• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pretty sure people would notice, that's why they make the body type like that, it grabs the attention of the straight male gamer.

LoL has pretty much extended outside of that demographic. There's no male characters that have been given the treatment all the females seem to be getting for example (except maybe Pantheon). To appease a certain demographic, that they've managed to extend out from, they're making a lot of the females look generic.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pretty sure people would notice, that's why they make the body type like that, it grabs the attention of the straight male gamer.

LoL has pretty much extended outside of that demographic. There's no male characters that have been given the treatment all the females seem to be getting for example (except maybe Pantheon). To appease a certain demographic, that they've managed to extend out from, they're making a lot of the females look generic.
Varus

His nipple stands out

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't mind Riot making the same body type over and over again. Anyone *****ing about it is just riding the bandwagon of hate. You wouldn't even notice if these recent female champion's had been spread farther apart, tbh.
1. You don't know me very well do you? (not that you should, just if you did you'd know this isn't something new)

2. Riot has a large female playerbase, but in terms of ratio it pales in comparison to other hardcore PC games like WoW (42%). There's a lot of room for expansion if it tried to actively attract women.

That's a straight out lie. Pentakill Olaf just came out.
Pluvia is correct, but the example is incorrect.

Penta-kill olaf does not appeal to women nor does pantheon. I used to think this as well, but then I found out that it's not Thor that's all over deviant-art, it's Loki. Seriously, he's the most popular avengers character with women.

Pantheon, pentakill olaf, tryn, and the like aren't dressed and posed like that for women, they're for men to idealize. As it stands there's only one sexualized male character and in exactly 1 skin.

Tango TF.

But apparently characters that are popular with women are like varus and ez.

Coney

Smash Master
the TF rework has pretty much completely killed all the love i had for my favorite character

he looks like inspector gadget

he runs like shaggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chz8TnoznDc#t=23s

he's WAY TOO ****ING BIG

picking cards doesn't feel as good as before, is "softer"

part 2 of ult's animation is beyond awful

character looks like something out of an anime, and i hate anime

0/10 will not play

Vyke

Smash Champion
That's not really a surprise, but there are women who like Pentakill Olaf. If there wasn't, then I'd be a lot more popular, wouldn't I?

I'm just really ****ing tired of all this white knighting going on, tbh.

And I think this entire thread knows you pretty well for how much you talk and talk and talk, Adumb. Why is Okuser in the debate smash group but you aren't? lol.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pluvia is correct, but the example is incorrect.

Penta-kill olaf does not appeal to women nor does pantheon. I used to think this as well, but then I found out that it's not Thor that's all over deviant-art, it's Loki. Seriously, he's the most popular avengers character with women.

Pantheon, pentakill olaf, tryn, and the like aren't dressed and posed like that for women, they're for men to idealize. As it stands there's only one sexualized male character and in exactly 1 skin.

Tango TF.

But apparently characters that are popular with women are like varus and ez.
This is pretty much what I was going to say, though I doubt I would've put it so well.

Almost all the male characters, as in a good 98%, are monsters or things that appeal to men. They get big bulky armours or are aggressive and manly, whereas the females are young and sexy.

This appeals to the straight male demographic, but misses out pretty much everyone else.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I see whatcha guys are saying.

But your hearts really aren't in it. We'll forget it all in a month.

Or at least until another hottie comes out, yo.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's not really a surprise, but there are women who like Pentakill Olaf. If there wasn't, then I'd be a lot more popular, wouldn't I?

I'm just really ****ing tired of all this white knighting going on, tbh.

And I think this entire thread knows you pretty well for how much you talk and talk and talk, Adumb. Why is Okuser in the debate smash group but you aren't? lol.
K, apparently you can discount equalist opinions towards women by calling it white knighting, even if there are no women around to white knight.

What I'm saying is I had these opinions for a while, this isn't just brought on by so many women in a row.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I see whatcha guys are saying.

But your hearts really aren't in it. We'll forget it all in a month.

Or at least until another hottie comes out, yo.
It was one of the first things I noticed when I looked at all the champions before downloading LoL tbh. But like you said, if you haven't noticed, it seems like it should be even easier to impliment a champion (or a few) who don't instantly appeal to the main demographic by their looks.

Vyke

Smash Champion
K, apparently you can discount equalist opinions towards women by calling it white knighting, even if there are no women around to white knight.

What I'm saying is I had these opinions for a while, this isn't just brought on by so many women in a row.
I know you've had these opinions for awhile. You've told us before in the thread. I was talking about the majority of the complaints about Ellise being male, not female. If the majority of the female playerbase of League really gave that much of a ****, they'd let us know, I'm sure.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I know you've had these opinions for awhile. You've told us before in the thread. I was talking about the majority of the complaints about Ellise being male, not female. If the majority of the female playerbase of League really gave that much of a ****, they'd let us know, I'm sure.
While this is true, there are a fair number of guys who are legitimately concerned about it (a high rate are concerned about the wrong thing, but that's neither here nor there).

At the same time, pretty much every woman who plays or even is familar with the game notices this, so it's gotta have an effect on why league has such different male to female demographics then other hardcore pc games.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Cool. That's good for them. I hope Riot does come out with some obscure archetypes for females.

Please post in that thread instead of here (cus it's clearly doing more for the issue, and I'd honestly really want to hear about Adiosh's day rather than this dead horse.)

Coney

Smash Master
I think new TF looks beautiful.

But I don't play him, so that's just an outsider's opinion.
tf is by far my favorite character and really the only thing holding me from playing exclusively top nowadays, but i really can't stand to play him as he is now

Vyke

Smash Champion
The only thing I don't like about the new TF is his walk animation and the way he slides against the ground when moving while tossing Wild Cards. Everything else is amazing. He even has an animation for when he stops walking.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Cool. That's good for them. I hope Riot does come out with some obscure archetypes for females.

Please post in that thread instead of here (cus it's clearly doing more for the issue, and I'd honestly really want to hear about Adiosh's day rather than this dead horse.)
Fair enough, I doubt we're ever gonna agree on this topic so no point in discussing it further.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Did we even have a clear topic? I mean, I'm all for different womanly attributes shining through in the next few female champs. So what's there to disagree on?

Top Bottom