• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well after he 3 stocked me on battlefield

I WAS LIKE OH

ITS LIKE THAT

then tryed a litte bit harder

^_^

Armada

Smash Lord
Mango: Really fun :p

But even if we don´t recorded the first matches we played (first day) so was our friendlis there much better =).

And i have always say 70-30 to fox in ntsc and you (even if your win or lost a match) prove me even more with your insane technical skills/spacing.

Next time i will have a rematch in tournament =).

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Anyway, thanks to the pros for adding input.

Falcon > Peach
Jigglypuff > Peach

Fox >> Peach?
Peach > Doc? (just would like a few extra opinions on this)

Anything else?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
idk HMW almost beat armada lolol HMW<3
That doesn't mean ish.
Ganon doesn't suddenly break even with Falco whenever Linguini wins a set against DaShizWiz.
Not even when Kage beats Mango's Falco.
HomeMadeWaffles almost beating Armada doesn't change the fact that Peach has the advantages in the matchup.

Peach > Doc? (just would like a few extra opinions on this)
Well let's see, Peach has one of those amazing recoveries that makes it nearly impossible for her to be gimped by anything in Doc's moveset. She has great shield pressure on Doc. because the float-canceled aerials are very effective. Most of her aerials eat through pills. Peach's crouch-cancel game is so good.

Peach doesn't have a crazy advantage like Sheik or anything vs. Doc only because her mobility ain't all that. But if the matchup is played at it's full pontential, Peach just has to somewhat work for the hits on Doc. But Doc has to work a bit harder, because he is going up against someone with bigger and better priority in her attacks. Plus Doc's recovery gets ***** by Peach pretty badly in this matchup too.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Peach should be +1 against Zelda imo. Toe "spam" can be pretty gay.

I also think Peach should be +1 vs Samus.

All of the other low tiers are fine.
Peach-Falco 50-50
Peach-Fox 30-70
Peach- Shiek 40-60
Peach-Marth 40-60
Peach-IC 75-25
Peach- Puff 45-55
Peach-CF 35-65
Peach- Ganon 55-45
Peach- DK 60-40
Surprising perfect imo.

Lol @ having DK listed. Makes me feel warm inside.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Peach should be +1 against Zelda imo. Toe "spam" can be pretty gay.
Though I agree it can be annoying, Peach's shield ALONE is +1 vs Zelda. Then you factor in all of the rest of her moves and you get +2.
I've played on both sides of this match-up and I have to say Peach is at a notable advantage, not a slight advantage.

Haha, m2 is also + 1. Peach ****ing sucks
(joke understood, however) I don't think Peach so much "****ing sucks" as she is just barely advantaged and barely disadvantaged against most of the cast. She's not like Marth of Sheik who simply DEMOLISH a large portion of the cast. Regardless, it's funny how far doing OK against most of the cast can get you

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Someone said before that it should be Peach > Zelda and I really agree. Overall Peach has better attacks, but she can't exploit any of Zelda's weakness. She can't Shield pressure Zelda, she can't camp Zelda and seing and given Zelda's amazing recovery she has no way reliable method of killing Zelda either. On the other Fair and Bair spamming is very effective against a character like Peach who lacks mobility, imo actually easier for Zelda to kill Peach than the other way around. It should be Peach > Zelda simply because if they keep trading hits Peach will come out on top due to her better move set.

Animal

Smash Lord
just ask hax/scar about the sheik matchup. They'll tell you its not that bad at all. I believe he put it this way, they both cant approach but falcon is better at baiting, hes faster, and can combo better lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Though I agree it can be annoying, Peach's shield ALONE is +1 vs Zelda. Then you factor in all of the rest of her moves and you get +2.
What does Peach's shield do?
She can't punish toes with anything oos cept turnips on occasion lol
All of her other moves are outspaced.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
What does Peach's shield do?
She can't punish toes with anything oos cept turnips on occasion lol
All of her other moves are outspaced.
Yeah the sweetspot of Zelda's bairs and fairs are at the tip, so they'll never attack her shield while being in range of any of Peach's out of shield options.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
In NTSC it is sheik > peach

amsahs bias and minimal NTSC tourny experience shouldn't alter anything we've known for years

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Peach > Doc
Falcon > Peach
Jigglypuff > Peach

Peach > Zelda?
Fox >> Peach?

Can a Peach or Fox go in-depth over that match-up? Also Zelda mains?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'd argue peach Zelda even. But just peach > zelda is fine I guess.

Floaties in general have a hard time dealing with toe spam, they're not fast enough to get inside the range

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I agree with ManaLord, it's just that I know that no one will except a low tier being even with anything that's top/high tier haha

unknown522

Some guy
I lol'd. Seriously, I have a Canadian passport, isn't that good enough? Srsly. Though I don't think I could be a broomer during school year.

Haha yeah, I was talking about a drink that was Orange Peach Mango. I luld.
Come on the 15th, Unknown.

I think that you guys need to consider what you mean by advantages. Are you speaking on the levels of perfection? As in, the "ideal" match-up? How, if all was played perfectly, the match would work itself out? This needs to be distinguished from match-ups as played by us at the top level. This would be more of a practical thing-- and we could ask higher-level players their opinions, and tabulate their performance.

The same is true of the tier-list, really, and I'm not sure if the distinction has been made.
just saw this post.

john!

Smash Hero
at the highest level (where you get foxes who can camp, drillshine, not get grabbed or triple dsmashed, etc.) it's her worst matchup. armada seems to think it's >> as well...

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Updated:

Falcon > Peach
Jigglypuff > Peach
Peach > Doc

Match-ups in brackets are leftover from previous discussion. Also feel free to continue with Peach/Fox.

Ganondorf >>> Kirby (Ganondorf >> Kirby)
Ganondorf >>> Pichu
Ganondorf >> Bowser
Ganondorf >> Link (Ganondorf > Link)
Ganondorf >> Luigi
Ganondorf >> Mewtwo
Ganondorf >> Mr.G&W
Ganondorf >> Ness
Ganondorf >> Roy (Ganondorf >>> Roy)
Ganondorf >> Yoshi
Ganondorf >> Young Link
Ganondorf >> Zelda
Ganondorf > DK