• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
^ yeah. jiggs beats marth and beats sheik worse imo. mario matchup seems about even and probably in jiggs's favour...and i also don't care about it =P

Merkuri

Smash Lord
hungrybox would disagree with that jiggz vs sheik stat. he would say something like 80-20 puffs favor. he never loses it haha
Amsah as well, he says it's Sheik's worst match up and I agree with him.

MDU

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Sheik Puff is a terrible matchup for the Sheik player cos rest can't properly be punished at low percents and Sheik is really easy to rest. Lot's of Sheik's stuff is useless to a crouching puff and her other good attributes such as auto combos and edgeguarding are nullified by Jiggs weirdness. If Sheik's aerial doesn't hit, then she can be punished due to how her hitboxes extend. Puff, on the other hand can just Bair away with little risk.

Sheik has to play very safe as rest is ridiculous in this matchup which results in Sheik not being able to do what she wans. Oh, and Puff edgeguarding on Sheik is no joke. Sheik has such a telegraphed recovery that if she cannot sweetspot, its a rest and a kill. And once again, if Puff is at low percent, her punishment is around 20% damage. Just watch Hungrybox versus some random Sheik where he is really rest happy and doesn't really care if he misses. This is because Sheik cannot do the whole laser upsmash at 40 thing and Sheik's large size means it is low risk - very high reward at a low percent.

Puff Marth is debatable, as there are currently no Marth players who are of near skill level to the best Jiggs players or they like to switch to a secondary. I can see arguments for both sides, but I don't know the exact ratio.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Falco(50) vs Fox(50)
Falco(45) vs Jigglypuff(55)
Falco(45) vs Marth(55)
Falco(45) vs Sheik(55)
Fox(60) vs Jigglypuff(40)
Fox(50) vs Marth(50)
Fox(60) vs Sheik(40)
Jigglypuff(40) vs Marth(60)
Jigglypuff(40) vs Sheik(60)
Marth(45) vs Sheik(60)
This is a great list, but i don't think Jiggs sheik is that bad, at most its even.

And good **** beating king, you clearly knew the matchup!

Tamoo

Smash Master
^ yeah. jiggs beats marth and beats sheik worse imo. mario matchup seems about even and probably in jiggs's favour...and i also don't care about it =P
yeah agree with this, although i seriously think jiggs absolutely beasts mario, i cant see mario's potential options whatsoever. I'd go as far as to say maybe 70-30

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm going to be updating things more delicately, unless a match-up is totally unanimous. I'm just listing what we have for now, but not with intent to update these quite yet.

Falco 52:48ish Fox (lots of 55:45 and 50:50)
Fox 55:45 Jigglypuff (Fox advantage, but by how much?)
Jigglypuff 55:45 Falco (a few 50:50s as well)
Jigglypuff 55:45 Sheik (though there's a spread around that)
Marth 52:48ish Falco (lots of 55:45 and 50:50)
Sheik 57:43ish Marth (how big of an advantage?)

Falco/Sheik, somewhere between 55-45 either side
Jigglypuff/Marth, ranging from 60-40 to 40-60 -_-

This'll be fun. =D

idea

Smash Master
yeah agree with this, although i seriously think jiggs absolutely beasts mario, i cant see mario's potential options whatsoever. I'd go as far as to say maybe 70-30
lol could be. i'm probably not being campy enough. not that i get to play marios very often.

I'm going to be updating things more delicately, unless a match-up is totally unanimous. I'm just listing what we have for now, but not with intent to update these quite yet.

This'll be fun. =D
haha yay, interesting matchups again.

fox-jiggs could be anywhere from like 55-45 to 65-35 in fox's favour. imo it's more like 55-45, maybe 60-40. jiggs has rest, but fox has no reason to get grabbed four times <_< also he just has speed over her. and upthrow upair. and jab upsmash sometimes. but then jiggs has edgeguarding and rest combos and such. anyway, when you mash everything together i think fox has a significant advantage. for clarity's sake i'll go with 55-45. it feels worse for jiggs but i can't ignore how well good jigglypuffs have been doing against good foxes lately. in any case, i consider this her worst matchup.

jiggs beats sheik, probably 60-40. she just kind of shuts down sheik as a character. and takes away her grab. that's kind of bull**** :laugh: not to mention she's really easy to rest. the only reason it's not worse is that sheik is an overall good character, and has some good aerials which are importantly faster than jiggs'. also needles. and she can kill jiggs at somewhat reasonable percentages, as long as it's not dreamland. these things do not overpower jiggs' ability to crouch under everything and edgeguard sheik pretty easily.

falco-jiggs feels like 50-50. falco can like...actually combo her. sometimes. and those lasers get in the way. 55-45 would be reasonable too. jiggs ***** his recovery, but so does everyone else, so that's not a big deal here.

jiggs definitely beats marth. i would say 55-45 in jiggs' favour. throw to tipper fsmash shouldn't work very often, and neither should marth's grab, in the first place. jiggs can edgeguard marth pretty well. basically marth has range and jigglypuff has some effective gimmicks. and range. lolol

and as for the ones i don't actually know anything about <_<

falco-marth = 50-50 or 55-45 for marth
falco-sheik = 55-45 for falco
sheik-marth = 60-40 or 65-35 for sheik

Charlesz

Smash Champion

This'll be fun. =D
Agree very much with this. But I still think fox 60 : 40 jiggs =].

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
why does kirby have a -1 on peach?

we have been thinking about it and we're just curious as to what kirby has on her.
kirby has **** up smash n' **** but what else.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

This'll be fun. =D
using numbers is fine, but using increments smaller than five is a bad idea. Calling a matchup "52:48" with any sort of confidence is entering the territory of the ridiculous. Averaging a lot of people's opinions is not how this should be done anyway. This isn't the MBR.

Even if averaging were the way to go, a Median would be better than a Mean.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Jiggs > Sheik

Sheik's only top tier because of her ability to gimp / chain grab everyone. (Obviously other reasons but these are the reasons she's considered top 3 by some) When you take away those, she just isn't as amazing. Plus, her recovery? Watch Amsah vs Hungrybox, haha. I mean, Sheik's can just run around and needle but it won't work against a semi-smart Jiggs. You need to space bairs and if you aren't (even if you are, get @ being smart) your done. Go for a grab, chances are you just lost a stock. Sheik can't punish NEARLY as hard as Jiggs in this matchup.

Unless everything I said in this post is completely wrong, if so I'm definitely fine with getting educated (:

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
top level jiggs players don't lose to any level falco players

that's both mango and box, and darc is pretty **** close

falco = fox
falco < jiggs
falco = marth
falco =/> sheik? (this one's a little tough, didn't amsah say the matchup was equal?)
falco < peach
falco >/>> falcon and ganon
falco = ICs

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP just beast Hbox like a month ago where have u been

falco is at worst = with peach, but i think its > for falco

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
and hbox usually beats him like every time, and hasn't hbox beat him again since then?

yeah i should've put </= for falco vs peach, but once again if you guys are going at this top level stuff, neither mango, nor shiz's falcos could win a set against armada

idea

Smash Master
yes, and hbox places better at everything, so maybe it's approximately an even matchup.

also, shiz would never play that matchup correctly (and still has almost beaten hbox before, afaik), and i don't think mango has ever gone falco against good puffs.

i could see it being slightly in jiggs' favour, but there's reason enough to call it even.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Hungrybox had a close set with PP at CEO. Hungrybox won their first set but PP wasn't feeling it for the rest of the tournament so he forfeited. Their first set was really close and could have gone either way. I personally think that Falco/Jiggs is close to even, maybe a small advantage to Jiggs, it's just that it's a match up that's played differently from the usual matchups that most Falcos are used to.

As far as Falco/Peach goes I think it's pretty even. From what I've seen and experienced, Peach has a great way to get around Falco's lasers with her float but Falco's uptilt helps stop her from coming down down safely. As long as Falco avoids getting grabbed too much Peach doesn't pose much of a problem. As far as Armada vs Shiz/Mango goes I think that's more an example of Armada being amazing than really showing how the match works.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I think Falco is at least even if not better with Jiggs. Dr. PP has shown us how to play that matchup and I think tourney results will start reflecting that eventually. Also didn't mango say Falco > Jiggs a while ago?

I think Falco Fox is 50:50. The matchup has swung back and forth too much through history to really call it definitively. I think right now, excepting mango (since we can asssume he wins because he's better, not because the matchup, because he is better than everyone) I think the matchup goes pretty evenly at the top levels. lucky does very well against falcos, jman has slightly more trouble with them, but at the same time zhu and PP do extremely well against foxes.

I'd really love to see a round robin with like, m2k, jman, lucky, zhu, pp, and shiz to maybe get a handle on how the matchup goes.

Fox Jiggs is at least 55:45 and i would argue 60:40. Fox has every advantage over jiggs. Fox players only lose if they get outspaced or miss DI, so assuming fox and jiggs are both very high level, the fox should win.

Note: Saying "it depends on the fox's style" is a meaningless argument. If that's true, and there's one fox style where it's 50:50 and one where it's 60:40, the players using the former style are simply playing the matchup incorrectly and need to adjust themselves. The matchup chart should not take into account players failing to play the matchup correctly, and, in fact, says it doesn't.

I think Falco and Fox both have an advantage on sheik. Probably falco 55:45 shiek and fox 60:40 sheik.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I disagree with the style part. you only accounted for 1 side. falco and fox both have styles. depending on the falco's style he will do differently against different style foxes. not fox in general, if that was the case then they are playing it wrong.

when it really comes down to style and stage then its usually a pretty even MU.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
and hbox usually beats him like every time, and hasn't hbox beat him again since then?

yeah i should've put </= for falco vs peach, but once again if you guys are going at this top level stuff, neither mango, nor shiz's falcos could win a set against armada
meh, i dont like this "one player = sample size"

Im not entirely conviced that mango/shiz not beating Armada, means that falco cant beat Peach. (fyi, mango's falco went 2-2 with armada IIRC at genesis. food for thought)

but this counts for across the board. i also dont like that we take hug's opinion exclusively for samus matchups but watever.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
i also dont like that we take hug's opinion exclusively for samus matchups but watever.
Thats what I'm saying. I say something about Samus and its automatically bullsh*t just because HugS says something. Samus has been one of my mains for years. I have alot to say about almost every matchup in the game since I've been playing from the beginning and my vast, overall knowledge of the game. But its whatever though.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Hey DJ, since you and Chops have been playing with each other for a while now how do you see the Samus/Falco matchup? I know Hugs says that Samus has the advantage but I just don't see it. I'd love to see the match up from a different player's perspective.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Hey DJ, since you and Chops have been playing with each other for a while now how do you see the Samus/Falco matchup? I know Hugs says that Samus has the advantage but I just don't see it. I'd love to see the match up from a different player's perspective.
I wrote a long post on my opinion of the matchup and smashboards gayed the sh*t outta me. I'm not gonna write it again. Chops and I barely play each other even though we live together lol. Whenever we've done the Falco vs. Samus matchup, we go even. In my opinion, Falco has a slight advantage or its even. I ain't saying HugS is wrong either. We both have different playstyles, live on different coasts who have different playstyles, and different ways on how to fight Samus.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
not saying I agree completely, but since he has the most success and plays the least like the other samus players-you could argue they are doing it wrong.

Where your omega djs at cuz I know thats gone hurt yo heart lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom