• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
This is just ****ing wrong.

I never knew him. Never spoke or typed or wrote a word to him.

This is still nearly bringing me to tears. I'm not a religious person, but if I had a god, I'd sure as ****ing hell want him to bless this kid's soul. Life is so cruel.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just......feel terrible. Nes N00b was an easygoing person and he didn't deserve this at all.

I don't want to watch the interview or read any more......I'm already close to crying.

D20

Smash Lord
I've been a bit sick to my stomach the last hour. Anyhow, I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep without saying a few words.

I never had the pleasure of meeting NES, but after reading all the good things you guys have said I feel like I knew him. This thread (and the others that have been appearing around the boards) proves a few things for me. One... that NES was great person bound for even greater things. Two... that the Melee community is amazing. Seriously, I can't think of any other online community (that I am a part of) that is as tight-knit, friendly, and caring as ours. We were lucky to have NES, and we are still lucky to have each other. I love you all.

~D20

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ryan was such an amazing individual.

Last time I saw him, he and the other members of DML drove almost 3 hours to Little Rock and surprised me at my birthday party/smash fest. I first spotted him sneaking up behind me, where he gave me a hug and immediately suggested we start friendlies. I played him for several hours that night...he was so awesome...both in and out of smash.

If you didn't get a chance to meet him or hang out with him, you really have missed out on an unforgettable experience.

My prayers go out not only to his family, but to his dear friends from DML. Chad, Jack, Iori, Raymond...I'm sorry for your loss. Never forget that Arkansas loved him, and will never forget him. Arkansas loves you too, and I can't wait to see you again <3

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I remember the days when we were original members of Play2Win...so many good times got shared. I'll always miss Ryan even though we never got to meet up. The guy was a beast at so many things, and he's probably beasting whatever afterlife there is right now, beating up velociraptors with his bare hands.

RIP NES Noob.

strawhats

Smash Master
Wow... I have never met Nes n00b in person, but I loved his falcon, and from what i've heard about him, he was a great(emphasis on GREAT person) to be around. We will all miss him.

P.S. Ryan when your moonwalking with falcon in heaven (say hi to Michael Jackson for me)

With Love Always. Kish Prime and Nes n00b FOR LIFE.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Every tourney from here on out deserves a moment of silence for him. I don't care what anyone says. He deserves it..

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm of the few that made a thread about this, not knowing people already posted this one. Sorry for that, but at least it was for a good cause.

I'm one of the many who knew him in real life, and he was definitely one of the most amazing people I've ever had the privileged of meeting. Only talking Smash terms, he taught me how to play the game competitively with two simple words- "Don't suck." He repeatedly nailed me down with Falcon and Link, forcing me to learn myself, which is a way of teaching that does truly work. I live about twenty minutes from his mother, so whenever he would visit her, he'd drive down to my house and we'd play for hours. He'd stay for days, even. He came to my birthday, which was the day Brawl came out, and played with us all night long at the party, even though he didn't care for the game. He even volunteered to play online for my old clan just a year ago, again, even though he hates Brawl.

He was one of the most down-to-earth-while-still-positive people in my life. I last saw him when he randomly drove down here, found out I was at my church lock-in, and then chaperoned the entire night without an overnight back or anything. All he had was a game cube controller and an extra copy of the game that brought us together.

I currently have the graduation ring he left at my house that belongs to a member of his family, John Roberts. I'm not sure if that's his father or something else, but I know I need to return this back to his mother. I'm also in full support of a donation and a tournament in his name.

I love this man. May we see him again in heaven. <3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ryan was such an amazing individual.

Last time I saw him, he and the other members of DML drove almost 3 hours to Little Rock and surprised me at my birthday party/smash fest. I first spotted him sneaking up behind me, where he gave me a hug and immediately suggested we start friendlies. I played him for several hours that night...he was so awesome...both in and out of smash.
omg thats so cute...that makes me want to cry.

**** this really sucks.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Please come back Ryan. :(

you were such an awesome guy to talk to and chill with. This is not fair

I'm still in shock at all of this:(

BEHR

Smash Hero
Ive seen the interview 3 times already

-still watching

Its really sad.....really really sad.

I feel so horrible...his family doesn't deserve this at all..especially his mother.

J-Flo

Smash Cadet
What a tragic story. No one deserves this...

R.I.P NES n00b

My condolences to those who knew him well.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I didn't know him, I knew about him and always wanted to play his Falcon. That was wrong, I should've wanted to know him as a person...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
someone who's really good at combo videos should make a tribute video to him.

strawhats

Smash Master
and maybe they can forcefully molest children together.. :(
No comment sir, im a MJ fan so that was just my little moment of reflection...but sincerely, i can honestly say the Ryan is smiling in heaven. Too much of a good guy, i love this comm.

'V'

Smash Lord
I never knew him personally, but I've met and talked with him before at the few tourneys he attended in BR and he seemed like a nice person.

RIP NES noob

AXE 09

Smash Master
WAIT WTF?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

.......is this for real.....?

...........i'm glad no one's here to see my tears right now.....

i met him at genesis.... we played a bunch of friendlies.... meeting him was one of the highlights of my whole trip......... i can't even explain how i feel right now..... i just can't find the right words...........

RIP NES n00b...... you were one of my favorite smashers....... i can't believe this. i really can't

Chip.

you know what to do
After reading everything in this thread about him, it irritates me beyond belief that he's gone and I'll never get the chance to meet and know him.

He was at Genesis.... I could've just said hello :(

Xelic

Smash Ace
You know, I only met the guy once at Genesis, but this is too much. It hurts so badly to lose someone in this community. To everyone who knew him, I am so sorry for this loss. I hope that everyone can rely on one another for support, and I hope most of all that he will never be forgotten.

Top Bottom