• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

What's The Point

Smash Master
Ez's W will no longer has an attack speed debuff. I'm guessing people won't put a point into it till 13.

The rest is unspecified number changes. I think Rengar and Jayce will still be strong. They are like Irelia where the problem is that their kits are just to good.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In addition to his laning presence, Rengar was able to abuse his ultimate to escape from sticky situations a little too easily. Since we wanted this ability to be about hunting people down and killing them, rather than split pushing and vanishing into the woods, we decided to reduce total stealth duration on Thrill of the Hunt and increase the cooldown. This should give the decision to go on the hunt a bit more gravitas.
was kinda hoping it would be given a fadeout time kinda like Twitch has, so it's not such a stupidly strong escape ability, but remains a good iniation ability. Glad these nerfs are finally coming through though, tired of dealing with X op champ when it's not banned :(

also really looking forward to Syndra changes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Happy with the eve change they're proposing tbh, it seems to preserve her core gameplay but still taking out a fair amount of power.

Removing the AS debuff seems a bit... much. Prior to when people started maxing W he was seen as a trash tier character so unless they're giving him a heck of a buff elsewhere it sounds like he'll be trash tier again.

Would've preferred fade-out time for rengar.

Vyke

Smash Champion
phage and trinity force

on a related note, we’re also bringing the slow effect on both phage and trinity force down a peg. While this isn’t a direct nerf, both ezreal and corki (the two prime trinity force customers) can snowball pretty heavily through the added chasing potential that these items provide. To give injured opponents a better chance to escape from attackers both in top and bottom lane, we are reducing the slow effect applied by ranged attacks on both items, and reducing the slow duration on phage.
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll quote myself in the future.
But in my last or second last post in this thread I said if they remove his AS buff now he'll probably drop to insignificance due to the fact that out of all the ranged ads, he only scales damage wise better than ashe and caitlyn... who are both better auto attackers than him late game. His late game scaling was all due to an ability to scale against others. Trinity and Phage nerfs just add insult to injury really.

They decided to gut him in the same way that they did to Corki all those times ago.

Really and truly, all they're doing is turning Ezreal into what everyone called an underpowered "please please don't pick ez" where everyone maxed Q and never levelled W. Nah, it probably won't be that bad at first, but eh.

D

Deleted member

man I wake up to see they actually made elise like nidalee. why on earth would they tease us with the human form lol.

also nice nerfs incoming if those are all true (I need to read things first >_<)

also yay TT rework

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Happy with the eve change they're proposing tbh, it seems to preserve her core gameplay but still taking out a fair amount of power.
I highly disagree with this, especially with the change to DFG. It really depends on how much they reduce her damage by, but she's going to have to be exceptionally opportunistic in order to be relevant.

Granted, she is a little too good and something needed to change, but considering how bad her 1-5 is if her middle game takes too strong a hit she's going to be far too risky a pick for competitive play.

That all being said we don't know the exact numbers behind is so we'll wait and see.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Teacher Fiora looks like the perfect addition to round out team ****.
Brand skin too legit, prob gonna be 1350 at least.
Hec skin looks.. off. idk
Pirate Ryze looks ********.
Maokai and TF look meh.
Ez still gonna be really good.
The new AD caster item looks like it's gonna be core on alot of champs if it's in SR, and it builds from gp5? As a jungler I am more than pleased.

Riot gonna leave me broke.

EDIT: hmm i can't say "sloot" lol ok then

EDIT2: actually after looking at the items I'm almost positive that they are TT only, the deathcap kinda gives it away. It's a cheaper version of Rabadons, good to bring AP's up to par in the TT meta where gold income is much lower.

D

Deleted member

the soul lantern, witch cap and ichtors are gonna be TT only for sure.

I really hope the pillager is availible in SR, and wouldnt mind the torch since it could give supports a great dmg option.

Mog we need a new silly title :D

EDIT
are you f***ing kidding me riot

D

Deleted member

Morello said:
some guy said:
Are those items what riot thinks will stop stale ad carry itemization? Those items don't help AD carries at all.

The new items include a new ad caster item with HP, ARMPEN, AD, CDR. a new ap item with abuot 80ap and 10%+ mvnt speed. a new ap item that burns enemy hp after every spell cast on them. a new lifesteal item too. sadly i cant remember names or full stats :/
EDIT: but i do remember that the stats weren't high enough for ad carries to want to get these items. They have more of a bruiser fit
Leap of logic there - these are the items for Twisted Treeline, not the Season 3 stuff.
even more items confirmed for S3

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Ezreal nerfs went way too overboard. That's ridiculous. And the nerf to Triforce/Phage, while I do approve of those, will only hurt him more. They seriously only needed to change Arcance Shift...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's still an attack speed buff for Ezreal as well. It's the easiest way to get multiple passive stacks in a fight when your ult isn't an option. Despite the sentiment my title suggests, it's not as bad as it could be.

They should give him back the width on Essence Flux now, though. AP Ez would enjoy it.

Now Phage nerfs, that's something I can get behind.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Zombie Brand is 2spooky4me
[Q] - Savagery: Ferocity Bonus now deals 150% (up from 100%)
????????????????????????

Man these patch notes are the glitchiest I've seen yet. And the Essence Flux debuff removal is the ONLY listed change for Ezreal, and we already knew that was happening, what's the fuss about? You made it sound like they nerfed every one of his abilities ._.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30368045#post30368045

loooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooool

"go buy more RP please we're near the end of the year and need money"

I'm ok with the ward skins even if they're rented because they're cheap as hell (and more importantly it encourages people to ****ing buy wards) but this just screws over people who have already bought RP and have been saving it. And it's just for some dumb icons teehee

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As long as they don't hit anime breast sizes LoL is fine.

The cleavage is really the only thing I'm 95% sure no school would ever let fly for a teacher.

Cia

das kwl

Removing the AS debuff seems a bit... much. Prior to when people started maxing W he was seen as a trash tier character so unless they're giving him a heck of a buff elsewhere it sounds like he'll be trash tier again.

Would've preferred fade-out time for rengar.

I honestly wouldn't care if he fell to trash tier again.

SOOOOOOoooOOooOoOo sick of seeing ezreal in every single game i play. Normals, Ranked, proving grounds, TT.

Ezreal needs a break

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ez was trash tier prior to people figuring out that he's incredibly safe and prior to the meta shifting towards burst champions in bottom lane. W was icing on the cake. You saw Q getting maxed at World Finals anyway. It hurts, but it's not going to absolutely break the bank.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
...Ez wasnt trash tier, he was just a sleeper high/mid tier that no one ever played and was therefor thought to be bad... Then Pulsefire came out, which in turn made everyone want to play him, which is when people realized he was never bad, and actually decent. Then the buffs and boom, top tier.

Top Bottom