• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I honestly wouldn't care if he fell to trash tier again.

SOOOOOOoooOOooOoOo sick of seeing ezreal in every single game i play. Normals, Ranked, proving grounds, TT.

Ezreal needs a break
Maybe I'm a little biased because ez is my 3rd favorite character (shen and anivia beating him out) but he was trash tier for long enough.

Ez was trash tier prior to people figuring out that he's incredibly safe and prior to the meta shifting towards burst champions in bottom lane. W was icing on the cake. You saw Q getting maxed at World Finals anyway. It hurts, but it's not going to absolutely break the bank.
IIRC that was in 2v1 lanes where the AS debuff wasn't as important.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Ez WAS uncommon, til PFE. Now that everyone was playing Ez again, they started trying all kinds of ****, and thus finding out all these things.

I'm quite biased as well with Ez as my first champ and current main -- even back in the ADC mid; but there's just this stigma picking Ez nowadays that something is gonna go horribly wrong.

I might as well brush up on Syndra before she gets hot pickings from the buffs.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Ez WAS uncommon, til PFE. Now that everyone was playing Ez again, they started trying all kinds of ****, and thus finding out all these things.

I'm quite biased as well with Ez as my first champ and current main -- even back in the ADC mid; but there's just this stigma picking Ez nowadays that something is gonna go horribly wrong.

I might as well brush up on Syndra before she gets hot pickings from the buffs.
WRONG he was good as **** before pfe came out

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Back then supports actually could protect ad carries

Supports get gutted, ad carries got to fend for themself, which Ez does best

Dekar173

Justice Man
http://imgur.com/2IjSY

Story of my ****ing life. Lost 130 elo in one night with game after game of either losing stupendously due to... people like Orianna, or BARELY scraping a win with scores exactly like that.

How do I find a team if I'm low ELO, and I'm low ELO due to nothing but **** luck?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My god, how could you lose with that teamcomp, especially with that score O_O
And a fed Vayne too, what the hell?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Back then supports actually could protect ad carries

Supports get gutted, ad carries got to fend for themself, which Ez does best
I don't get why people think this, supports seem really really powerful.

I mean, I can think of a case where I nearly zoned a nunu/vayne lane pretty much by myself. Granted, they weren't very good and i did have an ADC to back me up (farming well behind the creepline even though the enemy lane was so far back they weren't even csing) , if they decided to go in on me and it IS a weak lane, but the damage she brings is just insane.

jpak

Smash Lord
http://imgur.com/2IjSY

Story of my ****ing life. Lost 130 elo in one night with game after game of either losing stupendously due to... people like Orianna, or BARELY scraping a win with scores exactly like that.

How do I find a team if I'm low ELO, and I'm low ELO due to nothing but **** luck?
You add the Vayne, talk it over see if you're in the same situation. Play together and create a team. When you're both higher, see if you want to stay together(duo/5s) or separate and find a different team.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sona destorys Nunu/Vayne

Sona can't do what she can do against those two vs Blitzcrank, and Leona/Alistar can punish Sona if they read her right and have the right ad carry partner.

The moment any bot lane gets ahead, the support can zone you out as long as the ad carry is close enough to follow up the support.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You add the Vayne, talk it over see if you're in the same situation. Play together and create a team. When you're both higher, see if you want to stay together(duo/5s) or separate and find a different team.
But jpak, I don't want to work for a team. I want to be handed all of these things.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sona destorys Nunu/Vayne

Sona can't do what she can do against those two vs Blitzcrank, and Leona/Alistar can punish Sona if they read her right and have the right ad carry partner.

The moment any bot lane gets ahead, the support can zone you out as long as the ad carry is close enough to follow up the support.
Well blitz is her legit cp, alistar however, sona both outranges ali's headbut and moves faster (edge of model targeting on AAs and skillshots versus targeted) and he's faster then her.

But that wasn't really the point, if she can 1.1 v 2 any lane, she offers a bit much.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Why does Kat have to be so popular right after she becomes my main champ?

I'll admit it's a little strange that I have a sense of entitlement to that champ. But forget that she's my girlfriend's namesake-- she's the most fun and best champ for me currently. And EVERYONE else around me is starting to play her.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm so glad Volibear's bugged roar was fixed so I can jungle him again. It's been too long, I'd forgotten how good it felt to come out of bushes and fling people to their pitiful deaths.

Vyke

Smash Champion
PBE... is true elo hell, without the elo... but all the hell.

It's really fun to stomp on people though. Instant level 30 smurf is op.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I played Syndra on PBE right before she was released and got raged at by the enemy team for playing such an op champ with an easymode ult :\
meanwhile my team raged at each other in foreign languages. All I do on PBE is wait until it calms down so I can test out new champs and stuff in custom games lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to move conscious compitencies (eg last hitting) into unconscious competencies. My csing for example is decent, but I tunnel vison on csing.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's weird because my CS is really dependent on the champ I'm playing.

Like with Sivir, Zyra, Olaf, Jax and a few others I can farm like a boss.

I guess it's just getting used to their animations and how they can wave clear quickly.

Knowing when you can get creeps without taking harass etc.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to move conscious compitencies (eg last hitting) into unconscious competencies. My csing for example is decent, but I tunnel vison on csing.
Play repeatedly and have a mind that normally allows itself to split into that double vision of watching creep HP and monitoring the minimap. It's a super common thing and a part of why people complain about MIAs.

You can force yourself to be able to do it with practice, but I don't think you'll ever be able to do it as well as someone who's already accustomed to watching a dozen things at once. I'm okay at it and I attribute a lot of it to playing shmups. It was definitely an acquired skill, but I still have issues with it, hence my previous assertion.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well, I need to force myself to do it to get used to it.

One thing I'm trying right now is looking for animations that I need to wait for (ex, the animation prior to the AA coming out, Yi's alpha strike, etc) and just every time I do it, glance at the minimap. My cs seems to be suffering a bit, but I'll get used to it in time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
well, I need to force myself to do it to get used to it.

One thing I'm trying right now is looking for animations that I need to wait for (ex, the animation prior to the AA coming out, Yi's alpha strike, etc) and just every time I do it, glance at the minimap. My cs seems to be suffering a bit, but I'll get used to it in time.
I just can trace minion wave and champion movement from my map while I look at the screen. Generally, I don't have an issue identifying characters on a map either and if I do (or if they only pop up for a half second on the edge of a ward), logical process of elimination or asking "hey, who was that over there" *ping* generally fixes it. Rarely do I need to focus on the map if I'm not checking specific things like jungle camps, towers, or the temporary sight reveal from an Ashe/Ez/Draven ult. Any lack of map awareness I get nailed for either resulted from me being an idiot and developing tunnel vision in a fight where it is a lot more focus intensive for me to land skills an position correctly or I got really lazy and essentially dozed off while doing something (afk farming bot and not seeing a jungler walk past wraiths or buying items and being late on a GP/Shen/etc ult).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
IIRC that was in 2v1 lanes where the AS debuff wasn't as important.
Missed this and you missed the point. What I'm saying is that not maxing W doesn't suddenly make you absolutely piss coated garbage. It didn't effect Ez's ability to continue to pressure and carry in both mid and late game and it isn't going to hurt his ability to both effectively poke and burst in lane. It does make him think twice before 1v1ing almost any other carry ever and more than half the bruisers.

Hitting W will just result in E getting maxed sooner which means lower CD blinks and generally angry opponents.

bassem6

Smash Lord

Least I got someone who wants to keep the dream alive.
lol. Sorry kevin but playing once every two weeks is not my idea of a dedicated 5's team. Im on like every night but we are always missing somebody.

Top Bottom