those people, can't be played seriously as far as MK's in. I honestly have the feeling that people are getting too lazy and won't even bother trying to figure out ways to counter top tier characters.. at least.. I see no other way a character could be banned only 2 months after the game's relase (I shall remember that Brawl was relased in Europe at the beginning of July). I might be wrong though, since I haven't got that much of experience in Brawl.. so I'm asking the boards' opinion about this (expecially skilled players').

discuss.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
...omfg...comments in red

I still don't believe this. The Italian smash community just decided to ban Metaknight because it's considered too cheap/broken and uncounterable. Personally I haven't played Brawl as deeply as Melee but the feeling I had is that Metaknight, though being a very strong character, ISN'T invincible. Since I chose to play Metaknight because he is my favourite character and not because of his moveset I feel personally involved and I'm asking your personal opinion about this..

The reasons brought up for the ban in the community are:
-metaknight has no counters nor match ups in which he has no advantage over his opponents.
That's not true. While he doesn't have bad match-up's, there are still neutral ones. So he doesn't have the adv over everyone. Even so, he still is beatable. See Reflexs Wario vs M2Ks MK or NLs Diddy vs M2Ks MK...

-metaknight is the easiest character to play at pro levels.
That doesn't matter

-metaknight is the character who won most tournaments/got the best placings among the cast.
So what? Does the character with best tourney results get auto-banned???

People in the Italian community are convinced that the presence of metaknight ruins the metagame and overall fun of Brawl, which, according to those people, can't be played seriously as far as MK's in.
Brawl / Any competitive game =/= fun

I honestly have the feeling that people are getting too lazy and won't even bother trying to figure out ways to counter top tier characters.. at least.. I see no other way a character could be banned only 2 months after the game's relase (I shall remember that Brawl was relased in Europe at the beginning of July). I might be wrong though, since I haven't got that much of experience in Brawl.. so I'm asking the boards' opinion about this (expecially skilled players').

discuss.
10chars

brinboy789

Smash Champion
thats gay. and metaknight actually takes some practice to use. you wanna know who is easiest to use? snake. a combo + ftilt until 100% (what like 5 attacks?) and utilt = 1 stock. how hard can taht be

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
At first, I laughed, but.....

I want you to keep us updated on the Italian metagame and how tournies turn out. Please?

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I think you guys need to realize that just because a character is beatable does not necessarily make them fair.

Akuma was technically 'beatable' as well.

I believe it's ridiculous and hypocritical when you say, "Well get off your *** and learn how to counter Metaknight," when you are maining the easiest character in the game. It's as though you think winning as Metaknight requires tons of work.

Edit: Also, yes please on Italian tourney rankings. I'd like to see how the metagame plays out as well.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Good for Italy, they just need to get snake out of the picture and brawl may just be enjoyable

Excellence

Smash Champion
The American metagame is more developed than anywhere else in the world because we're the only ones who've taken the game to shuck a competitive point. There will not be a ban against Meta Knight (lol pun) in the U.S., so unless you live in Italy you have nothing to fear.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This is hilarious. Sucks for you, now pick up a new character, stat!

But yes, keep us posted on post-MK banned tournaments.

This entire situation is relevant to my interests...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I think you guys need to realize that just because a character is beatable does not necessarily make them fair.

I believe it's ridiculous and hypocritical when you say, "Well get off your *** and learn how to counter Metaknight," when you are maining the easiest character in the game. It's as though you think winning as Metaknight requires tons of work.

Edit: Also, yes please on Italian tourney rankings. I'd like to see how the metagame plays out as well.
the easiest char in the game? i literally spent a whole day checking and looking through all the chars to pick MK, and then it took a LONG time to get to where i am. how is it easy to use MK? like stop saying its easy at least explain how it is. i can explain how snake is easy to use:
5 ftilts and then 1 utilt = 1 stock
thats easy. how is MK easy?

Ørion

Smash Ace
^ MK is easier in relation to the rest of the cast, not easy exactly.

This is ridiculous, I don't main him but he's not good enough to warrant a ban. IMO this will never spread anywhere else.

CO18

Smash Hero
MK is easy to use.

Everyone I know knows how to play mk rather effectively while barely using him.

Of course youre not gonna automatically become amazing with him.

But you can beat people who have been using a char since brawl's release. After like a day or 2 with mk

I dont use mk often yet hes probably my 2nd best char.

Master Raven

Smash Master
There's a difference between being easy to play and being easy to master (I'm talking near M2K levels). Also is it me or are people just parroting the "MK is real easy to use" argument at this point?

Good for Italy, they just need to get snake out of the picture and brawl may just be enjoyable
I can beat decent MKs and Snakes with Ike. I think that's enough not to warrant a ban.

Edit: BTW CO18 this post wasn't directed to you lol, but I think my point still stands.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
MK is easy to use.

Everyone I know knows how to play mk rather effectively while barely using him.

Of course youre not gonna automatically become amazing with him.

But you can beat people who have been using a char since brawl's release. After like a day or 2 with mk

I dont use mk often yet hes probably my 2nd best char.
hly crap. every person who says metaknight is easy just DOESNT STATE HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is he easy to use??!?!?!? tell me. what tornado 24/7? if ur a MK user u either always use tornado or rarely use it so...yea...tell me! HOW IS MK EASY TO USE

M@v

Subarashii!
hly crap. every person who says metaknight is easy just DOESNT STATE HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is he easy to use??!?!?!? tell me. what tornado 24/7? if ur a MK user u either always use tornado or rarely use it so...yea...tell me! HOW IS MK EASY TO USE

hes easy because he pretty much shafts the whole cast with one or two exceptions.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
hes easy because he pretty much shafts the whole cast with one or two exceptions.
Being us the exception, right Pgh-M@v-Pgh?, hehe, I think he is beatable but you have to know how to deal with him, why the game couldn't be more balanced?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wow...

I'm in here before angry wave of pro-MK people come in, even though I would prefer MK a playable character.

Muzga

Smash Ace

MK=/= Akuma.

Akuma could shut down the whole cast, to the point where if you got hit by the air hadoken there was nothing you could do. the problem is that the air hadoken was really easy to hit with.
MK doesnt COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE CAST. Yes, we know he's the best character in the game. you aren't the first scrub to complain instead of bothering to learn the matchup.
Learn to play. Thats what we do.

Edit: and how does the learning curve of a character make a difference anyway?
All i hear is BAWW MK is EZ 2 PLAI! LETS BAN HIM!
Seriously, someone explain it to me.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol. i find it funny how i told all those metahaters to just explain why metaknight is easy to play and all of them just say HES EASY TO PLAY MUHAHAHAHAHA and dont explain why..........

c. hood

Smash Apprentice
He's easy to play because his moveset is the easiest to understand and use since 90% of his moves have extremely little to no lag.. :p

However I disagree with banning him. He isn't a god and can be beat. There is ways.. ;)

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Every character in this game, including Snake has Weaknesses. Meta Knight doesn't. He's light, and he can even work around that.

Meta Knight is a Melee character in BRAWL. That doesn't work out at all. If Marth were the same as he were in Melee, I could probably be winning tournaments left and right simply because I can use him.

I think that banning MK warrants a shot. If it doesn't work and this game is still gay, so be it. Unban. If it works, however, go for gold.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
this is crazy its waaaaaaay to soon for itailians to declare mk unbeatable. i wonder if the person who starts winning tournaments now will be banned too. soon they will jus ban smash bros

samai

Smash Apprentice
But now all the meta knight players will have to pick up a new character
*uses zelda*
Downsmash, WHAT U DIDNT DIE THATS GAY
UP B *falls off ledge* WHY NO GLIDE FOR ZELDA

M@v

Subarashii!
Being us the exception, right Pgh-M@v-Pgh?, hehe, I think he is beatable but you have to know how to deal with him, why the game couldn't be more balanced?

No. I STILL dont think its even. But there was an overwhelming majority that did. Snake and DK own MK. There are others that do decent(Lucario, falco, fox, G&W, marth), but it isnt worse than even for MK, most of thos matchups are 6:4 MK imo.

Mk isnt unbeatbale; its just pretty hard in many cases lol :laugh:
And I second MK...why would I bash on him?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I think this a bad idea.

But it will be interesting to see how this develops.

I mean, maybe Metaknight is worth banning, but I think such a decision should wait till summer 2009 until a serious decision is even considered.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*post*
I wanna see the dumb arguments arise. =)

Rofl at this getting like 2 posts a second.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
When I first saw this thread, my reaction was: "... Italy has Brawl? lol wtf h4x"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom