• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm trying to internet to dull the pain.
It's not working.
Ryan was one of my best friends and favorite people to do anything with, most of all smash. He drove up every weekend he could to play with everyone in the Memphis area, went to a billion tournaments with us, and went from n00b to ****ING AMAZING in such a short time, and now he's just gone. I just.... I don't even know what to say here.
Ryan, wherever you are, I love you man. Come back please.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
This sucks why do good people have such bad deaths. He was the only Falcon that was on par with me using B-Moves just like I do. R.I.P. Ryan may you knee yourself into heaven.

I'll Falcon Punch Every time I tech chase just for you Nes Noob.

Slashtap

Smash Cadet
He knocked me out of the winners bracket of the largest tournament I ever attended...with Link. He then proceeded to knock out the best Marth in the state...with Link.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
at pound 4, everyone should give a moment of silence and pause every match. and plank should tell everyone to on the loud speaker.

sticky this.

and never unsticky it, so he is never forgoten...
If you know him he will never be forgotten. I love you Ryan and will miss you so much.

황미영

Smash Champion
I never met him..but rest in peace, nonetheless.

Tragic event.

Rip KC too.
Wat?! You didn't know?! That was like four years ago... :/ (I can't do math)

And ironic how I'm using the same avatar as KishCubed, and have a similar beginning to our names. >w>;

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm mad I never got the chance to say hi and play the guy. I never would have thought something like this would happen.

Rest in peace man and my condolences to his family and friends.

BEHR

Smash Hero
South are Taking Crews for him at Pound 4.

):

RIP.

Hax

Smash Champion
NES n00b

you were an unbelievable up-and-coming falcon. you were giving me serious trouble in our friendlies, and I among others saw major potential in you as a player. but more importantly, you were an amazingly chill and funny guy who I'm honored to have spent my Genesis weekend with. this being the first (and hopefully last) death of a close friend of mine, I now realize how valuable, short and unfair life really is. god bless, and may you rest in peace.

-Aziz Al-Yami / Hax

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well i never had met Nes Noob

heard much about him tho for sure

makes me feel bad to hear

RIP Nes Noob

and condolences to his family as well

we should have moment of silence for nes noob at pound 4

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
He's in heaven now, guys. Until we see him there that faithful day...

He was the first and ONLY guy I've seen land 5 consecutive knees on my friend, B-Down. He's the best friend you can ever meet. Hands down...

Much love to ya, Ryan Roberts. Much love to ya...I'll see him again one day.

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm STILL in disbelief over this whole bs... Ryan, wherever you are, may you RIP, and always know that you were my friend... I can't think of a nicer person that this could have happened to. ****...

Pi

Smash Hero
wtf..
i was waiting for the "jk" but it didn't come :(((
pretty sure if this was an intentional joke = insta ban...

it's tough being reminded of the dangers in this world
especially when it hits so close to home
i never had the fortune to meet nes noob, but i never once heard a negative word about him
i wish that i had got to know him cause whenever i meet someone that i really think is juss a genuinely good person i feel like my life has been enriched simply by taking part in theirs

see you later, n00b

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I don't even know what to say to this.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Wish I met Nes Noob at least once! However, if there is one thing I'll remember from him it's gonna be his r@pe a$$ avatar! Always remembered it when I first saw it! Really wish I met this person!

RIP

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, this is sad news to hear.
I've never met him or spoke to him, but I remember him posting on SWF.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I can't imagine what it's like for his mother right now. Losing her husband and now her son...so rough =/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'll never get to tell him how much i loved him.

Hope you're staring them down in Heaven, Raptor.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I never met the guy, but he seemed like a good individual. Unfortunately, I won't be able to judge him as a person, as all we are left with are fond memories and aching hearts.

If anything, two things everyone should take from this:
1. Take the time to enjoy life, family, and friends. He left the fortunate ones with great memories. He left this world to visit his family for Thanksgiving. Please, remember that tomorrow is never guaranteed, and to let those you care about know. You may never have the opportunity to let them know, and they have the same burden.
2. People are defined by the lives that they change. While we are a community, complete with rivalries, and perhaps even some actual hatred, remember that everyone is a part of you.

Finally, as I never met him, I'd like to propose one thing:
The Smash community in general give their condolences to his family. However, lets go above and beyond, and show that we can do more than just push buttons. Is his family going to establish a scholarship fund in his name? If so, I'd definitely recommend taking a collection at Pound and other large tournaments. Not only that, but how about a tourney in his name from those that know him? Part of the benefits go to his family/the aforementioned scholarship fund.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Even while reading through these heart-felt posts I was hoping for a "jk". No matter how terrible of a joke it would be I didn't want this to be true. It makes me sad to see anyone in the smash community pass away.

RIP Nes Noob, I may have never met you but I'm sure you were a great person and it's horrible to know you're gone.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Oh my God, this just made me feel depressed and I don't know him.

Rest in Peace man.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I don't even know what to say...

RIP Ryan "NES n00b" Roberts

My condolences to DML, who undoubtedly miss him most.

Top Bottom