• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

you can argue that fiddle would not have to put his main harass tools on CD at all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What? Leblanc can W - > R and wave is gone. Don't even argue her 20 second cooldown on ult, either. >:C

@Mogwai: Should be Dragonslayer Jarvan /w Charmander face shooped on.
It's close to 20 at max rank, it's around 35 seconds at 6.

you can argue that fiddle would not have to put his main harass tools on CD at all.
^Pretty much that as well.

D

Deleted member

Vlad doesn't strike me as a ridiculously difficult character to counter laning phase.

Honestly, the issue I see with middlesticks more then anything else is his low pushing power, putting him in the same category as leblanc.
he isn't tough to counter if you 'insert tough ad bruiser here' but in spots where u can't pick ad bruiser mid unless u want no ap damage on ur team fiddle is very very strong vs vlad

i've heard both sides about swain vs vlad, how its overrated how much swain ***** him OR swain takes a dump on him, regardless fiddle ***** vlad really freakin hard

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
day 3 of playing vayne after buying her and i see what u guys mean @.@

The most issue i've had is with ezreal lanes though.

**** ezreal :(

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Ezreal dittos are the worst.

Then Solo Bot Ezreal vs Ezreal + Support no chance in hell in winning that.
Third time happening. What are the odds.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
he isn't tough to counter if you 'insert tough ad bruiser here' but in spots where u can't pick ad bruiser mid unless u want no ap damage on ur team fiddle is very very strong vs vlad

i've heard both sides about swain vs vlad, how its overrated how much swain ***** him OR swain takes a dump on him, regardless fiddle ***** vlad really freakin hard
I honestly think that vlad isn't that strong of a laner, I think characters with heavy burst, especially if it's outside of his effective range wreck him. Also characters with strong roam or both because vlad's roam really isn't that good. Or both.

What? Leblanc can W - > R and wave is gone. Don't even argue her 20 second cooldown on ult, either. >:C
Errr, this is a midgame issue, by the time she's looking at a 20 second cd you're in teamfighting stage. During laning phase you're looking at a 40 second cd with a 32 second really late, not that useful when you get creepwaves every 30 seconds.

Not to mention when her r and w are on CD her roaming is about as threatening as a roaming turnip, not to mention similar threat to her laning opponent.

Also, it's a lot of MP.

Also the aoe is small, so you can't usually use it on both minion lines, and the damage isn't high enough to one-shot a minion line so you need both.

Yea, she sacrifices way too much for still pretty meh pushing power if she's gonna go that route.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sona being free this week. Cannot wait to play her and learn her finally. Might try Corki as well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
With only one game with her, she is so fun. The Corki I was laning with had absolutely no clue what he was doing though so I kept getting ganked.

Ezreal is so mean to face haha.

I had a question about Miss Fortune. She is loads of fun but what lane is she best in? I've tried mid and bot so far.

Okuser

Smash Ace
vlad is a very unsafe toplane pick nowadays. The amount of bad matchups he has is ludicrous.

Anything with a gap closer+burst (jax, irelia, jayce, akali, j4, etc etc) is automatically a counter and there are others who randomly have good matchups vs him too

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
In terms of pushing a single wave, Leblanc is stronger than Fiddle. I wasn't arguing that it made her weaker at one-shotting somebody or roaming. But mana issues, really? I guess if you decide to do it in the two minutes you don't have blue buff.

Actually nevermind, I guess fiddle would be stronger at pushing a single wave with his ult, LOL

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vlad is a very unsafe toplane pick nowadays. The amount of bad matchups he has is ludicrous.

Anything with a gap closer+burst (jax, irelia, jayce, akali, j4, etc etc) is automatically a counter and there are others who randomly have good matchups vs him too

:phone:
Vlad seems pretty unsafe in midlane as well, I mean look at how many many matchups in mid he loses statistically. Not a perfect indicator obviously, but i don't know, at least in solo queue lategame mages don't seem that strong.

In terms of pushing a single wave, Leblanc is stronger than Fiddle. I wasn't arguing that it made her weaker at one-shotting somebody or roaming. But mana issues, really? I guess if you decide to do it in the two minutes you don't have blue buff.

Actually nevermind, I guess fiddle would be stronger at pushing a single wave with his ult, LOL
Well, yea, the comparison I was making was that they both are terrible pushers.

Still, E's +50% minion damage makes him better in general at pushing, and it doesn't make him lose all threat when he does it.

Blue buff isn't assured, especially if you're always pushed in it becomes difficult if your opponents feel like contesting it.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I totally forgot about the minion damage buff to Fiddle's E. Shows how much I see that champion or play him. Which sucks, because I absolutely love Fiddle as a character, haha.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Same, fiddles is awesome I jungled him from like level 14-25 when the jungle rework hit.

Anyway not like it makes him good at pushing, just somewhat less terrible so it's sort of a moot point unless you're a middlesticks against a LB.

Them trying to push against each other would be the most pathetic thing ever.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kha is hella fun, its just hes not tanky enough if you build damage and doesnt do enough damage if you build tanky.

If he gets fed or ahead though, hes one scary mother ****er.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Seems built to hit and run, so I don't see the need to build tanky.

Besides, I'm used to that dilemma from playing pre-rework Eve for so long.

Actually on second though I'm not sure about not doing enough damage. Perhaps I should play more than one game with him before I offer any more opinions.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I play as a support, usually I play as like buffers and healers but I can't really find a good one that suits me, so right now I play Ali and he fits me well, but I almost have enough money for Ziggs or Yorick.

So who should I get? Ziggs looks fast with debuffs and lots of disruptions, whereas Yorick looks bulky with pets.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Neither are traditional supports in the current meta.

Yorick is a top-lane bully that has ridiculous sustain and relies on forcing his opponents out of lane.

Ziggs is a mid that I don't know enough about to give an accurate summary of his playstyle.

Coney

Smash Master
did TF get his powers from xerath?

just revisited the lores and apparently TF got his powers from someone named Dr. Xavier Rath

is that really xerath's etymology?

because that's ********

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
did TF get his powers from xerath?

just revisited the lores and apparently TF got his powers from someone named Dr. Xavier Rath

is that really xerath's etymology?

because that's ********
I thought Xerath was in a tomb for like 10000 years

Top Bottom