• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i didnt react with it, I planned on doing a double shine grab cuz i knew he was gonna shield cuz he paused it. also hes good with up-b out of shield so i did 2 shines just in case for that reason. i dont think he would have up-b' me tho since he paused it.
oh yea I was gonna say, doubleshining against certain chars' up-B out of shield is hella good. the 2nd shine clanks bowser's up-B out of shield; I got gimpy last week with it once or twice o.o

leffen

Smash Champion
that second shine didnt even hit how is that impressive shield pressure (esp considering pause) no offense SW.

I also think that shine grab>>>doubleshine grab

that second shine didnt even hit how is that impressive shield pressure (esp considering pause) no offense SW.

I also think that shine grab>>>doubleshine grab
most of the time, yea, but i think double shine grab has its place tho. usually bladewise up-b's oos as soon as he sees shine so i tried to quickly add hitlag to cancel that out and get my grab. he basically gave me the grab cuz he paused tho lol.

edit: btw im not the one who paused it

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Ok. So I was playing a bit of friendlies with my friends last night after a tourney and I discovered something. Whenever Falcon dthrows you off of the stage, DI downwards and then shine out of hit stun to prevent falcon from kneeing you. I used this two times in a row and I was successful. The shine also pushes Falcon to the bottom of the stage allowing a free stock on your part. This method is extremely useful on Battle Field and Fountain of Dreams.

EWC

Smash Ace
It should work if the falcon tries to d-zone at really low percents, before it becomes a legit combo. Not sure when that is, but it's probably worth doing in whatever the range ends up being.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Social Thread beats this by about 400 pages (40ppp).

Pengie

Smash Lord
Me vs HTG (Bad edgeguarding is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad)
Me vs 3
Me vs Dark Sonic (2nd match makes me cry >___>)

Here's some videos that I got recorded from last month's tournament and I was hoping to get some feedback from others. Anyone have any helpful comments?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just watch your videos and see if there are moves you throw out that never would have hit him in a million years

Pengie

Smash Lord
Alright after I rewatched the matches against HTG and 3 I see what you guys were talking about; thanks ^__^. Is there anything else that I should try to tweak (approaches, recovery, shield pressure, etc.)?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Can some one explain to me your options out of jab reset.
Like say I get down thrown by a sheik and I miss the tech in front of him and he jabs me. I know things like rolling and such are possible after getting jabbed. Can you do get up attack? Or jump? If so how?

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
If you're below a certain percent, you get no options if you don't DI the jab reset. If you DI it enough, then you can do any option including get up attack.

Pengie: In the first 35 seconds of your match vs 3, you messed up your shortened illusion. It would've worked if you didn't mess up. The second recovery, you could've firefox'd diagonally for the ledge and avoided getting punished. Then it happens again, where you firefox straight at him, instead of going for the ledge. If the opponent isn't covering that option, it's almost always your best bet.

I guess I'll make a write up later about your matches, but I'm currently trying to get something to work atm.

A lot of it is probably going to be about how you mess up certain things that probably would've worked if you either aim better, or didn't fail tech skill at that moment.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You lack solid pressure. You mix it up what exactly you do, but theres this overall pattern of pressure - run away - re-approach for more pressure. The run away part negates the pressure you did in the first part and the re-approach is therefore no better than the initial approach -- it might even be worse since its predictable that you will attempt to get back inside. You can see the marth player waits for you to back off and then puts out an attack for you to walk into on the re-approach.

You have decent tech skill but you don't really know how to hold space, pressure or link attacks. Linking attacks is what people generally call combos, but most combos are actually build off positional advantages and not true hitstun. You should learn your general 2-3 hit combos and learn how your positioning effects (and limits) your opponents effective choices.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i66Z6v6IqLM&feature=related

A vid of my fox vs my friend's Marth. Feedback on what I'm doing wrong is greatly appreciated.
Please DI away from Marth when he's doing aerial combos ... he has no scary finishers, Nair is multihit so you can react to that, and being on the receiving end of a Ken combo is a little embarrassing these days :lick:

I was going to say learn how to angle Firefox to get past Fsmash but you do a good angle later on, so I'm not sure what to say on that ... the Marth looks like he's content to just do Fsmashes when you're below the stage Firefoxing so burn him for being lazy

I saw a decent ledgedash though, good **** :bee:

Also Nair -> grab is easy enough to hitconfirm when he doesn't CC it
Alternatively Nair -> uptilt when he's at low %

PB&J

Smash Hero
who ever is going to rom ,we must play, and if anyone is getting a hotel tomorrow you can play me there too.

oh and i love shine grab,double shine grab is really good, druggedfox does it alot as a mix up

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Palpi we can def play.....pb&j I played u once in teams last rom but not singles lets change that

Top Bottom