• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

M.K

Level 55
I think I hate Attack Dogs.
For one, let's look at the logic of the situation. Why would a dog kill me? And why do I only get 30 points for killing them when they're harder to kill than any human?
AND why must they last for 3-4 rounds of respawn?! They last far too long and do so much damage to be DOGS, yet my Napalm strike of HELLFIRE kills one unlucky guy who stumbled into it..

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, for one thing, the fact that dogs are an eleven killstreak, it most definitely should outclass napalm.
In groundwar, usually I get 2-3 kills with it just with the initial drop of napalm btw.
Dogs aren't amazing because they are killable. When I run gunship, I hear myself being targeted and usually people don't survive long enough for them to get a strela shot off due to spawn control. You can just camp in a cozy place until dogs are over, or you could just watch two of your killcams. You can even shoot and still survive a wave of dogs just because they can't come around behind you.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
115-8 Demolition on Jungle! BEASTMOOOODEEE. I'm pretty sure Cyan_ also broke over 100 kills that game. Easily my best overall game on Black Ops to date, considering the amount of kills. It could have been even better, but the vast majority of my deaths were to stupid mistakes.

Entered my second prestige, 3.25 K/D, 2.15 W/L(Connection interrupted ruins my W/L real bad). I'm getting the groove of this game really well now.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
You're going to see even more dogs once the patch comes out. Nerfing underpowered killstreaks even more, yay!
I doubt I'll stop running Gunship just because they're gonna nerf it. The moment I reach level 10 I always run Blackbird and Chopper Gunner, and usually switch between Spy Plane/Napalm/Gunship/Dogs. They'd have to nerf CG/Gunship really bad to stop me from using them, and I'd think most people share my opinion.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
115-8 Demolition on Jungle! BEASTMOOOODEEE. I'm pretty sure Cyan_ also broke over 100 kills that game. Easily my best overall game on Black Ops to date, considering the amount of kills. It could have been even better, but the vast majority of my deaths were to stupid mistakes.

Entered my second prestige, 3.25 K/D, 2.15 W/L(Connection interrupted ruins my W/L real bad). I'm getting the groove of this game really well now.
109-8, not too far behind from you. ;)

and screw prestiging lol. i'm going for marathon and lightweight pro at lvl 50.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
u missed out on those 6 kills cauz you camp 2much. Lightweight Pro is a joke, you can get it by level 15. **** Marathon Pro, CTF is an abomination in this game, and I have a habit of never using or buying Tier 3 perks outside of Ninja.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Meh hacker > tactical mask imo. They're both pretty nice but I hate playing and not being invisible to those motion sensors. Got a triple booby trapped crate yesterday :smug:. Can enemies tell apart hacked crates from regular crates?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The person who owns the Package will still get the sound effect that tells them something has been done to their package. If they're paying attention, they can hear the noise and notice that nothing has happened to the crate, so they'll know it's a booby trap.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
How long does it generally take to get Tactical Mask Pro?
20 Kills on people affected by each of your tactical grenades. Barring Smokes and Decoys obviously.

For this the effects of Flash and Concussion grenades are nigh non existent, which really helps as you don't have to worry about avoiding your own tacs and if someone lobs a Flash into a room they know you're camping in it'll make no difference as you'll still be able to see them fine, and if someone is hit by your tac then you can see what direction they're in. That comes in handy for like lobbing concussions into rooms, then charging in and knowing exactly where the enemies are. Plus you're immune to Novas.

Mix this with Flak Jacket Pro and you'll feel like a tank.

Bullets still affect you though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Thanks, but that's not what I meant. I was asking how much time it took you to get Tac Mask Pro, as I don't know anyone who has it. I'll probably go for it this prestige after I get both Warlord Pro and Scavenger Pro, if only to make my life easier.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Lmfao. So I went to knife a SAM turret in the back of firing range. No one was there, so I run back and I knife and I miss, but it says I killed someone. Turns out, even though I missed the turret, a guy spawned the instant I knifed. I proceeded to knife the turret and dance.

Also, warlord pro is amazing.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Thanks, but that's not what I meant. I was asking how much time it took you to get Tac Mask Pro, as I don't know anyone who has it. I'll probably go for it this prestige after I get both Warlord Pro and Scavenger Pro, if only to make my life easier.
It takes a few matches to get Concussion, slightly longer for Nova, and a bit longer for flash due to how slow you throw flashes.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
oh lawdy... i didn't even consider using warlord/scavenger/tactical mask pro. sounds like major nade abuse and shenanigans.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I prestige as soon as I can, and I usually get about 5 Pro perks in that time, and they're usually the same: Scavenger, Hardline, Sleight of Hand, Warlord, and Ninja. I usually get all of them by level 30ish, and I'm too lazy to go for anything else (Actually, I don't unlock anything outside of that but Flak Jacket, but I'm going for Tactical Mask this prestige). Having Scavenger Pro and Warlord Pro would not only give me 3 tactical grenades to start a life, but also give me the ability to replenish them, which in turn would vastly increase the speed at which I could acquire Tactical Mask Pro. I think that's the smartest and most efficient way of doing so.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Currently loving the Zombies mode, even with there being only two maps. :|

A breath of fresh air from the BS that the multiplayer has been for me, lately.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
^ Agreed, luckily i go the new zombie maps also. which is kinda ok, i hate that you cant get any perks=/

Also i can see what you guys mean by 2nd chance being stupid, getting killed right before you can finish them off and then finding out you got an assist is irritating. and ghost is beast(lol) as well as hacker.

ghost/SoH/2nd chance and tubes for icing, lovely just to piss ppl off...ppl who think they are better cuz they "dont" use them lol

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Was some sort of an update released today? Because I had to dl one when I played just a moment ago. If so, what was it for?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Was some sort of an update released today? Because I had to dl one when I played just a moment ago. If so, what was it for?
I suppose it was the most recent patch. I believe it was scheduled for today, and I heard some people talking about it. Hoping the footsteps are better once again.

Fletch

Smash Master
How do you guys think the game is holding up? I'm probably getting this for Xmas and wondering if I should keep it, I really don't like the gameplay that much.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Glad to see that commando (not the gun...) is back in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqOM8GH9Q8U
I lol'd.

If they've changed anything with the knife lunge etc from when the game first released I believe they should put the knife lunge back to what it was from the start of the game's release imo. iirc the lunge was perfectly fine in terms of balancing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So yeah, the patch is Live effective today, and it is AMAZING. I got 3 chopper gunners in four games, and the effect of the patch is minimal. The point of the killstreak nerf wasn't to allow people to shoot your air support down faster, but to prevent spawn killing, which is fun as hell and incredibly easy in this game, but I can see their reasoning now. The bad players who don't shoot down air support still aren't gonna shoot air support down. Also, snipers are somewhat useful again, it takes a little bit most of the time to get the scope lined up, but the randomization is nowhere near as atrocious as it once was.

Roach, I'm probably gonna buy a set of PX21's next week as well.

Fletch, I genuinely love this game. It's a rare occoasion where I get really, REALLY mad at the game, and that's usually due to connection issues. If you're good at Call of Duty, you'll be good at Black Ops. It's not as flashy as a game like MW2, but it's a lot better.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Guys I think we need to stop playing Black Ops.

The amount of oil we all waste playing this game is starting to become an issue.

All those billions we could have used for good, instead we used to kill our opponents.

Shame on us all.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Fletch, I genuinely love this game. It's a rare occoasion where I get really, REALLY mad at the game, and that's usually due to connection issues. If you're good at Call of Duty, you'll be good at Black Ops. It's not as flashy as a game like MW2, but it's a lot better.
I was getting mad a few times yesterday due to horrible teammates and the amount of camping I found in FFA. All I have to say is Nuketown+FFA= ******** camping bs

Guys I think we need to stop playing Black Ops.

The amount of oil we all waste playing this game is starting to become an issue.

All those billions we could have used for good, instead we used to kill our opponents.

Shame on us all.
*points at BP*

.....nah I think we're fine.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Teams with 4-6 people using Ghost makes me RAGE, but only because it makes the game slower. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

Roach, the 12/14 patch includes:
Issues Addressed:
• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
• Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Top Bottom