• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Imagine the guy who had a 6 game losing streak during the period which when you got demoted you were put on 0 points.
Dat double league drop.

My MMR is ****ing dumb because of it. Every game I play I'm against all Gold 1-3s while I was silver 2/3 :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow I forgot about that, lol. That... was pretty bad design. Though it still kinda is. Streaks are just the nature of this game. If it wasn't for division clamping when I first got into gold 1, I could've been into plat 5 promotions, or very close to it, shortly after. Instead, I got tiny amounts of points per game, and then a losing streak to drop to gold 3 (and then back up to gold 2) It's just kinda silly.

Anyway, liking this patch? I kinda really like the jungle changes, but I think people might want to start smiting blue (assuming they start at blue) because, even though it's hard to ward or blind steal the enemy blue, if the enemy mid laner or whoever does manage to steal it it's an instant level 2 with blue buff = auto lane win. And the jungler gets ****ed.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
wriggles looks really good now, i might start running it on some top lanes

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Are people still trying to take jungle creeps as laners? I still think double golems can be taken, especially with fiddle support since he will take the big golem down to half HP with 1 E

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
oh, thought the passive did include minions

theorycrafting shot down

Leacero

Smash Lord
wriggles feels great now. especially since they gutted madreds from being useful outside of the jungle.

the 90 second ward is pretty nice too, much preferred to the 180.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The first thing I thought when I saw the ward change was that Lee Sin really doesn't need any buffs

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dorans shield 1 pot start on top zac feels pretty good compared to bead 2 ward 4 pot

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They are trying to stop the, "laners taking jungle items because while they help junglers they do silly things in lane"

Like wiggles used to do for top lane.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Switch wraiths and double golems, make double golems spawn every 40 seconds and give most gold. Boom farming the jungle is now viable

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I like the Wriggles changes, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting over SotLE even with SotLE getting nerfed yet again.
Even after the SotLE nerf this patch, it gives you a lot more stats for the cost. Even a manaless champ that's getting no value from the mana regen, it's still more cost effective than Wriggles.
I think there might be specific champs that it has enough synergy with that they would want it though. Like maybe somebody like Tiger Udyr can go super objective mode with his 100% bonus attack speed from Q and passive to take objectives HELLA fast with the extra 100 damage per attack.

Madreds however is MUCH better. I think Madreds will be very strong, I'm just not sure if upgrading it is worth it. If you are putting 2000 gold into an item, SotLE or SotAG are so much more gold efficient as a jungler. When you don't get huge amounts of income, you need items to be as efficient as possible. Madreds is super cheap and I think offers enough to be worth it on somebody who might not want a Spirit Stone item.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Hi. I just started playing this game yesterday, and I have a couple of questions.
First of all, why are there little brown boxes with plus signs over the champion's abilities that say the exact same thing as when you hover over the champion's abilities underneath?
Also, how do you chat with people during the match?
(If they showed this stuff in the tutorial, I already forgot it.)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Here's something to make it even worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05BxFO9WyYM
ohhhhh boy.
Also there's really a website called how2jungle, what.
rofl wut. U hit 2 off that. that's hilarious.
Yes, that's why I said junglers might want to consider smiting if they don't have vision on the other side of their blue. Someone like Syndra can steal it pretty easily and get instant level 2 + blue buff, it's op.
Hi. I just started playing this game yesterday, and I have a couple of questions.
First of all, why are there little brown boxes with plus signs over the champion's abilities that say the exact same thing as when you hover over the champion's abilities underneath?
Also, how do you chat with people during the match?
(If they showed this stuff in the tutorial, I already forgot it.)
Uh, the plus signs are for you to level up your abilities. You get 1 point per level. To chat, press enter, unless you mean whispering friends in which case it's /w username or /r to reply.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
It shows more than the exact same thing. It shows what changes if you level that skill up. Though if it's the skill's first point, it will show the exact same thing.

Does the all chat still default to Team Only?

Life

Smash Hero
So I should just click on them if they pop up?
I think a lot of people assign some hotkeys to level up skills rather than clicking (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but other than that yes. Remember you only get one per level--generally you'll want the far-right one (R) when there's four of them, because that's your ultimate and they get a lot of power from being leveled, but beyond that it depends on champion matchups and roles. Usually there's an obvious skill to put one point in early and then finish leveling last, and usually there's an obvious skill to max first, but not always.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
First impressions on aatrox for those who have played with him?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hey guys remember those Leblanc changes on the PBE way back when, well they are back.

Thing are changed though, her Ult now costs 0 mana.

Top Bottom