• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Sky`

Smash Lord
Cultivate your hunger before you Idealise

I have a question for you brawl +ers...

This is only what I've heard, Please correct me.

Is it true that... Like the Brawl + community regards this game better than Brawl?

No flames. >_< Just trying to get educated about Brawl +.​

Motivate your anger, and make them all realise...

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Of course we enjoy this game more than regular Brawl or else we wouldn't be investing all of this time into it.

:)

If you're getting educated about Brawl+, I recommend checking out the FAQ and the Podcasts. But the best way to get educated is to try it out! Hope on our IRC chat room or PM myself if you need help installing it.

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Is it true that... Like the Brawl + community regards this game better than Brawl?

Why I believe the game is a superior game competitive wise, as in its a more competitive game. Whether Brawl+ is a better game than Brawl is nothing more than an opinion.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Most everyone who is part of the brawL+ community likes it better then regular brawl. Rather it's better or not is up to your interpretation. Everyone has a different opinion.

I personally love brawl+. Much more then i ever loved vbrawl

also, nice use of font colors:laugh:

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I think that requires more than a "yes, no" answer

I think we all respect vBrawl for what it is, but enjoy brawl+ for a more competitive, fast, and fun experience, it is why we are making it. You should try it yourself and see what you think. It has a great feel and is not melee 2.0 but in fact has some parts and feel from regular brawl, melee, and even smash 64.

Revven

FrankerZ

Most of us feel it is better, yes, simply because it removes a lot of what made Brawl totally campy and overall a pretty defensive game. It's a lot more fun in this regard, as well as better in a lot of ways as well (such as removing dumb things like the Triple Jump Glitch or adding something as simple as dash dancing). IMO, Brawl+ excels better at competition than Brawl does. You may not feel the same way, I understand, but, I like Brawl+ way more because it eliminates a lot of the stupid tactics that are still actually allowed in Brawl tournaments (such as planking).

Just IMO though.

@spunit: I noticed it, it's INCREDIBLE that you managed to cut it down to ONE LINE OMGZLKJIAENSFIPUUUUUSPASM. We're currently discussing what to do now with the free space we have (long as the code works well, I haven't tested it yet).

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
It uses the games tech mechanics so no, also a value over 254 (0xFE) like 0x100 will cause auto teching.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Tbh, I see the reverse knee implemented in this manner as possibly actually really screwing with edgeguards. Before, if you missed the sweetspot when edgeguarding, you could just double jump uair which knocks them further off. Now, if you slightly mistime it, they'll just be sent back to the stage, and you'll be the one getting edgeguarded.

That's if I'm understanding the way you implemented this correctly. You just made the second hitbox send backwards with more knockback, yes? I think that a longer sweetspot would be more beneficial, and if you really want a reverse knee, you can just RAR one. Making the backwards hit go by different rules than the rest of the game just seems a little odd to me.
No leaf this isn't correct. According to spunit, the backwards hitbox on the sweetspotted knee is there and sakurai turned it into a flub for whatever uncompetitive reason he could come up with. The code fixes the intentional mistake by restoring the sweetspotted knee hitbox back to what it should have been. You still have two flub hitboxes after this
I thought it was making the move operate like the rest of the game from what kupo described. Also if you have to time it well or there are consequences, isn't that a good thing?
It is. Leaf just misunderstood
I keep getting freezes with the new teching code Spunit.
I'll give it a whirl

Great job spunit. And ledge teching possible? Awesome. I'll update my thread

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Great job spunit. And ledge teching possible? Awesome. I'll update my thread
I think what PW originally found might be related, because the game does use a timer for teching. I can't be sure though because I only know what you said he said.

Starscream

Smash Ace
It's not my fault, I even put you first on a lot of them.

Tech window [spunit262, Phantom Wings]
047B5DE8 00000014

And PW I think what you found might be able to be used make a ledge tech code, you only need to force a collision with a wall during SDI, I'll send you PM at GSC too as I don't know how often you check here.
This code is freezing my game. When I go into Training mode and start it says "READY?" then it freezes. I'm using Brawlplussery 3.3 + my hitlag settings. Never had a problem with the old teching code, I think it was the very first one.

Magus420

Smash Master
You sure it doesn't just give the sweetspot one priority when they both connect? I'm pretty sure there isn't such a thing as a 'backwards' hitbox. You get a reverse hit when you only hit with the other side of it. It would seem like the reason you normally don't ever see the sweetspotted knee hitting backwards is because the positioning to hit with that part of it also has them getting hit by the weak hit which normally takes priority. With the strong one having priority instead, you could hit with that part of it to send backwards without the weak one interfering.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
You sure it doesn't just give the sweetspot one priority when they both connect? I'm pretty sure there isn't such a thing as a 'backwards' hitbox. You get a reverse hit when you only hit with the other side of it. It would seem like the reason you normally don't ever see the sweetspotted knee hitting backwards is because the positioning to hit with that part of it also has them getting hit by the weak hit which normally takes priority. With the strong one having priority instead, you could hit with that part of it to send backwards without the weak one interfering.
The front one (19 damage) comes out first, and most of the move I check have pairs of mostly identical (only stuff the code doesn't look at if diffrent) hitboxes.

Tech window [spunit262, Phantom Wings]
04B88EC0 00000014

some how I put the wrong address in...

kupo15

Smash Hero
@Magus: Im not sure, spunit is going to have to answer that one. I have positioned myself in such a way that it should have reversed the kb but the sweetspot still sent forward.

EDIT: Teching works fine for the walls and ceilings, but not at all for the floor

osh77

Smash Cadet
Ok bare with me here im going to try my best to explain this whole process i got to work in the last 5 minutes.

You can get all the neccessary files from that thread.

1. Download all the necessary files (the encrypter, the tweaker)****if you get tweaker v008 you won't need the encrypter

2. When you have these create your gct file you want to play with. Doesn't matter how many lines.

3. using the tweaker and its new GCT to Bin function select that new gct and create a bin file (THE NAME MUST START WITH al_ after that you can name it whatever you want)

(\/\/\/\/ONLY DO THESE STEPS IF YOU ARE RUNNING v007 of the tweaker, v008 automatically encrypts your files, if you created a bin in v008 just skip to step 6*****)

4. with your new bin file created, open your folder that has your encription program in it, in that folder should be an IN file, Place your bin file you just created in there

5. when it is in there activate the encryption program (should be named encrypt, simply enough) and if done correctly you should have a fresh new bin file now in your OUT folder that was previously empty

(^^^^^^ ONLY DO THESE STEPS IF YOU ARE RUNNING v007 of the tweaker, v008 automatically encrypts your files, if you created a bin in v008 just skip to step 6*****)

6. with this encrypted bin you are going to place it on your sd card in the al folder (if you do not have an al folder in your RSBE folder create one), which is in your RSBE folder, which is in your apps folder, which is in your wii folder, which might be in your private folder.

7.now with the bin in your al folder you are going to create a gct to run the whole thing, on the first page of this thread you should find a series of codes, they are for the japanese version the usa version and the pal version, select the one you have and copy that along with the bottom code.

8 this new gct is just like any previous code you created just go into occarina and activate the two codes and have it place the gct into your codes file on your sd card like before

9 with everything inplace start up your wii normally like you would to play brawl+

10 now go to the vault on the opening screen of brawl and go to albums

11 click on the sd card and open up the picture of the gct that should be there (this is where i got a little lost i didn't really know if i should just open it copy it or what so i just opened it and looked at it to make sure)

12 welcome to unlimited codespaced gct in actionville, population you

(if anyone could help me out with clarification on step 11 i would much appreciate it)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
osh's question was already answered in another thread, I believe. I have several question's too, but they may have already been asked.

First off, the reverse knee, ness's bat, and jigglypuff rest values, I put them under the first line of the hitbox property mod data code, then change the bit value, right? Would the rest values work, since it's only one line?

Also, is the camera code in the OP th Brawl+ camera Kupo was using?

I'm rather eager to try out the GCT to BIN converter in the brawl+ tweaker. :)

ratts

Smash Apprentice
How many of you guys understand how to actually use that new no line limit code?
ok, it can be pretty simple.

THE SHORT ANSWER
if you have american brawl and just want to play brawl+ 3.3 with custom textures

put this file

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/9/1688344/RSBE01.gct

in the \codes\

folder on your memory card

put this file

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/9/1688344/al_090309_u+33.bin

in the

\private\wii\app\RSBE\al\

folder on your memory card, if all those folders don't exist, create them with EXACTLY those names and punctuation.

if you want a more comprehensive knowledge of how it works

THE LONG ANSWER

First you need a .gct file to put in your codes folder on your SD card, just like in the old days, only all this sd card needs on it, is the codes that tell brawl to load codes from snapshots, there are two of those and they can be found here

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

Also, if you plan to use custom textures, you need to include that code also, and include it BEFORE the snapshot codes.

once you have that, and have put it in the codes folder on your sd card, you only need one more thing, the snapshot file, you can either download the samples that he posted in the thread I already linked to, or you can make your own with brawl tweaker v008. basically you select the codes you want in it, and then export it to a bin, this bin needs to start with "al_" after that part you can type in anything else, for example "al_pluscodes.bin"

then just pu that bin in your screenshots folder. which for americans is \private\wii\app\RSBE\al\

then boot your game in gecko, it'll apply the gct codes we made earlier, and boot the game, then you have to go to the vault and select the snapshot that has your codes, it should look garbled but not freeze the game, then just back out of that and play, it should have all the codes you put in there. enjoy.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
can somebody make a code for: only 1 regular non-helpless brawl airdodge.
i presume it would be easier to make and the melee one scews up my game.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I hate to use up a post for this, but I've been gone since friday, and I'm horribly behind. So there's a new teching code, a working knockback mod, and a way to make lines unlimited? Anything else that I missed since then?

Man, some exciting **** has gone down in that time span.

Edit: Ok, sorta kinda flipped through all the pages I missed. The new hitbox code is godly. Once again, spunit, please have my babies.

Is the teching code working correctly now?

The Night Cat

Smash Cadet
Y.S's code loader totally works, at least so far. I've made it crash once at the start but I chucked in a bunch of codes and some of them might have been bad. I have successfully loaded a 274 line GCT->.bin and had all the codes work so **** is awesome, way awesome.

Edit Update: ran a 327 line batch, and I've confirmed the crash was the hit properties mod code that was causing the crash(I think I formatted the code wrong or something).

Edit Edit: "THIS BOAT IS FOR REAL!"

kupo15

Smash Hero
osh's question was already answered in another thread, I believe. I have several question's too, but they may have already been asked.

First off, the reverse knee, ness's bat, and jigglypuff rest values, I put them under the first line of the hitbox property mod data code, then change the bit value, right? Would the rest values work, since it's only one line?

Also, is the camera code in the OP th Brawl+ camera Kupo was using?

I'm rather eager to try out the GCT to BIN converter in the brawl+ tweaker. :)
No its not. I'll post my camera code and link to it right now

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6128402&postcount=405

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Okay, got the hitbox stuff to work (except for jiggs, obviously).

What exactly does Ness's bat change? More damage, or more KB?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So what values for the tech code are suggested? The default is at 6 frames, but I buffed it to 15 (0F), and if I..."fiddle?" (>___>) out of the tumble and press shield for an airdodge, the airdodge will buffer into a tech.

lol...fiddling. V.V

But yeah...did I put the value too high? Other than that, it works almost like Melee teching. o.o

Hopefully this can be fixed as a mini B+ tourney w/ fixed teching would make the game seem a lot smoother and attractive to newcomers.

Still having fun teching about though. =P

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay, got the hitbox stuff to work (except for jiggs, obviously).

What exactly does Ness's bat change? More damage, or more KB?
I finally got said codes to work, so I went ahead and used that-- what it does is change all hitboxes of Ness' bat to the homerun sound effect.

Top Bottom