• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My bad. I had no idea this guy was dead until I saw something about him in a signature and it had a link to this thread. I really wish I could have met him. He sounds so cool.
Beyond him being extremely good at smash he was truly a unique and exception person.

You did miss out man.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Dear Ryan,

There's been some things going on lately and several stories surrounding you have been brought up and discussed. The memories that still bring a smile to my face everytime they're told are a testament to your legacy all these years later. Just thought I'd let you know that we all still miss you very much. It was truly an honor meeting you and seeing you at the biweeklies. Lost but never forgotten.

Your forever loving family,

"The INN crew"

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Dear Ryan,

There's been some things going on lately and several stories surrounding you have been brought up and discussed. The memories that still bring a smile to my face everytime they're told are a testament to your legacy all these years later. Just thought I'd let you know that we all still miss you very much. It was truly an honor meeting you and seeing you at the biweeklies. Lost but never forgotten.

Your forever loving family,

"The INN crew"
Respect, man.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i probably posted this already, but i'll post it again

i was in louisiana back in december 08 to visit old friends, family, and for my cousin's wedding

and on one of my free days, ryan drove 2-3 hours from mississippi to louisiana just to play with me

the dude had heart

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
i probably posted this already, but i'll post it again

i was in louisiana back in december 08 to visit old friends, family, and for my cousin's wedding

and on one of my free days, ryan drove 2-3 hours from mississippi to louisiana just to play with me

the dude had heart
Wow, that kid had a huge heart. The things he did just to keep his friends in a nice mood.... that's unbelievable.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I apologize for bumping, but I didn't realize Ryan had died until rather recently. I moved to Oregon in summer 2009. The last I had seen Ryan was that May, and we fell out of touch after that. I also stopped playing Smash for a while so I hadn't been to Smashboards in ages. I didn't realize he had died until I was searching youtube for my account name (which I had forgotten) by searching "NES n00b" since I had matches with him on my channel. I was shocked to see a video called "Always remember NES n00b" as the first result. It was hard to believe he died just a few months after I moved.

Ryan was one of my best (and only) friends when I lived in Mississippi from 2007 - 2009. He lived 2 hours away from me but he would drive to my place or I would drive to his every few weeks and play Melee. We also went to several tournaments together. I remember one time after a tournament, we got lost in Alabama around 3 AM, when it was snowing. Earlier that night we had gotten stuck in a hole in a parking lot and a local redneck pulled the car out of the ditch with chains. Despite the craziness of the situation, Ryan was in good humor the whole time, and it was actually fun. He was always like that. I have a pretty gloomy personality, but when I was around Ryan life just seemed more...enjoyable. It's so absurdly unfair someone like Ryan would die, at what, 22? And his dad had died just a year or so earlier. So unfair, so random... :(

100 proof%

Smash Rookie
Maybe i'm a horrible person but fair isn't fair man. If things were fair we'd all feel the same pain as each other, from losing a good friend to a life. Don't try to look for fair man, You won't find it. *hug* (If You are that type)

Just the best You can do is reliaze knowing him was a better thing than it is for thoses who didn't. Make the best of everything.

Wish the best for all.

:phone:

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Yeah I smashed with him like the day before he passed away , he made all of us Memphis smashers main falcon for a long time, we even had a falcon chaos day playing only falcon to show our respects to him even still to this day we have falcon chaos(Four people playing falcons teams or melees) kneerasing each other back to back for hours.
RIP Ryan

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Everytime this thread is bumped, it makes me respect how life can change and end in an instant. A group of 5 are traveling for a tournament OoS in a few hours, this stuff makes you think.

RIP NESN00b

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Hey Ryan brought you up this past week! Its really funny when I tell people how I came to start maining sheik and how you are like solely responsible for it haha. Man I miss you man if we could team now it be so cool because i don't suck like how i did in 2008 :(. Paying respect bro R.I.P. Miss you bro

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I play red falcon in Nes Noob's honor and have played him quite a bit recently. I certainly did not forget how awesome this guy was and I hope I can bring his inspiration to me back to the world.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Never knew noob, but I can say this:

He is never gone. Just thinking about him is all you need to do. His spirit is never gone, all it takes is a thought. He's probably observing us right now just saying.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
I remember reading this thread when it first came up, and it broke my heart. I read through it today, and it breaks my heart.

I didn't know NES n00b, but my thoughts go to him and all the other smashers who have passed before their time. Life is fleeting. I can only hope that when it's over I'll meet up with everyone again and we'll kneerase each other across the sky.

Top Bottom