• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ugh nami and cait so ****ing annoying, knock up to trap is very fun or you know trap bubble trap lol.
And she buffs the autoattacks of the longest default range autoattacker!
She's pretty good, idk who said she was mediocre :o I find her bubbles easier to land than a lot of other skillshots. Probably because it's not too different from Malz Q, in the sense that you can pretty much dodge it on reaction, so you have to just aim it where they're most likely about to go.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nah her Q is still pretty weak in lane compared to Sona Ult or Power Chord, Taric Q, Thresh pull.

However its damn brutal in a team fight. A good Nami Q is almost as good as a great Sona Ult

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nami is great and all, but she can't really do anything on her own (think Sona flash cresendo). she's the best follow up though.. Her tidal wave is ok in a wombo combo otherwise lackluster on its own. Her bubble is easy to dodge when its alone.. But using it in chain CC makes it good. (See what i mean by follow up)

Its just with AoE CC being popular with Zac.. Kennen.. Etc.. Nami is thriving

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
you know you can max E for the increased damage and slow, put it on yourself, and then Q people after you slow them with the auto? works preeeetty well in an aggressive lane.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ah yeah that makes a lot of sense. I hadn't considered that Ussi

you know you can max E for the increased damage and slow, put it on yourself, and then Q people after you slow them with the auto? works preeeetty well in an aggressive lane.
Still doesn't justify the cooldown outside of team fights.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Huh? Nami's stun has the same exact cooldown as Taric's stun, but a lot more potential reward. The CD is perfectly fine :o

Boofy!

Smash Champion
And she buffs the autoattacks of the longest default range autoattacker!
She's pretty good, idk who said she was mediocre :o I find her bubbles easier to land than a lot of other skillshots. Probably because it's not too different from Malz Q, in the sense that you can pretty much dodge it on reaction, so you have to just aim it where they're most likely about to go.

Yep. Having alot of success with Nami, I didn't make the connection but coming from someone who used to play alot of Cho it make sense now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I max E first because this only works in lane and picking someone off. Does not work in teamfights. Again this requires you to follow up your adc who is applying the slow from your skill. Doing it yourself requires you adc to follow you up and that could backfire if you aren't on the same wavelength. Lets not forget you are squishy and 550 range which can get you blown up and the other adc can have a dash/tumble. This is why Nami's best adc is Ezreal followed up by Caitlyn because of how easy they can apply Nami's E

Lo and behold they are the two adcs that are popular.

Nami isn't a better Sona. Nami doesn't poke.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The French and Spanish should get their own freaking server, I don't want to play with them anymore on EUW. Let the scum rot together in a server and remove them from the real servers.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Well I'm french and I agree with him, tho it's more than just french and spanish.

Not using english while using the chat makes everyone more toxic, it's just that the fr, es and pt tend to do it way more often than the others.

If you want an analogy for the US imagine if only 1/10 of the states had english as his native language and the rest was different kinds of br.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
i'd say less than 2% of my games have people who only speak a foreign language.

i'd rather riot put a way to report/ban people that troll in the champion select screen. that's an actual issue.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I supported a guy who didn't speak english before. He just happened to go in when i did and we won lane and the game. Wavelength can transcend the language barriar

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sona has poke while nami doesn't? Their effective range is very similar, and to apply power chord sona has to put herself in a lot more danger then nami. Not that she doesn't benefit from ez/cait who are poking oriented lanes, but it's not just tidecaller's blessing, ebb and flow is also a strong poking tool and also a great trading tool, it's where a lot of her power comes from

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sona has poke while nami doesn't? Their effective range is very similar, and to apply power chord sona has to put herself in a lot more danger then nami. Not that she doesn't benefit from ez/cait who are poking oriented lanes, but it's not just tidecaller's blessing, ebb and flow is also a strong poking tool and also a great trading tool, it's where a lot of her power comes from
Eb and flow takes too much mana to be a poking move like Sona's power chord. Should just max E then Q. I get W at level 2 or 3 still just because its good for trading early levels without destroying my mana... but maxing W first has you oom too fast.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I love how they completely remove his AP ratio on Alpha Strike and just say "straight AP probably won't remain a prominent build", as if someone will still do it

MrEh

Smash Hero
I like the splash except for the face. Either Riven got some huge lashes now or she's started wearing eyeliner.

And not gonna lie...I don't think she's the type to wear eyeliner. lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i like the splash art tbh. Better than her current.

Anyway, I have a smurf. The road to Bronze 5 begins!

I've played numerous games, and wow, unranked placement matches are AMAZING.

I've seen:

Nasus start dorans ring
Miss Fortune use her ultimate on towers
A Ziggs player who thinks Baron buff is transfered to killers
ADC Pantheon
Riven who had "grown up duties" to attend to (she had to walk her dog)
A Fiora player go 28/4 and still lose even though I went afk

Will report more soon.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Unranked placement matches are the worst. When I did them, 4 of my 10 games there was an AFK on the team, and 2 other games someone on my team fed to the point of 0/10 or worse by 20 mins. Was dumb.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yoooooo

ap nasus is legit
not when you're support heal/ignite nasus
Unranked placement matches are the worst. When I did them, 4 of my 10 games there was an AFK on the team, and 2 other games someone on my team fed to the point of 0/10 or worse by 20 mins. Was dumb.
idk I'm just letting my team lose themselves

I've had to jungle like, 5 out of 9 games, so I just farm the jungle and see how much CS I can take from lanes before getting yelled out

Other ways to throw games include (but are not limited to):

Playing Master Yi top lane and feeding intentionally
Never enter teamfights (one game I spent 10 mins auto attacking minions at top lane as Ryze. I couldn't push the wave, lol)
AFK'ing
Taking all the kills as the support
Playing Kayle mid, feeding enemy Nami and then only ulting myself
Playing Udyr in any role

I have to think of new and exciting ways to lose games.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So normally I don't get the solo queue woes, but I played 7 straight games in the last two days in ranked.

Of those seven

5 had intentional feeders because they didn't get their role.

One had a Trist who didn't say anything and then when the opponent had a DC said, I don't want to win this way, and just started feeding herself to the enemy team, all chatted when we were at baron etc

And one had a duo queue that just left in the first five minutes.

Taking a break from League for a little haha

@Aero: Glad you're having fun ruining the game for other people!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO... Master Yi as an AD is actually in a very good spot....
But that tends to be what happens every time a rework happens for a champion (except Karma, lol).

While everyone's always like "lol yi, simple, right click, etc", he's one of the highest skill cap champions out there when played AD (imo).

I'm not sure what the proposed changes are over all, but I hear that highlander won't reset on kill any more (which is basically his "if I have anywhere between 65-90% of the enemy's carries gold by the time I hit 16 I'm going to **** everything up because I'll be +80% attack speed/immune to slows for about 20-40 seconds at a time" to "LOL MAYBE ILL BE THE NEXT OLAF").

I guess I'll start just using Nocturne top instead.

But yeah, the buffs to Meditate for AD (700 to 800, is actually pretty good), wuju style CD inclusion plus hydra gives Yi everything he needs to be the highest scaling deeps in the game and not die. But w/e.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@Aero: Glad you're having fun ruining the game for other people!
Thanks! The best part is, they're all busy blaming each other that they don't even know that I'm part of the problem!

I like AD Yi, all-inning at level 2 is amazing with double strike, it's pretty cheesy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why go HAM @ 2 when you can go HAM at 6 after you've breezed through the early game with 2 early points in meditate and then suddenly have a tiamat and go ham on the entire map instead?

I'm starting to run Armor Pen on characters I get tiamat on. It's seemingly working out for me as the base stats/damages on tiamat/hydra are just ****ing ridiculous.

Top Bottom