• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So adding to the Fiora sucks war stories, a fiora with 7 kills couldn't 1v1 me as support.

y does this champ exist
7/x fiora should destroy anyone in a duel.

except singed

wtf

I think perhaps that player was a bit special

Player-3

Smash Hero
man solo q is a glorious thing after reaching the coveted diamond 1 elo bracket

afks three games in a row!!!

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
man solo q is a glorious thing after reaching the coveted diamond 1 elo bracket

afks three games in a row!!!
Find a way to join me in Silver V where my last few games were the opposite mostly.
Where a couple games out of my last 4 or 5 games had the enemy team with an afk or when 3 of the enemy team down bot cluster near each other while you're Leona and your Ult is up.

Niko45

Smash Master
Man, anyone else feeling like the Dorans Ring change is really impactful? Feels like snowballing on Ahri is easier than ever.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i hope riot never makes incentives for plat/diamond so that the only players up there are ones who want to be great at the game, not because they want a skin
Then they inadvertently got good to get the skin.

You want players to work to get good? Yeah well they wanted to get good for that skin over internal drives.

It really doesn't matter people have a wide range of reasons to get good, some "good" some "bad". It's not wrong to ha e ski s to reward people who made it there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Man, anyone else feeling like the Dorans Ring change is really impactful? Feels like snowballing on Ahri is easier than ever.
As a starting item with 2 potions, or just because you buy like ~3 and save 225 gold? I haven't really thought about it, and of course almost never get mid lately since everyone else wants it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Supports like Leona can get Doran's Shield + 1 ward and go hyper aggressive if they want to now. It especially works with Leona because she naturally wants to stack health, rush Sight Stone, and already has one of the highest HP+5s in the game so the added health regen just means she recovers from a bad engage and gets ready for the next one without having to b.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think Doran's Shield on Leona is a good idea, mostly because it means you can't buy a pink ward.

john!

Smash Hero
Then they inadvertently got good to get the skin.

You want players to work to get good? Yeah well they wanted to get good for that skin over internal drives.

It really doesn't matter people have a wide range of reasons to get good, some "good" some "bad". It's not wrong to ha e ski s to reward people who made it there.
> implying solo q measures how good you are at league and not how much of a pubstompy douchebag you can be

Coney

Smash Master
i mean being high elo doesnt mean you're good at league of legends (well actually yes it does but hear me out), it means you're good at solo queue

solo q is comparable to how we play smash bros, yeah if you're good at the no-items 3 stock metagame you'll probably be good with items and **** too, but it's still a different kind of game

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
But how many of us are playing on premade teams that go to tournaments?

I don't think Doran's Shield on Leona is a good idea, mostly because it means you can't buy a pink ward.
Again, you do this when you want to go hyper aggressive. It's not a consistent strategy but if you're up against a very passive lane and a more sustain jungle who isn't likely to show his face early, its certainly a route that is now an option.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Niko45

Smash Master
As a starting item with 2 potions, or just because you buy like ~3 and save 225 gold? I haven't really thought about it, and of course almost never get mid lately since everyone else wants it.

It's a combo of both, but basically it gives you as much damage as before for 400 gold. You're just hitting harder starting the game, and it accelerates your core early game (general standard build being sorc boots 2 drings). Since you're already starting with one dring, you're gonna get there way faster than before when it was standard to start some type of regen heavy start (flask) or just simply boots pots. Especially if I happen into an early kill, it just feels like my snowball is taking off incredibly fast.

bassem6

Smash Lord
It is kind of annoying to me when people say that solo q isnt a measure of skill. I have been playing this game since season one and it took a lot of learning, experience and dedication to be where I am rank-wise today. To say that I got diamond out of sheer luck is insulting and is not the mindset that one should have if they are looking to improve.

Edit: Not to say that there isn't a luck aspect with who you get matched with, however it doesn't matter once you play enough games because you either will or will not be able to significantly impact your win% based on how well you do individually every game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seems silly to suggest solo queue isn't about skill, but it's about solo queue skill. Granted a lot of skills pass over to the real game (5v5 teams), but it's still fundamentally different and some habits in solo queue are gonna antogonistic to 5v5 play and vice versa.

I like the items play in smash in versus non-items play comparison, seems to describe the situation perfectly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Apparently Genja is playing blue build Ashe , internal Riot dudes say it's really stronk

Leacero

Smash Lord
Shutup Cindy we all know ur better than us gosh
Alls I'm sayins is that no matter how much people argue about it, there will always be people who say solo Q is pure luck and there will always be people who laugh at them and try to put them down. It's a never ending discussion between two groups of people that'll accomplish nothing. If you're good and know that you earned your ranking through your own merits, you shouldn't care about what others think (especially if they're not as good, since most people who say it's luck probably have an over-inflated sense of their own skill).

SO ALLS OF YOUS PIPE DOWN AND START UP THE SWF INHOUSE.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey why are Riot changing Victor to be labeled support? Is that a thing happening at LCS? I haven't been able to watch for a while.

PS. I miss Season 2 Soraka.

Life

Smash Hero
Can someone define "blue build" for me? I thought it had to do with laners getting the Spirit jungle items but apparently Muramana Ashe qualifies now?

Top Bottom