• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well sometimes its good information, sometimes its worth reading as much as the other things on the page. I'll be nice and keep it at 5%.

edit-
I wonder how much i have to spam to have my sig show?

edit2-
you'll like it when it shows, brookman

edit3-
i'm telling ya, its gonna be funny and you wont be so bitter about my hatorade

edit4-
damn this is taking forever...... i should just give up and do hw...

edit5-
but im sooooo close!

edit6-
damn are they even showing signatures off edits anymore?

edit7-
double checked that "show my signature" was checked.....

edit8-
i hope i dont summon all the moderators at once....

edit9-
**** it, im done talking, ima spam characters until it appears.

edit10-
ajkshdfjahsildfhiauhsdfkjhaskjdfhkjahsdfkjhakjsdfhkjahsdkjfhkajsdhfkjahsdfkjansdklfnmioanmiofnioawqrfioqhjprjpqowflioasdfjaofiasiohsodifjnasdfijansdfjoiqwofjoiwqefhioajsdifhioajweifhofhajfhijqrfqwfihasodfihjaikshdfiohqjwioedfhashjdfiashdfiojaquwehfuqhwefhaoisdjfioajsdiofhjioqwejfioqhfiojaoisdjfiohqpfujpqfjoawijhfioajsdiofhoaiwefjioqjfiojasdfjapodjfiohjqwioefjoqiwejfioqhjwefpoqjpfjiowqejfioqwef

L__

Smash Master
how do you guys define someone's main? their best character or the one they've been using in tournament at a given time?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
guys what are characteristics of a good fox besides tech skill
Choosing when to attack; if fox isn't choosing when to attack, you're not abusing what makes him a good character.*** (fox specific)

Otherwise, the same things that make anybody good with any character:

Consistent, good decision making with edgeguarding, comboing, DI, recoveries etc. Of course the specifics are different for every character, but a good fox is no different in the sense that you'll notice these with any good fox.

Palpi

Smash Hero
how do you guys define someone's main? their best character or the one they've been using in tournament at a given time?
I would say their double blind pick character choice is their main.

I play a few characters around the skill level of my fox, but Fox is my double blind pick because I am more comfortable in more match ups with him, so I guess he is my main ;)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
are there people who are actually using the double blind system.

ive just never really seen or heard of a hype *** match where somebody calls double blind.

alot of people, to my knowledge don't switch from their mains with the exception of a known secondary.

:phone:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
genesis is gonna raaaaaaaaaape

i hope a lotta fox player can make it out

raynex where you at :(
Imma try my best to come out. I've wanted to fly out to Cali for the looongest time.

In other news, EC Canada is having a pretty big tourny this Saturday. It just so happens that this guy is going:

Ya I hope a lot of Fox players go.. so I can punch them! =D
This Saturday, I'm going to waveshine you twelve million times Kage.

IN REVERSE

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh man there's a tournament for the first time in 3 months this Sunday too so I'm really excited for that :D

Especially because I've been in a smash funk (and an irl funk - I think it's related LOL) for over a month now, cuz my old controller broke. BUT I just got home from staying like 5 days at thunders's house and he sold me one of his good controllers too ^___^ I'm so hype for smash again lol.

Also, I tend to think one of the characteristics of a good fox is when you realize that you don't HAVE to play Fox like... "Fox." As in "stereotypical Fox." so, when you're able to control your autopilot tendencies and abuse fox's mobility not just for aggression but also in just dictating the flow of the match in general.

Edit: which is pretty much what druggedfox said I guess lol

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Imma try my best to come out. I've wanted to fly out to Cali for the looongest time.

In other news, EC Canada is having a pretty big tourny this Saturday. It just so happens that this guy is going:

This Saturday, I'm going to waveshine you twelve million times Kage.

IN REVERSE
Kage said he wants to get at least third at EC.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
With ICs, you have to shine more.

separating them is key to winning. don't be to predictable. I saw a lot of times were you approached with a nair and they would shield and then they would spam dsmash. You can probably empty jump over them then bthrow Nana for a mix up.

Oh yea dont dair them when their together. They can spam dsmash to punish you.

Most importantly, shine them.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Kage, I hear you don't do as well in canada as you do in the US. I think you should step it up and win.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
suppose falco dairs your shield and starts pressuring your shield with utilt, and your out of range for a shine oos. What should I do? Any advice?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
shield di away against the down air and grab the shine. the range on falco's shine is piss poor. This **** works.
that like super 100% absolutely does not ever work when falco utilts instead of shining... you can't grab a shine that doesn't come out bro!

tl;dr read the post your replying to dude

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LMAO. Foxlisk is passing the torch. I called him out for not reading and here he is calling somebody else out haha. This is also how **** spreads.

either way harbinger, its a bad idea to just grab because u are expecting the shine...of course if its working then go for it, but dont expect it to work. If they catch on they will stop shining **** you up in your grab lag.

Holding away will shield DI you out of range of the uptilt and then u can roll, WD back, dash away etc. Trying to beat it will probably result in u getting combo'd

Top Bottom