• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why is there an over 20000 queue on EuWest at 23:00

edit: Oh okay, server unavailable. Could've sworn there was a specific message for that.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just played a team ranked game where Morde's ult was atop Fizz's head from lane phase to endgame.

So confusing in team fights. Buggy clients all over. Speaking of buggy clients, Morde and I both PROPOSED a switch (I was Noct), but neither ever got the message to switch.

So I was Noct jungling with MagPen, AP, 9/21/0 + ignite/flash.
Morde was attack speed/ArPen with smite/flash in top lane.

We won.
First games in 5v5 ranked are FREE.

Speaking of free.
Also just made a team with friends called "Team Random" and our tag is "HRDLCK".
Guess what we do in queue.
We're 2-0, lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Well..... this was painful. First time seeing Hecarim used properly. My four teammates were apparently premade because they all spoke Cambodian to each other. They were also pretty bad. Why did Sona keep getting kills instead of me ;_;

I got ganked once earlyish... Hec's ult + Leblanc's dash = much more range than I anticipated, and I died. Other than that, I did fine, except I was squishy so I kept dying in teamfights.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I played an aram game after all this aram talk and got anivia. It was so easy lol.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Curious Malz build, then again I don't really experiment. I follow a MobaFire guide where it goes
DRing > Boots1 > DRing > Boots2 > Tear > Catalyst > AAS > BV > Cap > (Sell DRing) Void > (Sell DRing) [Forgot, but situational item I guess]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In general you should avoid mobafire like the plague.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Tear is super unnecessary on Malz... RoA is OK if someone can outburst you or you don't have secured blues, but usually you just grab a few rings and rush Cap.

Proper use of his visions and decent mana management + blue should keep you good on mana.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I really lol'd at boots of swiftness

AP boots are Mpen or CDR boots. You can get merc treads to survive, but those are the only 3 boots that should ever be considered on an AP mid.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In general you should avoid mobafire like the plague.
Is it really that bad?

Also, my build was like that because Hecarim has Gotta Go Fast, and he was camping mid the whole time (because I was the only solo lane)
I'm also the only one who bought wards I think :| so that hindered my gold. And yeah, bought a bunch of armor because I was a big target to that horse.
Tear is super unnecessary on Malz... RoA is OK if someone can outburst you or you don't have secured blues, but usually you just grab a few rings and rush Cap.

Proper use of his visions and decent mana management + blue should keep you good on mana.
I hate getting RoA in general, so I will probably avoid getting it. I saw Tear->Manamune in a build, but that was the AD malz build :bee:
But yeah, I'll probably get deathcap next time ASAP. I would have in this game if it weren't for constantly dying in teamfights and not getting killing blows.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I used to use guides, now i wing it.

Ap? Rush dcap

Solo top or jungler? Wriggles.. Or brutilizer

Ad carry? IE

Support? Moar wardz

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't, people don't have MR so soon and haunting guise really sets you back on your late game.

You get either boots2 (CDR or Mpen), sustain (hextech) or damage (large rod/blasting wand or 2 doran's rings) on a good first buy.

I'd say the best first buy is boots2 + 1 doran's ring (around 1300 gold)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just lost a game because our gangplank disconnected after like 30 minutes -_- we would have easily won it 5v5.

I was AD malz and it was actually going pretty well for me.
Voidlings are pretty derp sometimes. I wish you could control them with alt...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Are you level 30? Do you play solo q ranked?

If no, then you're fine with doing whatever you want :p
I am indeed Lv30.

I have played a total of 6 solo q games.

4 of which were losses, although I think I did fairly well considering my only 2 characters I'm decent with were banned in 2 of those losses. :p

What Zac said. Depends on what your goal is.
I want to get amazing at this game.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont see why everyone is hating on MobaFire. I mean, straight up building exactly what the builds there say is usually a bad idea, but skimming through the builds for characters you're learning imo helps give you ideas on how to use/build the champ, which imo is how the site should be used.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I want to get amazing at this game.
I would suggest learning 2-3 champions of each role then. Also getting really good at cs will do wonders for you. Unless you play only jungler/support or something. Don't do that by the way. I play mostly support and jungle these days, and have found I've brought myself to a level where I can't keep up in cs with my opponents in most cases. :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Learning to last hit creeps is the key to success in this game, it will literally make 1000 times better. Even if you only play jungle/support, learn to last hit minions, just dont do it when you are those roles.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I feel as though I could win three times as much if I perfected my CS game, alone. But practicing in customs is sort of boring.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just find a non Jungle/Support champ that you like and play as them a bunch of times until you get your CS game down. I mean, at some point, if you wanna get better, youre going to need a few characters for each role anyway, so you might as well start now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Game's been REALLY buggy for me lately. Otherwise, I love the new layout. It's fun to see the blue number appear above Poppy after a Q. :applejack:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I feel as though I could win three times as much if I perfected my CS game, alone. But practicing in customs is sort of boring.
practice more in real games? just queue up with lower level friends where people haven't learned how to be totally abusive and focus on last hitting
(that's what i did with all of you guys :p)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'll take your word for dropping Tear/AAS, and yeah the SoloMid feature on Malz heads towards void/cap, which sounds more a usual and promising guide. I'll just hold back on Q harassing then.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, it is listed under "other items"
As someone pointed out to me, Guardian Angel is a decent last item : your voidlings don't die while you come back to life, which means you still do damage. This can prove to be useful. Consider this item when facing a lot of physical damage dealers focusing you, and you need this little edge to get rid of them.
But yeah, I forgot about that.

btw I saw this as second result when searching AD malzahar http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=9972&c=334771320975104
why no likes/dislikes o_o
edit: lol shortest guide ever

Okuser

Smash Ace
So I lost 2 ranked games because I couldn't communicate with the team in champ select, leading to terrible and redundant picks by everyone.

Kira-

Smash Champion
janna is the best/gayest support right now sadly

she was cool as hell back when soraka/sona were the meta but now she's the easiest and safest pick in da game super lame to play her

leona/alistar 4 lyfe ty
is soraka cool yet? she's my favorite

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
People dodge when they see Soraka and Lulu on the same team.

I don't think Soraka can ever be cool. But i like to play her still :D

Top Bottom