• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFast

Smash Lord
why people think metaknight is "easy to use" is because of his hitboxs, range and hit speed of attacks.
Metaknight can hit any area around his body at all times with the right attack.
Metaknights attacks have little lag leaving little punishment for mistakes.
And Metaknights range , in comparison to his body, is actual very good it's almost twice his body length.
And his attack are simplistic in their nature no sweet spots just attack the direction the enemy.
Also metaknight has good killing power in comparison to how quick his moves are.
Great recovery.
His only real weakness is projectiles but his quick dodges help him get through projectiles easy that characters like Captain Falcon.
This is WHY people think he is easy to use. I'm not saying I feel this way, its just people reasons for bashing Metaknight.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
MK's that spam just weed out the other scrubs using other characters. These guys don't place high at a top competitive level. Good players have already learned how to get by it. GTFO
Sure, MK isn't easy to master, but he's easy to pick up, which is all I'm saying. Snake and Dedede are much harder to start out with. I actually am a fan of Meta Knight outside of Smash, he's one of my favorite characters, I just happen to like slow powerful characters in gameplay though.

But really now. . .MK has two counters. DK and somebody else I'm forgetting. That's it. He has like 3 neutrals, and everything else is an advantage. Dedede, the 3rd best character, has a terrible list of match ups next to MK. You can't say there's something not wrong there.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
the easiest char in the game? i literally spent a whole day checking and looking through all the chars to pick MK, and then it took a LONG time to get to where i am. how is it easy to use MK? like stop saying its easy at least explain how it is. i can explain how snake is easy to use:
5 ftilts and then 1 utilt = 1 stock
thats easy. how is MK easy?
I don't even want to hear "learn to use" coming from you guys...

Sliq

Smash Master
Metaknight "spam" isn't hard to deal with, it's just annoying.

All the things you can "spam" are retardedly good when not "spammed." Hell, they are still good WHEN spammed. It's just easier to punish somone who doesthe same shit over and over. That isn't a character deficiency, so much as me being awesome.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sure, MK isn't easy to master, but he's easy to pick up, which is all I'm saying. Snake and Dedede are much harder to start out with. I actually am a fan of Meta Knight outside of Smash, he's one of my favorite characters, I just happen to like slow powerful characters in gameplay though.

But really now. . .MK has two counters. DK and somebody else I'm forgetting. That's it. He has like 3 neutrals, and everything else is an advantage. Dedede, the 3rd best character, has a terrible list of match ups next to MK. You can't say there's something not wrong there.
Your statement is off in more ways than I can count.

First of all it's fine that MK is easy to pick up. Sheik was easy to pick up in melee but still wasn't the best.

MK does not have two counters, he does not have any. DK is not a counter, MK still has a small advantage on him.

Mainly, though, what are ddd's "terrible" matchups? A decent DDD can do well vs MK, it's not easy but it's not "terrible". DDD has no other matchups that are that bad even, aside from MK. DDD ***** snake and anyone else he can chaingrab, and if you say falco is a bad matchup for him watch Seibrik play, he's ridiculous against falco. The chaingrab hurts but since falco kills ddd at 170 and ddd kills falco at 100 or lower, its not a big deal

Sliq

Smash Master
Dedede and Snake are also ********. Only slightly less on the grounds that neither can fly around the screen faster than most characters can run inside a giant disjointed hitbox.

But yeah, I'd rather fight MK and Snake over Dedede any day. Chain grab infinite = lamest shit ever to come from 1's and 0's.

First of all it's fine that MK is easy to pick up. Sheik was easy to pick up in melee but still wasn't the best.
Sheik didn't fly across the world in a tornado, and also her weight made it easy to combo her, which would lead to rests if you're me, which I am.

MK's only real downfall is he's light, but he's still not as light as other characters. His recovery is ridiculous.

Regardless, I do see your point about Sheik, I just think that Metaknight is CURRENTLY better then Shiek, if we are going to compare the two.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Sheik didn't fly across the world in a tornado, and also her weight made it easy to combo her, which would lead to rests if you're me, which I am.

MK's only real downfall is he's light, but he's still not as light as other characters. His recovery is ridiculous.

Regardless, I do see your point about Sheik, I just think that Metaknight is CURRENTLY better then Shiek, if we are going to compare the two.
I can agree with this.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Diddy Kong is a bad matchup for DDD.
seibrik beat nl 2-0 even on fd!!!

although i know 1 person isnt a good judge of a matchup, i dont think its that bad. If diddy plays right he doesnt die til an absurd percent and can kill easy. He can chaingrab diddy and if he has his own banana on the ground and chaingrabs diddy into it he can chaingrab diddy into a reverse chaingrab all the way back across the stage. Situational but awesome and useful, lol.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

MK does not have two counters, he does not have any. DK is not a counter, MK still has a small advantage on him.

Mainly, though, what are ddd's "terrible" matchups? A decent DDD can do well vs MK, it's not easy but it's not "terrible". DDD has no other matchups that are that bad even, aside from MK. DDD ***** snake and anyone else he can chaingrab, and if you say falco is a bad matchup for him watch Seibrik play, he's ridiculous against falco. The chaingrab hurts but since falco kills ddd at 170 and ddd kills falco at 100 or lower, its not a big deal
If anything then, I've underestimated MK. That just proves him all the more insanely broken. Bowser could still beat fox in Melee, but the same can't be said in brawl for CF and MK.

Dedede doesn't have terrible match ups in general, just terrible next to MK. He doesn't have advantages against characters he can't chain grab, while MK has an advantage against virtually every character in the game.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ddd has advantages against characters he cant chaingrab, lol

and a bowser couldnt beat a -good- fox in melee

i will beat a ****ty mk with my brawl falcon, guaranteed.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
D3 is 3rd on tier list mostly because of his CG. MK ***** him because he cant get CGed. and guys, stop complaining about tornado. its called, SHIELD. :O genius right. the tornado doesnt go through shields as many people think it does. just shield it and punish. :O:O:O:O:O:O MK attempted banners phail at smash and life

10epicphails

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm has been a top player since Brawl's Japanese release. Then he picked up Meta-Knight and did quite well as Meta-Knight. What does this mean? Oh, can't it just mean that Overswarm already had extensive knowledge of Brawl, of the strengths and weaknesses of all characters so he applied that knowledge to his new main, which he'd practiced with and seen people play as?
Just want to clarify this....

This was my first in-person tournament maining metaknight. I used him a few times in the past on a whim, and I used him for the first time in tournament before playing him in any friendlies against Cosmo ages ago.

>_>

J4pu

Smash Champion

Watch Seibrik get ***** by Tommy G's Falco, it isn't pretty, or interesting to watch for that matter, but it happens. The only 2 vids ive seen of either of them were filled with DDD getting ***** by Falco. Of course 2 people playing doesn't determine a match-up, just saying.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Good for Italy, they just need to get snake out of the picture and brawl may just be enjoyable
And then G&W, and Falco, and ROB, and so on... There are plenty of characters who have good enough match ups and playability to become the next MK.

Hardcore banning is ********. A softcore ban might eventually come up in the US, I still say that is ********, but to go as far as to eliminate a character from the game? When I'm asked my opinion about this, all I can say is that Shiek was never banned in Melee for being an extremely easy character to play as and extremely good, so why should MK?

And for those who say MK is easy, really haven't played him on a competitive level. I can't do **** with MK, where as switching from Jiggs (my Melee main) to Shiek was easy even without practice.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
They obviously don't understand theoretical or quantum thought. All characters are balanced, we just haven't seen the whole picture. Reverse ban.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
On the DeDeDe point, yes he does have a few bad matchups, just no terrible ones, and yes he has advantages on characters he can't chaingrab. Really, why does everyone who doesn't play him seem to think his entire game is based on downthrow?

Sliq

Smash Master
D3 is 3rd on tier list mostly because of his CG. MK ***** him because he cant get CGed. and guys, stop complaining about tornado. its called, SHIELD. :O genius right. the tornado doesnt go through shields as many people think it does. just shield it and punish. :O:O:O:O:O:O MK attempted banners phail at smash and life

10epicphails
Only works if your shield is full, and only a moron would land close enough to you with the tornado to allow you to punish them. Furthermore, two tornadoes go through a shield.

Kill yourself you noob.

Tenki

Smash Hero

10epicphails
Only works if your shield is full, and only a moron would land close enough to you with the tornado to allow you to punish them. Furthermore, two tornadoes go through a shield.

Kill yourself you noob.
Bah Sliq, where were you for this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194489

:urg:

TKD

Smash Lord
No, banning the whorenado would be incredibly stupid.

For one, that would be incredibly hard to monitor.

And two, whorenado isn't what makes him have no counters.
Wrong. Imagine fighting Yoshi, DK, Peach or King Dedede without a tornado. Hard, hard, hard.
Even Snake would get harder. Yoshi, DK and Ike would definitely be counters. Right now you can only go as Snake, Lucario, G&W or a Kong against MK, and they're a lot of characters...except MK beats them for the most part.

It's either the tornado, or Metaknight as a whole, that's why I support banning the tornado, and not the character.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Wrong. Imagine fighting Yoshi, DK, Peach or King Dedede without a tornado. Hard, hard, hard.
Even Snake would get harder. Yoshi, DK and Ike would definitely be counters. Right now you can only go as Snake, Lucario, G&W or a Kong against MK, and they're a lot of characters...except MK beats them for the most part.

It's either the tornado, or Metaknight as a whole, that's why I support banning the tornado, and not the character.
TKD, your ignorance of how Meta Knight functions as a character and how competitive Smash works is continuously astonishing.

Any match up would get more difficult if one of the good, viable attack was stripped from that characters moveset. The Tornado doesn't make the match up. Stop spewing out theory craft, it really has a disgusting aroma coming from you.

Yoshi does not have an advantage, Tornado or no Tornado. Show me some videos, give me tournament results, and then give me theorycraft. Afterwards, it might actually sense.

Ike? IKE? Are you aware of what is it you're actually stating? That's like saying if it weren't for Fox's Reflector in Melee, Ganondorf would be a counter. Do you know what a counter is? It's a 7:3 match up or greater. Ike doesn't even have 5:5.

Seriously. Get off the boards, play the game, come back and then rejoin the discussion.

Master Raven

Smash Master

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ulevo, how are Tournaments results relevant to Matchup statistics? There's an entire topic on Yoshi vs. MetaKnight somewhere here that pretty much describes the entire matchup and what each character can do against eachother. I know that videos are important, but Tournament Results?

Besides, The tornado doesn't really effect those characters at all (Maybe Diddy though, does he have an Anti-Tornado Counter?). Doesn't mean Ike will do better without it though....

D

Deleted member

People in the Italian community are convinced that the presence of metaknight ruins the metagame and overall fun of Brawl, which, according to those people, can't be played seriously as far as MK's in.
How can you play Brawl seriously at all? It's slow as sin, heavily encourages camping, has random tripping, allows all air games to be negated with air dodging, etc.

If anything, MK is the only real character in this game, since he can attack when the rest of the cast can't.

You can't take Brawl seriously anyway because it looks ridiculous too.

Nintendo:

more bloom

more bloom!

BLOOM

FREAKING BLOOM NOW ARGGGGHHHHHHH

Tell Italy to gain some testicular fortitude.

TKD

Smash Lord
TKD, your ignorance of how Meta Knight functions as a character and how competitive Smash works is continuously astonishing.
Seriously. Get off the boards, play the game, come back and then rejoin the discussion.
I'll stop posting about MK. Me and my ignorant self should just go off and keep on winning tournaments. I've tried to counter MK for awhile now, and tried to find a hard matchup. Not even Snake played by DSF seems hard to me.

There are no hard matchups for MK. And few even ones: himself and Snake. Maybe Yoshi and the kongs (which I'm unsure of). But there's not even a light counter. Tournaments will always be much easier for the ones that main MK.

I just posted about a possible solution. If you find it that disgusting, either the MK ban is acceptable, or Brawl should keep on the way it is (which isn't very good).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

This post is one of the reason, I feel that your Match up discussion is crap.

Sure, a character without a certain move is worse.

OF COURSE. If you took a characters utility move from them, of course they would be worse.

Plus, the nado isn't that hard to punish. I can punish it with Yoshi(and Mac is right, MK is not a bad match up for Yoshi), Diddy, DK, D3, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and ROB really easily. I am actually happier when I see a nado, because it means, I get to get through it. If your still complaining about the nado, just stop, and grow up, and realize. ITS FREAKING PUNISHABLE. It is really punishable. DSF punished me tons of times for trying to shield pressure with nados, and even to try to use it as an attack.

Ike would be counter? Are you retarted? Sure he nado helps, but it doesn't turn the match up into a one sided free win. I have beaten Ikes(good ones.) with out nado. Nair, destroys Ike, not the tornado.

Samuelson

Smash Lord

Any match up would get more difficult if one of the good, viable attack was stripped from that characters moveset. The Tornado doesn't make the match up. Stop spewing out theory craft, it really has a disgusting aroma coming from you.

Yoshi does not have an advantage, Tornado or no Tornado. Show me some videos, give me tournament results, and then give me theorycraft. Afterwards, it might actually sense.

Ike? IKE? Are you aware of what is it you're actually stating? That's like saying if it weren't for Fox's Reflector in Melee, Ganondorf would be a counter. Do you know what a counter is? It's a 7:3 match up or greater. Ike doesn't even have 5:5.

Every tourny ive gone to TKD has gotten first or second. I lawled when you said he actually needs to get out and play the game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'll stop posting about MK. Me and my ignorant self should just go off and keep on winning tournaments. I've tried to counter MK for awhile now, and tried to find a hard matchup. Not even Snake played by DSF seems hard to me.

There are no hard matchups for MK. And few even ones: himself and Snake. Maybe Yoshi and the kongs (which I'm unsure of). But there's not even a light counter. Tournaments will always be much easier for the ones that main MK.

I just posted about a possible solution. If you find it that disgusting, either the MK ban is acceptable, or Brawl should keep on the way it is (which isn't very good).
Don't talk melee when you don't know what your talking about.

DSF, countepicks Metas with Snake. I've talked to him, and he agrees, that it s a 55-45 MU in Snakes favor. He is just like, I can camp out MK's easily. Except M2k, Nobody can campout M2k. Its not possible.

TKD

Smash Lord
Ike would be counter? Are you retarted? Sure he nado helps, but it doesn't turn the match up into a one sided free win. I have beaten Ikes(good ones.) with out nado. Nair, destroys Ike, not the tornado.
You must be unaware of how good his spotdodge is. Tornado>spotdodge, tornado>jabs. He can spotdodge anything else, and while it sounds ********, it works. His answers to the nado are a bit slow, so they have to be performed early, which there's no time for if you start the nado from a bit closer.

I'm pretty sure nair's spotdodgeable too, and duh, of course his fair outranges it. Ike's spotdodge works better than R.O.B.'s, at least against this character.

About the Snake thing, I go even against him...he has to ditto me, sir...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nair, majority the time, will hit, even with a spot dodge. I know how Ike plays, I know all of his jab shenanigans, and his dodge shenanigans.
From there it is fair, to another nair to death. Majority of the time. You just have to predict their dodges.

TKD

Smash Lord
I have to disagree on the "MK would still be god tier even without a tornado" thing. How could it not make a difference. Even if the characters I said would get better against him don't, some would get better anyway.

TKD

Smash Lord
Some players are hard to gimp though. Olimar is more of a gimp city, even though you can dsmash and shuttle loop through Ike's eather (dsmashing it is harder but possible). His quickdraw works very good, his problem comes if he gets forced to eather.

You can also dair before he gets to eather but again, he would have to be forced to eather first.

EDIT: Sorry for posting off topic

I want to know where this Italy thing goes. I'm guessing it's gonna be about Snake players being counterd by D3 or something. I guess I'm a pessimist haha

D

Deleted member

sinz you have no idea what you're talking about. cease this farce of an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom