• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Lovage

Smash Hero
i think the most efficient/reliable move to poke thru shields is dair

correctly executing 2-3 nair shines and then 1 dair shine will more than likely poke thru their shield and hit with a dair or shine. uair is cool but has too long of a startup to be reliable. it's 2011 no1 sits in their shield for that long during pressure anymore lol. (unless they're shield camping cuz u cant grab combo at the percent they're at.)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
yes I know, but i was missing all of my wave dashes. random spot dodges and short hops were failed attempts.

I played last tournament with a no-spring controller to power shield easier. This tournament I put it back in, but the right trigger wasn't put back on properly, and so I still couldn't analog shield, messing me up. My WD OOS accuracy was something like 5-10% for the entire day. Put everything back together Monday, and everything works properly.

Also, if you think I'm just johning, watch any of my sets from before this tournament. I do it to Shiek/Peach ALL the time. :p

I do agree with the waveshine -> dsmash. I see several occasions that it would have been a better option than whatever it was I went for.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I would look at the matches in more detail but I have a **** ton of homework. :)

I am gonna post my money match with kage's falcon once it is uploaded...I didn't play as well as I'd hoped, but I managed to win a game.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
This Is Fox thread, and stuff so I did wanna say

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

However for those of you viewing this thread now (as im posting)
Happy thanksgiving you guys!! n_n <3 you guys!

And for everyone else who views this thread later...etc..
Happy Thanksgiving!!

~Vman~

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Always recover and spam upsmash OoS
Also grab people a lot because people sit in shield more in teams
Bair whenever you see someone flying toward you

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Fox can do pretty much anything he wants because he's broken.

*He can stock tank by platform camping and recovering high with a good peach/falcon/sheik/Puff
*He can rush *****s **** down with a good conservative teammate
*He can usmash people at ****ing random
*Grab people easily
*Hit people out of grabs easily
*Continue partner combos full-screen
*Bair people who come into your airspace

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
hmm. Mango says to never grab in teams
mango doesn't like grabbing. at least, at P5 i was watching him play amsah and doing tons of shield pressure and someone shouted 'just grab him!' and he replied 'i dont like grabbing.'

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say never but it's pretty bad when there's an opponent beside you, it's better to do it when the opponent is far away to start a massive 2v1 combo by reacting to the throw or just react to your ally's habit. Like let him do the combo first then hit him or hit him right after the throw, it depends how the team works.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ok fine haha it's a little more situational than that
But I think some people (a lot of people?) stay in shield a lot in teams and you can get a lot of free ones that way

Also if your teammate is a Jiggs or something with a kill move and you aren't playing against like ... a team that includes Falcon / Jiggs / someone else who can kill / put tons of damage on you instantly then I think grabbing benefits you a lot

So like, if the opposing team doesn't have ...
Jiggs
Peach
Falcon
Ganon
or something

Or just grab a lot in 2v1s <_< maybe that's what I was trying to say ... whatever
I think grabbing is great if you're smart about it

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Fox can do pretty much anything he wants because he's broken.

*He can stock tank by platform camping and recovering high with a good peach/falcon/sheik/Puff
*He can rush *****s **** down with a good conservative teammate
*He can usmash people at ****ing random
*Grab people easily
*Hit people out of grabs easily
*Continue partner combos full-screen
*Bair people who come into your airspace
I lol'ed after hearing this from a falco main.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I agree with his points, but it was posted on the fox thread. We can't discredit or own character on this thread.

Beat!

Smash Master
Wait, so you're just mad because he called Fox "broken"? Lmao.

And all things aside, You can't deny that Fox IS extremely good in teams. Anyone will tell you that.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Fox is arguably the best singles character, but i'm pretty certain he is the best in teams.

unknown522

Some guy
I wouldn't say never but it's pretty bad when there's an opponent beside you, it's better to do it when the opponent is far away to start a massive 2v1 combo by reacting to the throw or just react to your ally's habit. Like let him do the combo first then hit him or hit him right after the throw, it depends how the team works.
Ok fine haha it's a little more situational than that
But I think some people (a lot of people?) stay in shield a lot in teams and you can get a lot of free ones that way

Also if your teammate is a Jiggs or something with a kill move and you aren't playing against like ... a team that includes Falcon / Jiggs / someone else who can kill / put tons of damage on you instantly then I think grabbing benefits you a lot

So like, if the opposing team doesn't have ...
Jiggs
Peach
Falcon
Ganon
or something

Or just grab a lot in 2v1s <_< maybe that's what I was trying to say ... whatever
I think grabbing is great if you're smart about it
oh, I'm just saying that he said that.

I grab in teams when I can

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I played Fox before I switched to Falco. I still use Fox 99% of the time in teams, and I go Fox vs Falco because Falco is free, and vs Shiek on FD, because Shiek is free on FD.

Dart!

Smash Master
yeah falco has to be one of foxes hardest matchups. not that it isn't even or slight favor (i think its slight advantage falco. stagewise and stage controlwise)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think Fox has nice cool combos on his rival. Just...not to the extent that Falco has them on him.

Top Bottom