• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

PB&J

Smash Hero
Ok,we can play,I want to record all my matches I play,I have a portable recorder that records straight to usb

Edit- Last time ill ask this,who will be at the hotel tonight because I want to play some people,ill throw some money or something if I can stay a night.I know ambix is staying there but i don't know what room he is in. Please call me if your staying at the hotel tonight. 631-484-0733. I promise ill give you some good games who ever you are.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
when i usmash people OOS, alot of the time they go up as if they were hit at like 40% when they're actually at like 120%..is this a result of them SDI'ng down, or is it a usmash OOS property?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
It's because you're doing it too late and they're having enough time to crouch cancel. Iirc crouching activates in 1 frame so unless it's a true punish they'l have that one frame to crouch --> CC it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I'm sure you're right but im left a little skeptical just because i feel i'm usmashing OOS quite fast in reaction to seeing them hitting the top of my shield, i can't imagine them having enough time to land, l cancel, and then crouch before im usmashing.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'm sure you're right but im left a little skeptical just because i feel i'm usmashing OOS quite fast in reaction to seeing them hitting the top of my shield, i can't imagine them having enough time to land, l cancel, and then crouch before im usmashing.
Fair enough, I can understand being skeptical. The only reason I maintain what I said is that... I can't think of another reason xD

Maybe someone else knows something

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the modding system here is terrible. crush can make a troll post every single time he posts

but i cant censor dodge

andddd if for whatever reason you aren't trolling

im sure you can see why i didn't expect your post to be real :) cry wolf!

73 sounds like way too many. You don't have to fully crouch to cancel your dash, you can do stuff as soon as you begin the crouch animation.

:phone:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I'm positive it's CCing. Reacting to something while making a choice takes much longer than you might think (as opposed to committing to an action beforehand and reacting to when to start the action).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
when i usmash people OOS, alot of the time they go up as if they were hit at like 40% when they're actually at like 120%..is this a result of them SDI'ng down, or is it a usmash OOS property?
thats CC 4 sure, the only possible explanation other that is u are hitting with a weird point in the up smash and their di compensates making them seem to travel hardly at all, and I doubt this is the reason.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Palpi: HYPE. You lucky person, I wish I could go. When you crush Peepee, tell him I said hello. :)

Seriously though, good luck.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Really wish I was at ROM now.

For crying out loud, I heard a radio ad about a Thanksgiving sale in Nanuet and I couldn't think about anything else. It was torture.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I 2 0'd azen but there was a 3 way tie for first in out pool we had to replay and he 2 1'd me. First game was fox falco 2nd was fox fox. 2nd set he went sheik. Ill be workin extra hard for apex

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys feel about WD oos into shine vs Falco (for example, after an approaching laser)? It's something that has been working for me lately but I don't get very many opportunities to actually try it on a good Falco

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im a big fan of WD OoS Shine in many matchups. Its your fastest attack for that range and has guaranteed followups.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I kinda just Shine OoS and then follow up because I've been waveshining longer than I've been doing WD OoS.

But I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does anyone have problems Shai dropping / shield dropping in one direction but not the other? I can do them almost 100% going to the left, but almost not at all going to the right <_<

*Edit*
Almost instantly figure it out myself <_<
I dashdance a little crooked, so when I go to the left I'm above the middle and when I go right I'm below ... so I think I'm not moving my control stick down far enough for it to register when I go to the right most of the time
How stupid -_-

joeplicate

Smash Master
something similar happens to me

i think i dash dance with the control stick pointed a little bit down, in the perfect wavedash position
it's done some weird stuff to my control i think =\

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well now I can Shai drop pretty well both ways, just need to figure out how to actually ... play Fox now
=_=

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
What are some of Fox's options after a shield drop, presuming that the opponent is still on the platform from pressuring the shield or something?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well you're suddenly below them if they're up there, Bair is pretty good at getting people above you especially if they're surprised
Also good for getting Marths uptilting you from below, just get them with a falling Bair or something

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so Im finally accepting the Fact that Im a spacie main, my old main was Marth, but I played too aggressive to be effective. Now my current issue is that I start off most matches kinda... "weak" if you will, like my tech skill isnt there, speed, comboing ability and everything but after about a stock it all kicks in. Now is this just a consistency issue where I need to just keep practicing or what? Any thoughts?

Top Bottom