• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Renth

Smash Hero
In times like these, sit and reflect for those who knew him may his memories have touched you hearts. I never met him but it touches me all the same, I talked to him on aim frequently.

May his memory, good times and experiences be remebered and honored. Everyone should please if you would with me take a moment of your time to remeber. Life is fragile and easily taken away may god bless us all and keep us safe.

Amen.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm looking at NES n00b's youtube channel and he favored s#!+ loads of fighting games . . . we would have been such great friends! Also, I can't believe he went to Genesis and I didn't get to meet him! That really f***en sux!

Lastly, can someone help me go through the Genesis album below and point out picks that have NES noob! I'm hoping there is at least one I took!

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/spiralflame88/Genesis/?start=all

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That combo vid doesn't show how amazing he really was at the game.

And no smash vid could show you how amazing he was as a person.

<3

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I also made that Raptor avatar for him... just seeing it now with those words under it makes me tear up even more... The whole thing's just not fair....

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
Im so sorry to hear he passed away. Best regards to his close family and friends. He will be missed
Rest in peace
<3phil

Lovage

Smash Hero
this came out of no where and is really getting me down

i met NES for the first time at genesis. a great player, a legit a$$ person, life is random and unfair
we also planned to team at pound 4, RIP nes

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
never met the guy.
watched the interview and read the articles.
read every post in this thread.

it sucks to have someone go.
it really does.

RIP NES n00b~

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I saw him on livesteam on tipped off 5 and watched him play...just its really sad seeing that happen to someone that plays games like that.

Avery

Smash Cadet
Ryan came to new orleans last year around Christmas to play me. I had met him once before this, but last december was when I truly got to know him. As anyone who knows him would be able to say, ryan was an unbelievably awesome guy. Just sitting down with him for a day made me realize how easy going and nice he was, he drove to new orleans simply because I asked him to in the first place. The jokes he made as we played were hilarious, and he taught me how to moonwalk. We talked recently and he was planning to head back down after Christmas again. I cant even begin to describe how unfortunate this is. Im aware some of you were much closer to him than I, so I can only imagine your pain. So my best intentions and wishes go out to everyone who was graced by this amazing human being, and especially his family. Im sure we can all agree life took him way too ****ing soon.

Rest In Peace Ryan you will be dearly missed.

Sariku

Smash Master
And I just now saw the pictures of the cars in the wreck. My heart is torn in two again. I'm going to shower, then sleep; that's all I can think will help right now.

This community, as many have said, is absolutely amazing. I love all of you because your respect and admiration for each other, even if you may not know the person. I wouldn't want to be in any other place but here.

And also... he was the only person who would Pichu ditto with me for hours. No one can ever again fill that void he left D:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ole Miss. :<

nes noob obviously getting off.

HOLY ****. My friend Carl is in the background...I should probably tell him about the news...

cykofox

Smash Ace
oh man...words can't describe how i feel..i never saw this guy without a smile....i still remember at genesis when he was on the projector and was doing standard falcon combo **** on jman good ****...
this is ****ing terrible

oh my ****in god
that video made me cry...
ill stop jumping into falcons uair, ryan

rest in peace brother

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Although I didn't know him I felt saddened as soon as I heard his passings...

My condolences go to his family and close friends.

R.I.P. nes nOOb .
---------
Appreciation for one another is strengthened by this; be careful out there.

-I will never leave this community.

M@v

Subarashii!
I never met you, but R.I.P n00b. Its a freaking shame crap like this happens, its heart-breaking.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Finally, as I never met him, I'd like to propose one thing:
The Smash community in general give their condolences to his family. However, lets go above and beyond, and show that we can do more than just push buttons. Is his family going to establish a scholarship fund in his name? If so, I'd definitely recommend taking a collection at Pound and other large tournaments. Not only that, but how about a tourney in his name from those that know him? Part of the benefits go to his family/the aforementioned scholarship fund.
I agree with prog, you guys should do this at Pound 4. Help his family out/stuff. RIP nes n00b. sigh.....=(

-Ran

Smash Master
It's a sad time when someone of our community has to leave us. The fragility of our mortal lives is never more so clean when viewed in the demoralizing light of a recent death. I hope that someone will pass this thread on to the family members so that they can see how loved and respected their son was, even though we knew him only as a fellow Smash player. I had the chance to meet him, if only briefly during LAST 2 way back 11/22 of last year. He was there for Melee, and I don't think that I even had a chance to say hello, but to know that someone that was in the community is gone, is a terrible thing.

I hope that his close friends, family, and smash community can rebound from his loss quickly.

Top Bottom