• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Chain Grab List

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Some characters can footstool you out of the boost grab when you're chain grabbing them.

Choice

Smash Champion
is it sposed to be stricter with yoshi or something? i dont see him really having any quick options to escape.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
With Falco, I don't see how it could be much harder than anyone else. Like I said, I've never had trouble with it. Yoshi's n-air and jab are pretty fast but I don't think that would matter much against Falco.

For DeDeDe, I think Yoshi one of the more strict timings, but not the most strict. I'm not 100% on that, though. Like, Yoshi doesn't seem as hard to CG as say, Peach, Marth, Pit, Diddy, etc. but he seems harder than the average character to chaingrab for me.

This is all just personal experience though, and my DeDeDe is a bit rusty in singles.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
For DeDeDe, I think Yoshi one of the more strict timings, but not the most strict. I'm not 100% on that, though. Like, Yoshi doesn't seem as hard to CG as say, Peach, Marth, Pit, Diddy, etc. but he seems harder than the average character to chaingrab for me.

This is all just personal experience though, and my DeDeDe is a bit rusty in singles.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237961&highlight=hate

read this guide it should help

CGing yoshi isnt that big of a deal. What is a big deal is CGing marth. If you can successfully CG marth from one side of final D to the other n back again then congrats on CGing the hardest one of them all because the CG on marth is frame perfect.

Def practice CGing marth then try it on yoshi you'll tell immediately theres a difference n slide

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237961&highlight=hate

read this guide it should help

CGing yoshi isnt that big of a deal. What is a big deal is CGing marth. If you can successfully CG marth from one side of final D to the other n back again then congrats on CGing the hardest one of them all because the CG on marth is frame perfect.

Def practice CGing marth then try it on yoshi you'll tell immediately theres a difference n slide
Thanks for the link. I'm familiar with Vayseth's guide, I've just always felt that something is amiss with that "Average" section. It seems like it should be split up into two sections maybe.

For instance, chain-grabbing ROB, Wario, etc. is really easy-- you don't even have to try, really. However, chain-grabbing Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, etc. is noticeably more difficult to me. It's not particularly "hard", but it seems to require a very noticeable effort, compared to the thoughtless ones like Wario, ROB, etc.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wait so how do you CG Olimar? 7 times? wtf?

I tend to have trouble.
The dash grab timing is really tricky and has to be practiced a lot against a controlled Olimar, which doesn't really occur that often. That's why I use the boost grab to CG Olimar; every Falco I've taught this way went from getting two grabs only to five (maximum amount of grabs w/ boost).

erick gm14

Smash Ace
do u have to buffer the boost grab? like how DEHF buffers the walk CG for rob since i never go past 3 CGs and he goes for like 5 xDD

clowsui

Smash Legend
@KiD yeah boost grabs should be buffered
walk CG buffer is really easy too lol, just hold forward as soon as you're done inputting down

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
The timing for Rob's walking chaingrab is difficult, you have to be very precise or else you'll after a few.

Lucario can footstool you if you try to boost grab.

I'm sure it works, the timing just gets difficult after 3 or 4. I'll test it out with later just make sure.
quedtion how did you learn who to walk or dash chain grab?

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
What is a boost grab? I'm familiar with boost pivot grab, but whats the boost grab?
A boost grab is an extension of the grab range of a dash grab. (I think it extents falco's it by 50% but I could be wrong) Although it doesn't extend all characters grab ranges it decreases some and does nothing to others.

You know how you make an input for the Boost Pivot Grab? Same idea, but without the pivot part. Dash -> c-stick (down) -> grab
This is a quote from xeylode.

Choice

Smash Champion
boost grab is done same way boost pivot is but without the pivot.

dash attack -> grab.
forward + c-stick down -> z

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@KiD yeah boost grabs should be buffered
walk CG buffer is really easy too lol, just hold forward as soon as you're done inputting down
Even easier :
1-hold forward
2-grab
3-C stick down while holding the grab button = Dthrow
4-release grab button and Cstick
5-goto1

And I'm pretty sure you can CG TL 7 times if you manage to pull out the BPG on ledge.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
When CGing Marth, can you boost grab instead of dash grab early in the CG. Sine boost has more range, I would think you would be able to grab him earlier in the grab's frames, although I'm not particularly sure grabs work that way.
I suck at CGing Marth so bad...

Choice

Smash Champion
mmm i'm not sure if you can, but if you can you're just making it harder for yourself since you're having to buffer 1 extra input.

F200172853

Smash Cadet
The site is truly amazing.

It contains DEHF, BluB, and SK92.

This is perfect to make my Falco even better, and research Match-Ups.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hey srs questoin time : when you CG Marth do you buffer the whole dashgrab/boost grab or just the dash ?
Everytime I've tried to buffer the whole thing it seems like I grab too early and get my face DS'd.
So buffer dash then grab, or buffer dashgrab at once ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bump. Linking this to the ask a question thread.

Can this get a sticky because it's good information that was buried three pages back. The link in the tips thread is well and good, but it's sooooooo easily overlooked. This thread's title isn't.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Bump. Linking this to the ask a question thread.

Can this get a sticky because it's good information that was buried three pages back. The link in the tips thread is well and good, but it's sooooooo easily overlooked. This thread's title isn't.
I'm agreeing with this, I saw this a while back, and came looking for it again, but couldn't find it, Glad someone found it.

Also, I feel I should note what I've found for Cg's.
Fox can be Buffered standing CG'd till 43% and if you buffer a Usmash after the last, it will hit Fox.
Wolf is a Buffered Standing Cg to 48%, basically, same as Fox.
I know Mario can be standing Cg'd as well, but, it's tough as hell for some reason.
On Dk/Bowser, if they don't buffer an Air Dodge, you can buffer a Usmash from standing and hit them, it works 'til around 70%.

For vs Sheik/ Squirtle/ Falco - The first 2 grabs can be standing, from about 0-5%.
I don't know if this is bad timing or not, but, if I dash grab Pikachu, they can Dair before I grab them, so, walking only works, from what I've seen.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Can anyone make a video of how to chain grab Marth?

And I think it should be stickied as well. It would be so helpful...

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Can anyone make a video of how to chain grab Marth?

And I think it should be stickied as well. It would be so helpful...
"* = you're chain grabbing Marth and must dash grab for first 4 grabs (you can also walk on the very first grab), then boost grab for last 2."
What is so difficult about that? Just practice.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
People don't know how to boost grab or think they don't and haven't put in the practice on the timing.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
That's their own ****ing fault.

There's already a **** ton of support and resources that can be utilized to learn. Don't ***** and ask for step-by-step instructions cause we already have it LOL

Work doesn't kill...

Sorry, but I have to ask.
-Dr3w-, are you mad? :awesome:

I would like to know what one expects to see in the video before making one. I sort of agree that
dthrow -> dash -> grab ->
dthrow -> dash -> dash attack cancel grab
dthrow -> dash -> dash attack cancel grab
is pretty straight forward on marth. If you get hit out of it, you simply aren't doing it fast enough.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
That's their own ****ing fault.

There's already a **** ton of support and resources that can be utilized to learn. Don't ***** and ask for step-by-step instructions cause we already have it LOL

Work doesn't kill...
I was just asking a simple question because I was confused. :l

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I think people should try to solve their problems before asking about it.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Ok well I totally understand what you're saying. I apologize that I came across as lazy. Believe me, I've been putting my time into improving at the game just like anyone else and I've been reading smashboards daily... I just haven't been playing as long since I'm newer to the competitive Smash scene so I'm not as familiar with some of the things such as boost grabbing. I simply asked about a video because I wanted to see what it looked like, however I think it makes sense now.

I'm here to learn, not to cause problems. I'm going to go master this grab so I can shock my friend who plays Marth this weekend :D (he doesn't know Marth can be grabbed more than twice, or at least he claims that)

Top Bottom