• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ban him
there problem solved
also, khazix was buffed in a lot of ways, hardly makes it a nerf imo.

Okuser

Smash Ace
ban him
there problem solved
also, khazix was buffed in a lot of ways, hardly makes it a nerf imo.

didn't even read the changes just assumed they nerfed him into the ****ing ground where he belongs.

but if he got buffed that's ****ING HILARIOUS.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vorpal spikes is just a dumb move.

1200 air wave clear that heals and is great in team fights >_>.

Yeah Annie and Ashe stuff, me like.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Void Spikes are just stupid, they need to be nerfed even more. They do so much damage, if you're not out in the lane where he'll just jump on you and kill you, he'll poke you to death under turret.

I liked Kha'Zix when people were stupid and thought he was bad.

... stupid character...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Azen was good at this game, wasn't he?

Dunno how good Mango is/was, but he used to play. That's about all I got.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
16char and mog weren't there either so it was obviously a joke or fanboyism, not sure which.

Robbin deserves to be there but nobody knows cause he doesn't play ranked ever.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
16char and mog weren't there either so it was obviously a joke or fanboyism, not sure which.

Robbin deserves to be there but nobody knows cause he doesn't play ranked ever.
For some reason, I didn't think Mogwai counted, or I forgot him. I'm dumb.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey guys...
MY NAME IS KHA ZIX

What does Pantheon do that I don't realistically do better, with twice the damage, twice the scaling and twice basically everything.

I hate how Riot will choose to gut a character, while other characters get number shifts so their nerfs aren't "that bad". I don't get the double standard at all. Riot seems to genuinely like Diana and KhaZix being vastly superior to every other character of their classes.

Like... take Shaco.
How many times has he been nerfed with the reasons stated by Riot as "He's too strong early"
although every single nerf thats been applied to him in the past 2 years (actually, EVER) has had significant impacts on every stage of the game for him.... Although he's always been considered a weakish character the later the game goes although they kept nerfing his late game...
Never a "reducing strength here and moving it to there" just "NERF". The only exception has been bonus AD ratio on E.... vughhhhhhh

Diana and Kha though? Gotta make sure their poster children that top level players score pentas with every single ****ing game of LCS/etc get "tweaked" to stay viable. Or they get nerfed one patch and have them basically all reverted the next one....

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For some reason, I didn't think Mogwai counted, or I forgot him. I'm dumb.
lol, fair enough. Seems to me he's a bit hard to forget.

Is it just me or is Kha'Zix getting buffed around the board?

EDIT: People will probably just evolve Q third instead of R now.
Well not applying the passive is a signifigant blow to his poke damage, the 55-190 base damage gone, considering it's only 75-235 base damage, that's a giant nerf, especially given the free damage diversity it gave him.

Also, I think the inability to cast void spikes during leap is gonna hurt him a lot.

The "taste their fear" change is big, but it's pushing him more towards being an assassin then a hardcore poker.

edit:
Hey guys...
MY NAME IS KHA ZIX

What does Pantheon do that I don't realistically do better, with twice the damage, twice the scaling and twice basically everything.

I hate how Riot will choose to gut a character, while other characters get number shifts so their nerfs aren't "that bad". I don't get the double standard at all. Riot seems to genuinely like Diana and KhaZix being vastly superior to every other character of their classes.

Like... take Shaco.
How many times has he been nerfed with the reasons stated by Riot as "He's too strong early"
although every single nerf thats been applied to him in the past 2 years (actually, EVER) has had significant impacts on every stage of the game for him.... Although he's always been considered a weakish character the later the game goes although they kept nerfing his late game...
Never a "reducing strength here and moving it to there" just "NERF". The only exception has been bonus AD ratio on E.... vughhhhhhh

Diana and Kha though? Gotta make sure their poster children that top level players score pentas with every single ****ing game of LCS/etc get "tweaked" to stay viable. Or they get nerfed one patch and have them basically all reverted the next one....
Shaya, you're right, there's a reason why they feel treat kha and diana a lot more gingerly then shaco, and that reason is because they're important to competative play.

But think about it practically, shaco is a pubstomper that always has done well in solo queue, but his irrelevance to competative play means that nerfs don't really change the balance at that level. On the other hand if you buff them to the point of viability in competative play they will wreak unholy hell in solo queue.

They need to balance the concerns of two drastically different types of metas, with the same characters, using the same items, on the same map. Is it any wonder that character's that kits are very pubstompy but do poorly in competative play routinely get the shaft? The only solution is to rework the characters.

Still, his base vorpal spike damage down by 44% is hardly a light nerf.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The leap change is significant (people will have a small window to react), but from what I understood they are upping the damage on spikes quite a bit to make up for it not applying the passive. Slow is also nerfed, but also will be applied on every cast instead of just with passive use.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
No they aren't upping the dmg. It's gonna be doing less than it does now for sure. Not sure by how much but considering b4 it was magic and physical it will probably be a pretty sizeable chunk.

only changing from 0.8 to 0.9 dmg ratio. That won't make up for the passive but it will make sure the move doesnt suck **** compared to what it was.

mb 0.9 to 1.0

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ah, you're right. I misread the Void Spikes change and when I saw "triples shot" I thought they meant they were gonna make it do tonsadamage... hence why I was confused.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ya, it's a pretty large hit, even lategame where it's probably gonna be about 90 damage off. A .1 ratio increase doesn't make up for it.

Also makes it a hell of a lot more difficult to consume the passive to check for wards.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Azen is in Diamond alongside Mogwai. I'm pretty sure Mang0 has the stuff to be diamond but idk if he gives a fk anymore. Same /w s2j.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
let's duo when I'm d1 and be the first challengers on swf

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm pretty confident that khazix was nerfed overall, as his W first evo was just doing so much for him in terms of laning safely and waveclearing mid as well as everything else. Not sure how well he will mid lane now without op W first evo (I'm assuming it's not worth evolving first now, I'd assume evolve Q first and W last....meaning that crappy unevolved W hitbox is gonna be with you all the way until level 16 now). If he has to go top, even in his really op state he had a bunch of tricky matchups top, so I definitely don't think he will roll over the meta like he is now by getting free laning phase to go with that late game. Who knows, though, maybe the Q buff is wayyyy too strong and it won't matter.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dude leona for kha zix counterpick as demonstrated by wingsofdeath rofl.

swear to god "giving him the sunny d." is one of the funniest lines i've heard on a stream so far.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I was at 5 losses at 0 LP before winning. Every game was begrudgingly queuing up to get the demotion over with. 0 LP is so much more stressful than promotions.

john!

Smash Hero
I was at 5 losses at 0 LP before winning. Every game was begrudgingly queuing up to get the demotion over with. 0 LP is so much more stressful than promotions.
agreed... in my eyes promotion series aren't anything special, since if you lose the series, it usually puts you at around the LP you would have had normally if there had been no series.

but if you get demoted then you have to play like 10 more games (at least) to get back to where you were before you lost that one game...

Top Bottom