• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
rofl, I was gonna comment about how the amazing thing about that video is there's a Karma, but I was beaten

"Weird so the bug forced your teammate to play Karma...what a sad day for that individual
Flaffleable 8 hours ago 100"

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok for interests sake, is getting Rabadon's, Rylais and Sorc Boots by the 20-25 min mark considered decent?

I usually have those around then.

I'm getting noticeably better at last hitting now that I can play at 60 fps or more.

Gone are the days of laning at 20fps and team fighting at 10!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Are you rushing those items? If so what's your average CS by 20 minutes?
Let's see rylai (3150) + rabadon (3600) + sorc boots (1100) = 7850, while my build of sorc boots(1100) + 2 drings (950) + Will(2100) + ryali (3150) = 7300. When I'm doing well on Ahri (200~ cs by 20 minutes a few kills and dragon control), I ideally see myself having 2 d-rings, rylais and wota by 20 minutes. So, if you're completing all that by 20 minutes, then you're better then me when I'm playing exceptionally well.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561/jdsokolow/Creeping.png
Here's more information on gold (with optimal CS you should make 7.1k by 20 minutes, that's not including dragon + champion kills).

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm starting to realize that I play this game much better when I have music on and I just zone out kinda like how I play competitive fighters. It's like falling into a zone where your brain only calculates what's happening within the game and blocks everything else out. Mainly when I'm jungling though. It's like.

Anyone to gank? Clear camps.
Camps cleared? Anyone to gank? Yes, gank. No, steal enemy camp.
Enemy camp already cleared? Warn top/bot for incoming gank. Countergank or invade.
Does top have a ward? No. Ward for him. Does mid have a ward? Yell at him. Does bot have a ward? No. Useless bot is useless.
Farm more and more and more.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's a conspiracy! They're trying to make the game worse!

But yeah, when I started was I think a little after Nautilus came out, and I had no problems then, but shortly after I get massive frame drops almost every game.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
It's a conspiracy! They're trying to make the game worse!

But yeah, when I started was I think a little after Nautilus came out, and I had no problems then, but shortly after I get massive frame drops almost every game.
its probably due to the fact that riot codes stuff like 3 year olds and is fails to completely bug test patches on release for performance issues

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm starting to realize that I play this game much better when I have music on and I just zone out kinda like how I play competitive fighters. It's like falling into a zone where your brain only calculates what's happening within the game and blocks everything else out. Mainly when I'm jungling though. It's like.

Anyone to gank? Clear camps.
Camps cleared? Anyone to gank? Yes, gank. No, steal enemy camp.
Enemy camp already cleared? Warn top/bot for incoming gank. Countergank or invade.
Does top have a ward? No. Ward for him. Does mid have a ward? Yell at him. Does bot have a ward? No. Useless bot is useless.
Farm more and more and more.
I've always listened to music while loling, but after reading a this TL article, I switched to just instrumental music. Dunno if it actually helps, though.

Omni

BRoomer
I listen to Bonobo station on Pandora. Plays nothing but chill/relax instrumental music.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I've always listened to music while loling, but after reading a this TL article, I switched to just instrumental music. Dunno if it actually helps, though.
I'm actually a neuroscience student, and I'm writing a term paper this semester on Music and Language. Long story short is that studies show music will often improve mood in the workplace, but has little effect on overall performance.

Longer story begins here: I suspect this is because other findings show music of any type can also be largely distracting. As for the TL article, they didn't actually cite any sources for much of anything, let alone their claims on music. It seems logical, but that's certainly no reason for me to take them at their word. If that were true you would be more negatively affected if you were a trained musician because of the relationship between music and language. Additionally, native speakers of Chinese and other tonal languages may find themselves more distracted because their language uses the melodic shape of the word said to convey meaning beyond what English does. This is all speculation, but i'm not convinced the comment on TL wasn't merely based on speculation as well. :D I personally don't know why you would need music to "zone out" and focus on the game. Studies also show the more complex the task, the more likely that music will be a strong distracting factor. However, in my research, I found an interesting study that suggested that music affects introverts and extroverts differently. That extroverts are much less likely to to have the negative distracting problems with music than introverts are. If I were to want to maximize performance, I wouldn't play any music and avoid all sounds in general. However, just for fun, it likely won't make a big difference either way.

Now to actually work on said paper some more. ;)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
But what if I perform better when I'm in a better mood?
The effect is largely mitigated by the distracting effect of music. That's what studies have found. I'm not here to tell people what they thinks works for them doesn't. Just saying that if it does, they are an exception to what research studies have been reporting.

L__

Smash Master
i don't like game music

or listening to music when i play league

just went 20/4 as kat to win me into 1500

not too long ago

3 gud

though it feels like being in 1500 doesnt mean anything

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I feel like Kat and jungle Shaco / Maokai / Lee Sin would be a pretty cool duo queue combo. Get Kat fed, win game, gg

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just went 2/1/8 Jungle Yi. Went some dumb build, was gonna go AD later on but I went ninja tabi -> deathcap -> frozen heart. Their team surrendered before I got to put my FH in action. Ended up tanking their team's **** while my teammates killed everyone, since we didn't exactly have a tank. It was pretty funny. Yi is probably my favorite jungler, everyone else I've tried is pretty boring/awkward but Yi is fast and fun.

oh and I had most damage done by far, I assume because of alpha strike shenanigans. Also had most damage taken on my team, even more than our tryn, and almost as much as the other team's tryn. Who died a lot.

Pikaville

Are you rushing those items? If so what's your average CS by 20 minutes?
Let's see rylai (3150) + rabadon (3600) + sorc boots (1100) = 7850, while my build of sorc boots(1100) + 2 drings (950) + Will(2100) + ryali (3150) = 7300. When I'm doing well on Ahri (200~ cs by 20 minutes a few kills and dragon control), I ideally see myself having 2 d-rings, rylais and wota by 20 minutes. So, if you're completing all that by 20 minutes, then you're better then me when I'm playing exceptionally well.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561/jdsokolow/Creeping.png
Here's more information on gold (with optimal CS you should make 7.1k by 20 minutes, that's not including dragon + champion kills).
Yes I pretty much always rush those items unless I have another good AP on our team in which case I swap Rylais for WoTA.

Double WoTA is too good sometimes.

Omni

BRoomer
I just had a game where after 10 minutes in I was unable to move. I could use all my skills, but Ashe wouldn't move at all. Just shot arrows from my base, lol.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Just went 2/1/8 Jungle Yi. Went some dumb build, was gonna go AD later on but I went ninja tabi -> deathcap -> frozen heart. Their team surrendered before I got to put my FH in action. Ended up tanking their team's **** while my teammates killed everyone, since we didn't exactly have a tank. It was pretty funny. Yi is probably my favorite jungler, everyone else I've tried is pretty boring/awkward but Yi is fast and fun.

oh and I had most damage done by far, I assume because of alpha strike shenanigans. Also had most damage taken on my team, even more than our tryn, and almost as much as the other team's tryn. Who died a lot.
Junglers typically do a lot of damage because you have to kill the jungle creeps from full health to zero, while lanes tend to only last hit for a while.

Pikaville

Well what's your average CS by 20 minutes, and what characters do you primarily play?
It's usually around the 200 mark, more often just under.

I pretty much only play Brand,Ashe and Xerath.

I only ever do that well with Brand or Ashe though.

I also usually have 2-3 kills by then and failing that 5-7 assists.

Kira-

Smash Champion
i stopped listening to music so i can make decisions better lol

especially when im jungling ><

though it feels like being in 1500 doesnt mean anything
1500 is when people start to not suck at the game

ive played with a lot of 1500s in ranked 5s that were easily competent and beat 2k+ players in lane

although playing solo q at 1500 and 2k is extremely different

Omni

BRoomer
I mean... I just use the most commonly used junglers so I can have a better understanding of how to compete against them. It's very helpful!

Top Bottom