• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
if you can snowball early with darius, what is the best build to transition into late game?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So I play as a support, usually I play as like buffers and healers but I can't really find a good one that suits me, so right now I play Ali and he fits me well, but I almost have enough money for Ziggs or Yorick.

So who should I get? Ziggs looks fast with debuffs and lots of disruptions, whereas Yorick looks bulky with pets.
Traditional supports: Janna, Soraka, Sona, Lulu, Taric, Nunu, Alistar, Leona, Morgana, Lux, and Blitzcrank.. oh and Zyra -_- (counting her since used competitively)

yea there aren't that many to pick from...

There are unorthodox picks like Jarvan, Gangplank, Nautilus, Maokai, Ashe, Galio, Fiddlesticks.. and some more i guess

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Before the Urgot nerfs I remember seeing a couple Support Shacos laning with Urgot cuz urgots ult > a bush full of jitbs is gay. Lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
His name might refer to xerath, but the connection isn't that xerath gave him his powers.

I'd believe they're connected in some way but given xerath's sealed lore, it would be a legacy of some kind.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Neither are traditional supports in the current meta.

Yorick is a top-lane bully that has ridiculous sustain and relies on forcing his opponents out of lane.

Ziggs is a mid that I don't know enough about to give an accurate summary of his playstyle.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh wow i just looked at the shadow isles thing two minutes ago, and went back and it changed (or maybe mine didn't load properly last time)

Death Blossom Elise
Headless Hecarim
Haunted Maokai
Underworld Twisted Fate

sounds like those "leaked" halloween skins were mostly wrong o_o

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
She looks dumb and generic, just like Diana and Syndra and basically most of the recent female champions since Leona

D

Deleted member

I don't get it, they finally release a spider champ and somehow fail to make her, well, a spider. This is dumber than that whole shyvana thing

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

She does look a bit generic, but then again she still looks cool and the more characters the merrier I say.

This game needs more normal looking males that aren't fully clad in armour though.

Edit:

Generic and cool did I just contradict myself? Hmm, should've given her spider legs I say, as in a sort of spider version of a centaur.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Those 6 other legs are just for show

She looks exactly like Zyra

I seriously expected her to be like Cass, have a bug bottom

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh come on, they already have a spider champ. His name is Urgot.

Oh look I already came up with a new skin idea. But they'll give it to Annie instead.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.. I'll reiterate.. She looks like Zyra. Her curves, her claws, how her body is covered. Only think they changed was her head and added a skirt/cape that looks like spider legs.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
have you all seen the old spider queen, Priscilla?
I thought she was going to have the same design but with skimpier clothes.

Does nobody else think she looks like a female Sauron because of that helmet?
Yes.

I find it kind of funny that since I started paying attention to LoL the classes I've seen released has been:

Predator
Sexy female
Predator again
and now, sexy female.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The sneak peak of her death blossom skin does look kinda cool. Otherwise yeah, Elise looks like some combination of everything generic about Diana/Zyra/Syndra.
Like, I think Syndra is fun to play, but I hate her voice/lines, background story, personality, and the way she looks. It's all so incredibly generic. lol

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
looking back to back at that fire zyra skin and elise I wish that was actually a new skin for zyra and that elise's real design was like how most people had expected her to look like.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Am I the only one around here that likes Elise?

Would be nice if we got one adult female that's body type wasn't super-model/p***star
I agree, but I think from Riot's point of view it doesn't make sense. They'll probably get less sales and the character will be referred to as 'that one to appease the feminists'.

But if they want to try to strike gold and make another Alyx Vance, I would appreciate the effort.

Jem.

Smash Master
Man Riot's support team sucks or something. I opened up that ticket for my missing runepages a month ago and still haven't gotten them back. People don't appreciate when I go into ranked with just 2 runepages lol. But I hate normals and don't wanna spend money.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I agree, but I think from Riot's point of view it doesn't make sense. They'll probably get less sales and the character will be referred to as 'that one to appease the feminists'.

But if they want to try to strike gold and make another Alyx Vance, I would appreciate the effort.
About 32 million people play league on a monthly basis

Now, by riot's own statistics, slightly less then 10% of the playerbase is female, so we're looking at slightly less then 3.2 million women who play league.

I think that's a large enough base to develop champions specifically for women.

Also:

Am I the only one around here that likes Elise?
Even guys are getting tired of every single female having exactly the same body type as this illustrates.

Frankly, I don't think riot quite understands how big league is, it's still developing for mass appeal instead of recognizing that achieving high penetration in a target population is just as viable. This is the same reason why reworking Priscilla into this was probably a mistake.

Edit: Well that's a heck of a lot cooler.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I was about to complain about Ellise until I saw her ult form.

Sorry, I'm sold, lol.

I don't mind Riot making the same body type over and over again. Anyone *****ing about it is just riding the bandwagon of hate. You wouldn't even notice if these recent female champion's had been spread farther apart, tbh.

Top Bottom