• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stop being so scared of jungling and just do it, watch streams if you don't know how to gank

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I used to jungle a lot actually, I just gradually realized I sucked at it.

Here's the thing, beyond the simple balance thing, being aware of when lanes are gankable by a given jungler is really difficult for me or when the enemy team is gonna gank.

As midlane I just feel powerful enough to just force it, and maybe that's because I've been play ap eve mainly when I got on this roaming mid binge, but it's also easier to realize when a lane is gankable because when you clear a lane you don't have to worry about going to the next jungle camp so it's easier to check the lanes.

Probably an issue of being bad at multitasking and just something I need to work on.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Top is always gankable unless he's at full health on his tower. Nobody ever wards the lane so you can go from lane brushes if needed.

For bot ask where the enemy warded. Generally lanes don't get warded unless your lane is already winning. If you are blue and the enemy warded river and lane just go somewhere else.

Mid is always gankable but it's a short lane. Just go in once, use no summoners but make your enemy use theirs. Then walk our of lane but just wait in the brush for like 15 seconds then go kill him. Mids rarely have both sides warded so just know which side they warded.

Early on skip double golems unless you have smite. They do alot of damage.

Never use a summoners spell unless it garuntees a kill. Jungle flash/exhaust is more imortant than your enemy's flash.

Worst case just ping a lot and run at enemies. Either your teammates come or you zone the enemy for a bit then leave.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
If you have problems ganking I'd pick derp-easy gankers like Nautilus, Maokai, or Skarner (personal opinion).
Also don't worry about guaranteed kills since even wasting a flash or ult will help out your lane a lot and could possibly push the enemy out of lane.

:038:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Generally if you gank mid very early, you can force a free flash. Go farm a camp, then come back and gank again for the kill

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Top is always gankable unless he's at full health on his tower. Nobody ever wards the lane so you can go from lane brushes if needed.

For bot ask where the enemy warded. Generally lanes don't get warded unless your lane is already winning. If you are blue and the enemy warded river and lane just go somewhere else.

Mid is always gankable but it's a short lane. Just go in once, use no summoners but make your enemy use theirs. Then walk our of lane but just wait in the brush for like 15 seconds then go kill him. Mids rarely have both sides warded so just know which side they warded.

Early on skip double golems unless you have smite. They do alot of damage.

Never use a summoners spell unless it garuntees a kill. Jungle flash/exhaust is more imortant than your enemy's flash.

Worst case just ping a lot and run at enemies. Either your teammates come or you zone the enemy for a bit then leave.
Apparently my normal elo is higher then yours, top usually gets warded after their first back.

Mid it's a toss-up if any given bush is warded.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I mean lane wards. A ward in their lane brushes. River, sometimes tri, is always warded.

Unless the jungler is also warding mid will rarely have both.sides warded. You or the mid should know where he warded.

If you don't know where a ward is try to gank. If they obviously see you then you know where the ward is.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Jungle. Middle sticks is pretty meh.

He's also an alright support, fear and silence are pretty strong. Needs items though, which is why you don't see it super often.

D

Deleted member

Thanks.

Also I'm still a bit iffy on what exactly Junglers do.
If you're on skype I can run you through all the basic/intermediate stuff if you want.

edit: to give a more direct answer, Junglers roam around the map and try to score kills for the team by ganking any of the 3 lanes

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah junglers farm what they can in the jungle, secure buffs, roam, and gank the lanes.

Typically from what i've noticed, junglers usually opt for gp10 items to make up for how little farm they get. They're usually on the tankier side with heavy cc to give kills to their lanes.

I like playing the support role so typically feel like another support when I jungle.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think the real big question is this: Will Mogwai use Pantheon or Jarvan as his red avatar on the GD?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
dream team lets go hit plat sometime this week mmmmm

D

Deleted member

Jungle. Middle sticks is pretty meh.

He's also an alright support, fear and silence are pretty strong. Needs items though, which is why you don't see it super often.

fiddle usually sucks at laning but he is arguably vlads hardest counter

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vlad doesn't strike me as a ridiculously difficult character to counter laning phase.

Honestly, the issue I see with middlesticks more then anything else is his low pushing power, putting him in the same category as leblanc.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Middlesticks is just a different variant of Leblanc, Strong CP potential, some stupid hard MUs in return.

Though giving credit his push via E is far better than what Leblanc can attempt.

Vyke

Smash Champion
What? Leblanc can W - > R and wave is gone. Don't even argue her 20 second cooldown on ult, either. >:C

@Mogwai: Should be Dragonslayer Jarvan /w Charmander face shooped on.

Top Bottom