• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
Can someone define "blue build" for me? I thought it had to do with laners getting the Spirit jungle items but apparently Muramana Ashe qualifies now?

It's basically all the blue items, so things like: Muramana, Last Whisper, Frozen Fist, Elder items, Ionian boots, and BotRK (THOUGH IT'S PURPLE).

Niko45

Smash Master
I think the luck factor in solo queue is less about whether or not you're getting good teammates but, patch to patch, are the champions that are incredibly strong in the game at the time the champions you are also good at playing.

You see this all the time even at high elo where one patch some guy looks like a god cause his main champ is op and then that gets nerfed and he's just getting wrecked every game trying to play other ****.

Then there is also the niche factor. If you're a kennen player, you have probably been ****** all season long, because kennen has been strong as **** all season long. He's only now getting a ton of attention (probably due to rumble and elise nerfs or something, idk). Wukong is another good example. Any champ who you can clearly see is effective and yet is never picked professionally because of whatever reason is money for farming elo. You can't commit heavily to being a khazix or Jayce player now, cause the nerf bat is out and watching them closely.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
People are getting Elder Lizard less often these days, especially after the nerfs

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
solo queue should be treated as training mode for 5s

now that im diamond 5, i can start mastering champs outside my safe picks without fear of dropping into plat

john!

Smash Hero
solo queue has very little luck involved. there's a reason why wildturtle and xj9 are able to get account after account into challenger/diamond 1

but a lot of the "skills" necessary to get high elo in solo queue aren't actually good from a competitive perspective (such as hyper-aggressiveness, cheese tactics that rely on disorganization, and playing the hardest pubstomper you can)

Coney

Smash Master
solo queue has very little luck involved. there's a reason why wildturtle and xj9 are able to get account after account into challenger/diamond 1

but a lot of the "skills" necessary to get high elo in solo queue aren't actually good from a competitive perspective (such as hyper-aggressiveness, cheese tactics that rely on disorganization, and playing the hardest pubstomper you can)

okay yeah this is 100% true, pushing someone in as much as possible is really really effective in solo

if ur the world's best, like...lissandra, sure maybe u can get into diamond, but u would be a LOT better in 5s

solo q also takes perseverance & serious leadership/management skills, if you're not trying to get there in >400 games you have to take charge a large majority of the time

also gotta be pretty ballsy bc to make plays you kinda have to do stupid **** and hope the team will follow your lead, sometimes you just have to do that 1v5 initiation when you're ahead and pray your team knows what they're doing

cant count how many times i've gone the "wrong way" in the jungle (aka the path we SHOULD be taking), forcing the team to follow me into a 3-for-5 ace

sometimes ya gotta yank the chain

EDIT - yeah i know this **** has been said 1000000x before but solo q is really interesting to me, this collection of 10 neurotic elements bisected into two teams and whoever cracks first usually loses, it's neat

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
tldr:
Play more Nunu jungle, cheese your way into free elo, everybody wins.

Seriously, NOBODY at lower elos knows how to stop Nunu cheese.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
the fact that q out damages smite lvl 1 is sorta stupid. If nunu's base heath wasn't so large that he can easily run away from 2-3 people after he hits 2 off of the stolen buff, it wouldn't be so stupid. Soloing dragon at lvl 4 is also really really obnoxious.

Thankfully nunu can't carry games (unless he gets a fully charged ult on your whole team every team fight, in which case you should lose anyway). He does snowball lanes really well from his crazy dive potential.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Even with the upcoming nerf to his q it still does more damage than smite.

Still it's 30 more than smite, compared to now when he has a bigger window of error.

Still I prefer this over any form if lane Nunu.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Been playing that Ghost + Flash + Distortion Boots Ashe.
Been going very well for me. More chances to make plays, and a summoner is up basically every fight.
In my last game even got a penta kill right before we marched into their base.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So I'm going to get to diamond (or close to ;)) with Master Yi sometime soon. Probably after the 21st of July. Hopefully he won't be nerfed by then (is the Yi rework meant to be out next patch? :()

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So I'm going to get to diamond (or close to ;)) with Master Yi sometime soon. Probably after the 21st of July. Hopefully he won't be nerfed by then (is the Yi rework meant to be out next patch? :()
I don't believe so, they said it's gonna go to the PBE for a while like Karma did before a full release.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ha. That explains the recent PBE change to showing summoner icons on the loading screen.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I did Proxy Brand the other day.

Only because I was feeding already.

Oceanic Nautilus sounds great, considering that his current (hue) skins are bad.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Hey guys so I have been trying gp10 seals and quints on certain champions(mainly kat since she is really versitile with rune sets). Its been working farily well and of course I can get items sooner. Im curious to know what others think about a set up like that. I've also have had decent success with it on tryndamere but it may not be as safe to do on him than a mid laner.

Leacero

Smash Lord
if the stats you miss out on would make you lose a creep or so per wave (i.e. through harass/poor trades), it's not worth it. gp10s would also do nothing for you in a fight.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I go gp 10 runes on a lot of my support/jungle pages, but aside from that i dont really use them.

Top Bottom