• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MrEh

Smash Hero
The problem with Vayne in solo queue is that the facebreaker supports that she goes well with are usually banned, such as Alistar. If Vayne and her support can't flat out kill you to get ahead, the laning phase is gonna be rough for her. The rise of Ezreal and Corki makes this even more difficult nowadays as well, since they're a lot harder to catch.

Unless you can somehow get a kill or you have constant help from your jungle, it's difficult to keep up as Vayne during laning. You get bullied easily and it's hard to get stuff done.

And of course, if you somehow get to late game, you roll around and kill everyone. That's pretty difficult in solo queue though, since teams are less organized and will do a poor job protecting you compared to an organized team.

I saw your name in my user cp and got really hyped for another cheesy video. Sad face.
Maybe soon...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well also limited by having to lane vs gay stuff early on.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
man, i feel like not long ago people were saying janna >>> sona.
but that was before janna was nerfed and sona was buffed. Did that global cooldown reduction on sona push her over the edge or what?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sucks since I was a Sona player when people said she was worthless, oh well needs to happen, her poke ability is a tad too good with the CD reductions she got.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
^yeah its a real annoyance. Even 4v5 is silly and is usually a lose before the game even begins.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The problem is Sona is good at laning and in teamfights. Other supports are good in laning phase or good in team fights.. Not both like Sona

Though you can say Alistar, Blitzcrank, and Leona except the first two are banned and Leona gets poked down by Sona really hard.

i was reading through that thread and Morello said AP Lulu will not be rebuffed to be viable ;_;

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I've never understood why her ult's name is Crescendo. Other than the fact that it's louder than the rest of her abilities. In which case, it would make sense to call it sforzando or fortissimo.
How about fermata because it holds people still?

Dumb naming choice.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Isn't the crescendo literally a crescendo? It's not so much just a load sudden burst of sound like sforzando or fortissimo. I can't imagine it atm but I always thought that it built up and faded.

fermata is clever but even though theyre "still" they're grooving out haha

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Played a couple of games. Played top lane, remembered why I don't like this game anymore. Udyr 3 shotting you at level 2, so much fun playing without jungler support.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
How do I contact customer service? I bought Commando Garen a long time ago, but I can't select it now. It's probably been like this for a while, but I haven't noticed until now because he blows chodes and I never pick him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why can't all supports be as relevant as sona instead of lessening sona's impact?
Honestly, supports as an archtype are really really powerful, at least in my opinion.

Like, look at how much damage sona puts out early game, look at the how many bot lanes get 1-shoted by taric or ali level 2 if they're with a partner that can put out damage.

I'm oversimplifying I know, but I think supports pretty much define the conditions of what you can't in laning phase because they're the ones with initiation, the laning phase partner defines what happens if you make a mistake as defined by their lane opponent but you're taking a lot of damage from anyone when you're cc'd for 2 seconds.

Those that don't initiate, instead have other equally broken factors, like sona's heal which when it's leveled becomes strong enough that she'll heal off any trade.

And the other thing is since this archtype tends to bring long-term value that generally doesn't require gold to scale (or simply requires very little) it's very difficult to actually shut supports down.

I dunno, this is a reletively uneducated prospective, but I think that supports could do with some across the board nerfs.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I heard that riot wants to eliminate adc taking all the creep, and making supports HAVE to have cs to work.
I don't think this is true. But let's just say it is.

The only way to make ADCs not take all the creep is to make it so the ADCs aren't the most powerful characters when farmed. If supports have to get farm to work they're going to take it from somewhere else.

But in theory, the only way to change this is to add some other means of farming. GP5 items and runes can be considered an example of that. But anyway, right now there's 4 places to farm and 5 characters on a team. Supports have always been the character that can do the most without any items.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I heard that riot wants to eliminate adc taking all the creep, and making supports HAVE to have cs to work.
From what I read Morello said in general, they are making more alternative ways for supports to gain gold.

~

On a personal note, what do you do vs anivia post 6, it's really hard when he just presses R and pushes it hard.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I am now the highest elo smasher muahaha.

I'm going to bed, but tomorrow if anybody wants help with their AD, support or toplane add me and I'll play a couple games with you and do some free coaching.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hope it doesn't ruin Hecarim jungle cause i'm loving Hecarim jungle.

Also do you deal with Shaco jungle as a tanky jungler?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm the world's worst jungler.

I'd lose a whole game for my team if I went into the jungle at 500 elo.

And I can't learn how to jungle because I'm likely to find myself in the tribunal if I try.

Guess I'll just mid Kat every game for the rest of my life on League.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm worse then you at jungling, lol

It's wierd, because as a midlaner I love roaming, but I can't seem to properly balance farming and ganking.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
MOGWAIIIIII

dude thats excellent, seriously, idk what the position entails but Riot is only going up. Amazing opportunity, big congrats.

#late

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Nah, I'm worse at jungling than both of you.

It's hard to have one of those games where the enemy jungle has been out 3 times, and you've only been out once, but you've got camps up, and lanes are never quite ready for ganks (pushed up to enemy tower) and then team blames you for never ganking, etc. etc. etc. (and they don't respond to ganks well)

About to just start going Annie again and exploding things.

Top Bottom