• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo's MK is insane. INSANE.

Hyro

Smash Lord
i just clicked the link, saw a blurry screen and then metaknight was the winner

lolwut

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
If you guys didn't, one of toon link's worst match ups is Meta Knight cause TL's sword can't extend as far making it easy for MK to shield and attack out of the shield. Toon link's projectiles can only do so much and his recovery is only decent so the match up would usually go to MK... I don't know where people get the idea that TL is good against a good MK...

Even so, Dojo is really good with MK.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Very nice.

I should come to Texas and play you. TGM wasn't lying when he said you where the best MK in Texas.

How do you do against Stiltz' MK? And against Roy's Marth (I'm pretty sure you can beat Roy_r;)?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Clouderz u r teh best don wurry

But in all seriousness, I don't think any other character besides another mk can stand a chance against dojo's, try mindgaming that **** and watch what happens
Unless you use DDD and your name is Fogo :)

I like some of your ideas, pretty good
Ahhh too pro! I can't wait until you get down here!

Vayseth

Smash Master
I tell ya what... I watched the whole series between Santi and Dojo. I watched their May, June, and July matches leading up to this one to see how these guys have progressed coming into September. All I have to say is these guys have progressed a lot. I think Dojo has won every match (lol) but it has definitely gotten closer, up until these matches lol.

Point is, seeing how much both players have progressed each month shows a lot about how deep this game really is and how much more we all have to learn. Great job both of you guys and GL against the east and west coast.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Very nice.

I should come to Texas and play you. TGM wasn't lying when he said you where the best MK in Texas.

How do you do against Stiltz' MK? And against Roy's Marth (I'm pretty sure you can beat Roy_r;)?
That would be fun.
People seem to think my MK is better than Stiltz. I beat him 2 sets of 2-0 at Hylians. He got me 3-0 at HOBO 10. I feel I progress alot after each tourney I attend so I'm interested to face him again. I beat Roy 2-0 at Hobo 10, but he was still rusty from no play for a long time. He's a really good player and a great Texas rep for us, so I hope he gets back up to where he should be.

Unless you use DDD and your name is Fogo :)

Ahhh too pro! I can't wait until you get down here!
You see a guy like me...

I can't be stopped. XD
Lol Joker impressions ftw.

I tell ya what... I watched the whole series between Santi and Dojo. I watched their May, June, and July matches leading up to this one to see how these guys have progressed coming into September. All I have to say is these guys have progressed a lot. I think Dojo has won every match (lol) but it has definitely gotten closer, up until these matches lol.

Point is, seeing how much both players have progressed each month shows a lot about how deep this game really is and how much more we all have to learn. Great job both of you guys and GL against the east and west coast.
I've watched them all again too. It's so insane to see how much better we both got. And I'm sure we both have alot more to learn which gets me thinking.

How much better will we be in another 6 months? I'm interested to see how far this game can really go. I love this game and we both keep progressing so fast. It's a good feeling to know how much work we've done has payed off.

And for the record. After I gimped his first stock on the very first match he pretty much gave out on me. If he wanted to make them close matches they all would've gone to time pretty much. Would've taken up to 30 minutes for a set and the loser still had to play Hylian. He knew deep inside I would split with him anyways. XD

Gates

Banned via Warnings
EDIT: I'm a ******* who gets peoples' tags confused.

Still, good **** Dojo.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
That guys meta knight is pretty good but its just another meta. If he did all that as captain falcon then id be impressed. His MK is beastly but its just mk who is beastly enough on his own.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Dojo, you must teach me your ways when Kansas comes down to HOBO.

You must...

You must...
You must...

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
WOW.
That was frikkin fast.
Ludicrous Speed fast.

I'm glad to know that Santi wasn't trying super-hard, cuz I know TL can put up a better fight than that. Still, no joke about Dojo being super-aggressive. Almost makes me ashamed to play MK.
Almost.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Dojo's MK makes mine look like complete **** :(

I need to step it up and learn from these vids!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I believe Santi has won one match using Marth. :)

So I'm sure there's more.

And I second, third, fourth, whatever the fact that an M2K / Dojo match will kick some serious face.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
People are comparing this MK to M2K's???

From the vids I seen of M2K, I would have to say M2K is much better. M2K's spacing is perfect and his traps are amazing.

Dojo is very good, though.

Dojo I seen something I like from you. 2 things actually. I'm gonna have to play around with them to see if I wanna copy it or not. XD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
holy **** biscuits that makes me NOT hate MK, strangely.

Reminds me of how it felt playing Forte's MK for the first time back in like May...completely overwhelmed

for real though, it's like watching a really really good Sheik in Melee who isn't "gay" and even if you hate Sheik [and I do beyond reason] it somehow makes you say "wow what a great ****ing character"

good **** on posting this

Ulevo

Smash Master
Between Dojo and Hylians Meta Knights, I've been really excited to attempt to revise my Meta Knight game differently.

Gotta love the Texas Smashers. :)

EDIT: M2K is still perfect though. :ohwell:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Dojo is a great MK. He is just so used to playing Santi, so he knows his style already. Which is why he did so well. And Santi wasnt trying his best, obviously. It was fun to look at, but it wasn't anything new.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
holy **** biscuits that makes me NOT hate MK, strangely.

Reminds me of how it felt playing Forte's MK for the first time back in like May...completely overwhelmed

for real though, it's like watching a really really good Sheik in Melee who isn't "gay" and even if you hate Sheik [and I do beyond reason] it somehow makes you say "wow what a great ****ing character"

good **** on posting this
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dojo is wonderful!

Saltix

Smash Lord
These videos almost made me drop Falco and Lucario.
and main MK.

Dojo. omg. I need to get some SERIOUS MK training in :p
how the **** do you move your fingers this fast >__>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Finger speed? Hah.

More like he knows the duration of each move and developed a very interesting way to uphold his aggression via cool Dojo attack patterns.

I saw a LOT of uair, jump nair, uair. Lots of dair to control vertical space. His style is excellent.

Spacing for him is not just left and right, but also up and down.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Finger speed? Hah.

More like he knows the duration of each move and developed a very interesting way to uphold his aggression via cool Dojo attack patterns.

I saw a LOT of uair, jump nair, uair. Lots of dair to control vertical space. His style is excellent.

Spacing for him is not just left and right, but also up and down.
*studies and downloads everyone of DOJO's video's*
:)

Top Bottom