• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HELP! cheapest thing to do in a team tourny without team attack on?

nickyz

Smash Rookie
There is a club at my school holding a tournament for SSBB. Im pretty confident in my playing but im sure there is someone in my school who is better than me, seeing as i dont play Brawl very much. So i wondering if there is something really cheap or useful that me and my friend can use to win the tourny with team attack off.

thanks

Scott!

Smash Lord
If team attack is off, then there are tons of cheap things you can do. Just pick a couple spammy characters and camp the heck out of them. Or double up on Meta Knight. Or just about anyone. I played with my friend (with team attack on, but it would still work) with my Zelda and his Yoshi, with him lobbing eggs over my up smash and down smash wall. If I caught them in an up smash, he'd hit them with eggs as it ended so I could get them again. There's a lot of potential there. So really, just take whoever you and your partner are good with, and come up with a good strategy for it.

Denzi

Smash Master
At my school tourney (team attack off), My team ***** with double Falcos, but that may just be because we make excellent single Falcos. However, depending on how soon the tourney is, it may not be a good idea to try to learn a whole new character. Just use who you're most comfortable with.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Metaknight and anyone... tornado and down throw basically let your teammate hit them with whatever the **** they want.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but if you and your partner are playing as King DeDeDe, stand near each other and keep spitting your opponent out at each other to rack up damage. I'm not sure if your opponent can dodge this, though.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Maybe one of you play ZSS? Dsmash/Neutral B -> teammate uses his strongest smash attack. Think Ike, perhaps?

There are a lot of good ideas in this thread.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but if you and your partner are playing as King DeDeDe, stand near each other and keep spitting your opponent out at each other to rack up damage. I'm not sure if your opponent can dodge this, though.
No no double d3 downthrow. With both of them going back and forth between each other none of them can get out.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Wow that's gay lol Well there are a lot of gay things you can do. Pick MK and Snake perform the Omnigay
Pick MK and MK and Spam Tornado
Favorite you can Pick D3 and PkMn Trainer/Mario= Sliding D3 FSmassh/Swallow :)

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Omnigay won't work unless you get your opponent to pick up a grenade and get MK to grab him before it explodes. Unless of course you want to omnigay Snake.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I just want to mention that team attack doesn't affect the fact that C4 can still hurt you and any allies.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Pick Double MK and spam Tornado on each individual enemy.

Dsmash to kill.

GG, CP?

•Col•

Smash Champion
2 Falcos SHDL spam.
No.

Pit and Falco.

pew pew pew

If the other team has a reflector, Pit can just stay in front with his shield to reflect the projectile back. Pit's reflector never breaks, and it stays out for as long as you hold it, unlike Falco's.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I got slaughtered in a team attack off tournament by an MK - C. Falcon combo... no joke.

Falcon punch becomes a good move when you turn team attack off.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Double desynched Ice climbers, one spewing Ice blocks, the other alternating between Ice blocks and blizzard. Even without desynching, double-climber teams are chaos in a bottle. Another fun one is two Olimars, just keep all your sides covered with his disconnected smashes.

Seriously, with team attack off, all you have to do is be creative, sadistic, and try to create confusion in your favor, that's all FFoff matches are anyway; pure chaos.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Flashy double alternating ice climber chain grabs on the same person to 500%

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Use snake and a very heavy character, Use Snake's C-4 on your teammate and you have yourself a sucide bomber.

Delta_0

Smash Cadet
When it gets down to 2-v-1, if one of you is lolFalcon, have the other person just grab the opponent. Falcon Punch to finish.

Cheapest thing? Double laser-lock.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ness and anyone with a long lasting Dthrow. PKT2 kills all day long.

Falco works too, lasers stun and ness pkt2s while they're stunned.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Chaingrabs are already cheap. Double Chain grabs are unbearable. And your partner won't be able to do anything about it if it's two sets of Ice-Climbers.... Dual Projectile Spammers, and Lucario's Black Hole (harder to do in doubles unless 1 victim is dead already) are also really cheap.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, depends on the characters. I faced a team of Link and Oli today. As Kirby, I felt it was my duty to inhale, jump offstage, fall, starshot/FS, then recover.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Get a very aggressive Metaknight or Snake, Add some Zelda Din's fire.... and you have a magical win! ;)

Tennet

Smash Champion
Actually just unplug their controllers then proceed to beat the crap out of them.

Top Bottom