• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Don't worry about it too much though, I don't trust Spike to have good taste in video games.
This.

See, the first year, when Elder Scrolls lost to Bioshock, I was a little upset, but now that I've played Bioshock, it deserved it.

Every year following has been "What's made more money and who's paying us more to say they won".

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

VGAs=Trash

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
VGA's are all about the most recent game, and money, of course.
Brotherhood won and it isn't as baffling as some of the others. It's because it had just come out.

Question: Why don't they allow custom controller formatting?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I can see them removing the bull**** invincibility. Past that there isn't really anything wrong with it. The falling animation (and lack of killfeed/+100) makes it stupidly easy to know if they are going into last stand.

My problem is the ****ing invincibility.

And **** like this happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3aWoxWzzE

I lost that +10 and a kill. T_T

Oh yah... crate glitch (again):

They need to fix ladders. =| You can't move left/right on them it seems (seen in the vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvfU3VPPFfA&feature=related

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Great they managed to find the second hidden prestige glitch and now I've lost all my stuff. All those pros I worked for, everything, gone. I barely played this game that much before but now that I've lost all my hard work I'm not sure I really want to do it all again.

SuSa

I'm not too sure but I don't think their head has invincibility frames in BO, unlike in MW2, so you can execute them quickly. And I like the fact that everyone complains about the invincibility frames in BO but not the ones in MW2.

In case you've forgotten about the insane invincibility frames that Last Stand gave you, here's a guy surviving a predator missile thanks to it.
Watch that video more carefully. He's using akimbo pistols - he hits shoots the guy until the 3rd bullet which was a bullet penetration kill through the blue water thing.

Nice job looking like a *******.

MW2 had only a small amount of frames at the very beginning but if you put an extra bullet into them they died before letting off a round.

BO lets you let off 1 round no matter what if you mash that trigger as fast as possible. Sometimes that 1 round will net you the kill when it shouldn't have.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What are you using?

Warlord, Hardline and 2nd chance were easy to get IMO.
I had all of them bar those 2 and like Ninja and Scavenger.

The what now?
There were 2 glitches you could do which would let you keep everything after you prestige. They patched both of them, all I managed to keep was Clan Tags and Emblems on my guns.

Watch that video more carefully. He's using akimbo pistols - he hits shoots the guy until the 3rd bullet which was a bullet penetration kill through the blue water thing.
It's one shot kill on Last Stand. Also, he survived a Predator Missile.

SuSa

Did you also know it's possible to get an assist (hitmarker) with a knife when they fall into last stand?

The difference is that the invincibility ends just before they can even shoot. In BO they can let off a round (unconfirmed to be 2 rounds).

0 rounds < 1 round

Because they have no chance to kill you when they are unable to perform any actions. In Black Ops they can shoot you (and that one bullet may be all it takes) and you can't do anything about it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude, wtf? I'm on Array and I spawn in the little garage place. I see an invisible barrier and I climb over it and everything, leading me to believe it's an invisible car or something, and yet when I go to my file share, the car is visible :/

EDIT: And there's a difference between making something useful and making something completely unfair you know

SuSa

It's a perk designed to let you get a revenge kill on a noob who stopped shooting before you died.

Instead it's a perk that let's you get a revenge kill when you should have died from an opponent that outplayed you and have a chance for a teammate to give you a second chance.

You're being rewarded for being ****ty at the game. That shouldn't happen in any game played competitively.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's a perk designed to let you get a revenge kill on a noob who stopped shooting before you died.

Instead it's a perk that let's you get a revenge kill when you should have died from an opponent that outplayed you and have a chance for a teammate to give you a second chance.

You're being rewarded for being ****ty at the game. That shouldn't happen in any game played competitively.
So what you're saying is that the second chance perk in this game is basically a death streak like in MW2? It rewards you for being bad at the game?

Grandeza

Smash Master
So what you're saying is that the second chance perk in this game is basically a death streak like in MW2? It rewards you for being bad at the game?
It rewards you for dying(or what would have been dying without it) so I suppose it is like a deathstreak in that sense. Maybe not to such an extreme.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's not a reward for dying. If it were a reward, it'd put you in a better position than beforehand. It gives you a second chance as the name suggests.

Also, I uploaded my first clips to the fileshare youtube thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Zxj93BpbI - Killing opponent by blowing up another opponent's RC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq1V6Sxjsq0 - Being a noob and thinking the conveyor belt on Radiation(?) leads you somewhere and a cross map grenade kill.

Grandeza

Smash Master
It's not a reward for dying. If it were a reward, it'd put you in a better position than beforehand. It gives you a second chance as the name suggests.
If some guy gave me 20 dollars for being sent to jail he would have rewarded me for being sent to jail even if I am not in a better position than people not in jail. obviously this example is silly but I dont see why you need to be in a better position than everyone else for it to be a reward. I would consider second chance a reward. Either way it's in my opinion the most annoying perk in the game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Lol you don't outplay people when you shoot them, a majority of the time you have a better connection, they're hurt, or you shoot them when they're not looking at you. There's nothing skillful about this game.

Also it's called Second Chance, the perk grants them a second chance, complaining about their ability to get 1 bullet off at the expense of a perk spot is just stupid. Tactical Mask Pro is far better than Second Chance Pro.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I feel as though I should mention that bullets of a Second Chance user's primary weapon can still come out briefly as they drop. I get killed by it all the time. I'll see a person drop into Second Chance yet die to their FAMAS.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I love how you used FAMAS in the example. Everybody is hypetraining it.
Does anybody wish they had an alternate fire rate/bullet setting for some guns? I would love to make the famas burst because of its weird kick.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm quite active tonight.

I just had some odd glitch where I earned a SAM Turret, collected the package, set it up, and then left it. Later on, I got a sentry kill.

My SAM turret turned into a Sentry gun. I have the clip saved on my file share for anyone interested.

Edit: Nevermind, stupid gay *** host migration and things not functioning properly. Last time I jump the gun about having a clip. >_>

M.K

Level 55
I think Treyarch thinks that the auto-death-after-a-couple-of-seconds makes 2nd Chance somewhat better...but it really doesn't, and since it's removed in the "Pro" version, than....meh.

Every perk gives advantages to the user, but Second Chance doesn't just give advantages, it basically encourages recklessness instead of being careful.

SuSa

Incorrect my friend.
I'll start running around with my M60 and hope someone falls into last stand again. I'll render the clip.

20-30 bullets going into your sorry *** should kill you. But they'll often get at least 1 shot out, although they usually have poor aim with it.

I've been ****ed over enough by 2nd chance in B/Ops to know it's more screwy than the MW2 version which only ****ed me over when their teammate would pop around the corner RIGHT then so it's "choose your kill".

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Use the Galil as I don't have problems with 2nd chancer's using that weapon.

I was also referring to the part where you said "No matter what"

Should have been more clear sorry.

In other news I killed an entire team of 8 with one B52 on Summit today :D

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I played my second Search and Destroy last night. It was me and one other guy on my team left on Summit, I got 5 kills in quick succession and almost got the last one but he ran out the door before me.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think Treyarch thinks that the auto-death-after-a-couple-of-seconds makes 2nd Chance somewhat better...but it really doesn't, and since it's removed in the "Pro" version, than....meh.

Every perk gives advantages to the user, but Second Chance doesn't just give advantages, it basically encourages recklessness instead of being careful.
They should've just made it like they did in W@W

If someone else has Second Chance Pro, THEY can revive you. Not everyone.

SuSa

Use the Galil as I don't have problems with 2nd chancer's using that weapon.

I was also referring to the part where you said "No matter what"

Should have been more clear sorry.

In other news I killed an entire team of 8 with one B52 on Summit today :D
If they are mashing their trigger fast enough. (AKA: They know about this) it WILL NOT MATTER WHAT GUN YOU USE.

It's not like one gun can magically hit through bull**** invincibility.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Do you think the guys who don't revive you when downed are like you and despise 2nd chance :p

There seems to be a lot of them.

I always make a conscious effort to revive downed guys.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I only revive downed guys when its safe. Plus if you revive someone you prevent the enemy team from getting 100 points(well if you're playing team deathmatch that is). I still don't like the perk though.

SuSa

I always revive even though I hate the perk. It gives me points to do so - and that's 1 less kill the enemy team gets.

I've killed like 4 enemies just to revive a teammate, he rounds a corner and dies. XD It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing.

"Help me! I'm down!"
****** enemy team*
"Here, let me help you up..."
"Thanks man... you're a lifesaver."
*guy runs around a corner*
'Ugghhh!!!!"
*guy dies*

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I think the game purposely puts me with the most useless randoms it can find. I played 5 consecutive games where everyone was negative except for me, and I always had at least a 2.0 KD or higher with above 40 kills.

My back hurts.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Aidan, whats with all the name changes.
Banjo, I wish randoms were good too.
I find that everybody that I choose to play with is good, but nobody who is a random is ever good for me (except the few campers who will do well with 74u+rapidfire/grip)

Top Bottom