• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wanna go top vs. an Aatrox. He doesn't seem as good as I had originally thought. :applejack:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Aatrox is a stupid champ. Too much sustain, buying Ex Call now.

Ignite... lol.

Honestly, Aatrox sucks bad if you just ignite him. He just immediately melts when as soon as the focus moves to him and you drop ignite on him. I havent even seen a single Aatrox win yet and Ive been in 5 games with one since every time Aatrox does good in a fight I just direct the people with ignite to use it on him in fights.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I dunno! I'm always scared to use my summoners, lol.

He's just so scary, but the people who use him seem to go either 15/0 or 0/15.

There's no inbetween. D:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Dont all champs on release do that though? like, people still haven't optimized quinn and lissandra play yet.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does Grievous Wounds affect his passive? He becomes untargetable during it, like Zhonyas or something, so I kind of figured it wouldn't. I can handle the rest of his kit (though it's horribly uninspired and boring) but the existence of yet another anti-death passive pisses me off.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont think so, but when his passive comes up he loses his blood well stacks meaning hes weaker anyway, so its not that hard to kill him again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
aren't you like bronze, gashi?
Also saying ignite counters doesn't instantly means that'll kill him indefinitely. It isn't the case for Vlad Mundo etc. all the time but it still does hurt.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My main is at its Bronze 1 promotion cuz placement op and put me in Bronze 4, but got up in like 15 games lol.

Ive been mostly playing on my smurf though which didnt get gayed in placement and is at Gold 4 atm.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He seems to do really well early in every game I've seen then just... screams useless from mid game-ish onwards.

^ Pretty much this. He has good ganks/clear speed in jungle and seems to do good in lane, but as soon as team fights start happening he starts falling off and becomes either too easy to kill or doesnt do enough damage.

Coney

Smash Master
can't he just operate like tryndamere tho

as in, get scepter/tiamat/shiv/whatever and just shove top forever and 1v1 anyone if they come

idk that kind of play is thriving right now in solo q and aatrox seems like he fits it just fine

Haven't tested Aatrox yet, gonna try him in the jungle. He seems like a weaker Xin there, but I'm reserving judgment. One hasn't won against me yet either.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Isn't that just because people haven't figured his item build yet ?
The bigger problem is that Aatrox probably doesn't have one single "best build". If he's built as a lifesteal tank (which is what I've heard gives the best results), you'll need to build reactively according to the enemy team's damage, CC, who's doing how much damage, whatever.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Most Kennens start with double doran's blade anyway for lane dominance, and then transition into zhonyas/magpen boots/liadries. I would think Ap kennen provides more to the team that ad kennen because he can stand in the middle of the teamfight without blowing up with zhonyas.

Bruiser ad kennen sounds interesting.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Most Kennens start with double doran's blade anyway for lane dominance, and then transition into zhonyas/magpen boots/liadries. I would think Ap kennen provides more to the team that ad kennen because he can stand in the middle of the teamfight without blowing up with zhonyas.

Bruiser ad kennen sounds interesting.
it's similar to top lane nunu. other than ryze (dat snare), i have crushed everything on top lane that i've met, even if i'm camped by the jungler. i guess part of the advantage is that nobody has experience against bruiser kennen.

i've generally dealt the most or second most damage in my matches. ad kennen is versatile. he has high mobility, can split push, handle 1v1s and 2v1s and can still insta gib mages and ad carries in big fights, so remains a threat lategame.

MrEh

Smash Hero
He can do both actually. Build cheap stuff like Aegis and Locket to help your team if you're a jungler. Can build crazier stuff like Liandrys if you're a top (or fed).

Other tank items like Sunfire are fine too, considering that all Zac does is hump people to death.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yesterday I lost each of the three games I played.
Woke up early today, got in six games before work, and won every game.
Sometimes this game makes you hate it, other times you just have too much fun.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Zac new favorite champ, went 15-0-24 in ranked then got a Zhonyas just to style on em during my ult. So much fun and he's not a super boring champ personality wise.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
She got buffed in practically every patch the last few months, the most notable being the visual quality of life on her e, increased bubble stun to 1.5 seconds, attack missile speed increased to 1500, and her inclusion in the massive support ult cooldown reduction.

She was average before the patches, great after the buffs, and she is really shining now because pretty much all the other support options took big hits. She is slightly better than she was on release, but she is buffed by comparison to all the other supports.

She was my favorite and best support before all the buffs so I really appreciate them, I hope Riot doesn't decide they went too far with them and revert some. I really feel she is in a perfect spot right now. High-ish skill cap for a support (Bubbles man, same travel time no matter where you aim it sucks), requires coordination with her adc to really capitalize on using her e in lane to harass, amazing initiation and counter initiation. Junglers love nami too, makes bot lane easy to gank if she can land bubbles.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The buffs were nice but its the nerfs to the other supports that make her shine.
That and having a positive matchup against Thresh is super important right now.

Top Bottom