• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
As other South Mississippi families prepared to sit down for a Thanksgiving dinner Thursday, Roberts spent time showing off her beloved son’s mementoes, including his Ole Miss bedding in his room, and his beloved Beatles figurines as well as a framed piece of Beatles art that her son had picked up during a trip to London with the Pascagoula High School band in recent years.

Only makes me feel worse.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
we should host a tournament in his name where all the winnings go out to his family to assist with funeral costs, etc. burial costs? I don't know what goes into this money wise. :|

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
the fact that he was driving up to spend the thanksgiving weekend with his mom is what kills me...

what kind of idiot drives the wrong direction in a one-way. ****.

Alukard

Smash Hero
RIP NES n00b !!! DEFNIITELY HAD FUN AT GENESIS IN THOSE FRIENDLIES BRO!!

**** THIS MAKES ME SO SAD -_____-

I TOO VOTE FOR THE POUND 4 MOMENT OF SILENCE

Winnar

Smash Lord
we should host a tournament in his name where all the winnings go out to his family to assist with funeral costs, etc.
I would go to this. I would drop EVERYTHING to go to this.

We also need a poster that everyone can sign for those that can't deliver the money personally.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Finally, as I never met him, I'd like to propose one thing:
The Smash community in general give their condolences to his family. However, lets go above and beyond, and show that we can do more than just push buttons. Is his family going to establish a scholarship fund in his name? If so, I'd definitely recommend taking a collection at Pound and other large tournaments. Not only that, but how about a tourney in his name from those that know him? Part of the benefits go to his family/the aforementioned scholarship fund.
Prog and Ocean have the right idea.

I've never even met the guy, I'm in a terrible financial situation and yet I would go hungry for a few days in order to make this work for his family.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Better Yet ... Like 3$ Per Person At Pound 4 ... That Would Be A Bunch!

I'll Put 10$!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the way hes looking at lozr in that picture in the interview...

why the **** does stuff like this have to happen?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
what a tragedy. it's makes me very sad to know about this. i'll miss Nes Noob. it really makes you think about how fortunate we are to not have had this happen to us, with the amount of traveling a umber of us do. Nes Noob, we won't forget you, bud, and may you rest easy.

i'm also down for the fundraising tourney or the money sending idea.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wasn't him, he must have left logged on someone else's computer.

his facebook said the funeral was today and he died tuesday.
Ah, sorry about that.

R.I.P. NES n00b.

황미영

Smash Champion
the fact that he was driving up to spend the thanksgiving weekend with his mom is what kills me...

what kind of idiot drives the wrong direction in a one-way. ****.
I know right?

What the **** was that guy thinking? I just got mind****ed. He died in a one-way... Because of some *******... Ugh... People never cease to amaze me.

They should have played this song at his funeral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUqh0_Fim4 (Even if he didn't like Earthbound...)

Chip.

you know what to do
I used to see him post a lot back during the Melee days. That's very tragic to hear.

R.I.P. NES n00b. We'll never forget you.

-Chip

keeper

Smash Champion
I was just talking about how good he was the other day with one of my smash friends.

This sucks and is incredibly sad. I never met him, but these articles have nothing to say about him that can even be taken negative. Nothing about him "being silly and mischievous" or anything, just downright nice stuff.

:<

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I know right?

What the **** was that guy thinking? I just got mind****ed. He died in a one-way... Because of some *******... Ugh... People never cease to amaze me.

They should have played this song at his funeral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUqh0_Fim4 (Even if he didn't like Earthbound...)
i initially raged at the other driver, but tbh he was probably just lost, as drugs/alcohol were apparently not a factor.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My condolences.

I only knew the guy through the forums, and even then, I knew the guy very little. Still, life is a valuable thing and to lose it is the ultimate form of pain and tragedy. Nothing text worthy can really put into focus just how bad this is and how I feel about it, losing several people I know close to me.

Its hard to come over. I hope he finds comfort in the afterlife. And I hope his mother can live on after having such tragedies occur so soon after one another.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
RIP NES N00b. Never forget your $50 MM with Scar. Always seemed like an awesome guy.

황미영

Smash Champion
i initially raged at the other driver, but tbh he was probably just lost, as drugs/alcohol were apparently not a factor.
Yeah... But still... **** like this is avoidable... But people always make unexpected things happen. :/

Like today, my aunt almost ran into a car, but me being paranoid like always was spazzing out and letting her know she was about to hit another car.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I hope they played the falcon victory theme at his funeral, because thats probably the music he heard most.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Jesus Christ.

This is awful. N00b was the one who really got me into this community. Hell, he even gave me the controller that I play Smash with even to this day.

I can't even begin to put into words just how leaden my heart feels right now. My condolences to everyone: Family, friend, and rival...whomever. We lost not only a great player, but also a great person.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom