• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Viktor Tier 5... LOL.

I hope what he said about buffs is true though.

EDIT: Seems this guy doesn't know what he's doing. He has Viktor as awful in draft mode, but still #19 in the AP only list...

Coney

Smash Master
Viktor Tier 5... LOL.

EDIT: Seems this guy doesn't know what he's doing. He has Viktor as awful in draft mode, but still #19 in the AP only list...
i thought the same thing, but i don't think they're the same guy. AP carry list is by elementz, other list is by dcgreen. the disparities are weird, though.

like, how can the worst AP carry in the game be in tier 3, when the second-worst is ALSO the second-worst character in the game?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
You only have three current champions to play for the rest of your life. Who do you pick?

I all ready guessed Mogwai's three because either I'm awesome or he's super predictable.

I think mine would be:

Katarina
Fiora
Trynd

Though I don't play Tryn much anymore :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You only have three current champions to play for the rest of your life. Who do you pick?

I all ready guessed Mogwai's three because either I'm awesome or he's super predictable.

I think mine would be:

Katarina
Fiora
Trynd

It's not impressive to guess the only three champions someone plays.

Mine would probably be Riven, Viktor, and Nautilus.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Riven / Shyvana / Who the **** cares those two are broken enough for me

OCCASIONALLY OLAF TOO

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1) Poppy
2) Rammus
3) Lulu

???

I had a hard time picking Rammus and Lulu, simply because I seldom use Lulu since I enjoy Poppy Support so much more, and I haven't touched Rammus in ages.

Can't say Sejuani because I've just started using her, and I DO like Malphite just as much as Rammus, especially since he seldom gets banned in draft. Everyone else I play I do for the lulz somewhat, even though I still try to win (Morde/Nasus/Yi jungle, for example, and Fizz is just a filler mid, even though I NEVER mid).

Actually, on second thought...

1) Poppy
2) Lulu
3) Evelyn

Much better. :applejack:

Frolossus

Smash Lord

I think mine would be:

Katarina
Fiora
Trynd

kat
anivia

would be fine with just these 2 honestly

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Ezreal
Galio
and...

I need Malz and Shen to duke it out. I find 'em both a fun time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anivia, Maokai, not sure about the last slot, probably GP, Janna, Soraka (sue me), or Kennen

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
1) Ziggs
2) ...
3) ...

I need to play more champs.
Maybe Graves, I played him a few weeks ago and our support spoon fed me kills.
It was nice having so much power.
I am a pretty good Support Lux as well.

1) Ziggs
2) Graves
3) Lux

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just went 2/1/8 Jungle Yi. Went some dumb build, was gonna go AD later on but I went ninja tabi -> deathcap -> frozen heart.
I forgot to mention, the highlight of the game for me: it was late-ish game, and I was going for our blue buff (Viktor didn't want it)
I'm whacking away at it, since my DPS was fairly low due to my tanky build, when suddenly Tryndamere whirls through the trees and starts attacking me. I say "leave me alone" or something in allchat, and ignore him to continue hitting the golem. I smite the golem right as two of his teammates show up, I alpha strike and Gotta Go Fast my *** out of there, right as 2-3 of my teammates come in and finish them off. Then I heal myself to full because the AP ratio on his heal is absolutely insane.

I hate Karma.
I just play her because no one else does. :applejack:
wut

Viktor Tier 5... LOL.

Is Viktor really good? It seems like he has a powerful moveset, but I've heard people complain about him being weak or underused or something. I've seen quite a few on Viktor free week though! Definitely more than say, Heimer.

Who do you guys think are some of the most "balanced" champs in the game? Like, they're powerful enough to do their role, but never/rarely considered overpowered while also never/rarely considered underpowered.

For some reason, when I think about Gangplank's role and moveset, he seems like a really balanced character. He's an AD carry, but he has to be in melee range... so he has all sorts of moves giving him survivability and maneuverability, and damage.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I sort of wish Viktor didn't have only five items slots.

My three would be Miss Fortune, Lux, and...Evelynn.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I'm pretty sure my LoL client just downloaded stuff. I'm hoping they patched some bugs or something?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How can you concentrate on both... if you look away you might miss something o_o

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's more of a passive watching of people playing. You can take short snippets/breaks from your work to watch hopefully something interesting/exciting happen on screen. And some streams have good music.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't concentrate on anything while doing work stuff like that. I would get distracted even by skype.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
just played a game, jungle WW didn't come in until like 18 minutes, my power went out (it's been randomly doing this sometimes, goes out for 2 seconds, comes back on, have to wait for internet to restart) and then everything was glitchy. i was playing support volibear and just did stupid **** and ended up with a positive K/D and we won the game because their team was ******** and possibly threw it on purpose while being obnoxious trolls or something.

tl;dr i played to have fun and ended up not having fun

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Varus

Living Vengeance - on kill or assist, Varus temporarily gains Attack Speed. This bonus is larger if the enemy is a champion.

Piercing Arrow - Varus readies and then fires a powerful shot that gains extra range and damage the longer he spends preparing to fire.

Blighted Quiver - Varus' basic attacks deal bonus magic damage and apply Blight. Varus' other abilities detonate Blight, dealing magic damage based on the target's maximum health.

Hail of Arrows - Varus fires a hail of arrows that deal physical damage and desecrate the ground. Desecrated ground slows enemies' Movement Speed and reduces their healing and regeneration.

Chain of Corruption - Varus flings out a tendril of corruption that immobilises the first enemy champion hit and then spreads towards nearby uninfected champions, immobilising them on contact.

So we're getting a male archer champion who's ranged ad...

Ranged AD who every 3 auto attacks can deal magic damage equal to 15% of the enemies' health, if he procs it with another ability.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Varus is basically Ashe 2.0

Volley shot with with heal reduction, a better passive that some people been crying for ashe, an ult that is hard CC that will probably be a good initiation

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Varus' abilities have been accessible in the client since the Hecarim patch, Shaya. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I can confirm that Malzahar is just plain fun. I've been wanting to buy him for a while, ever since I tried him when I was a wee newbie. :bee:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Late game as a moderately well-farmed (relatively) AD carry is the most beautiful thing, sometimes.

Our Lux had the weirdest build, though. I was concerned at first because she kept auto-attacking my creeps, but it worked out. Seriously though, ever seen a Wit's End or Manamune on a Lux?

Oh, didn't notice the errors in the end game screen. We did win.

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
As for the three champions thing it would probably be

1) Ashe (That way Mogwai still wants to play with me)
2) Janna
3) Shyvanna

edit: oops sorry

-KevinM

Niko45

Smash Master
Question on armor pen and abilities that scale with AD. The in-game example I'm thinking of is Graves' buckshot. So, I assume building armor will reduce the damage buckshot does to someone, but if you build an item like last whisperer on Graves, does the armor pen proc with buckshot? Buckshot I know does not proc things like crit or slow, so idk if it's a consistent thing or if armor pen works differently than those types of on-hit effects. So, is last whisperer only effective on autos and abilities that proc all on-hit effects like GP parrrley? Or does armor pen simply effect anything AD related regardless of procing.

Top Bottom