• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuSa

Banned via Administration
SuSa, I hope that isn't a link to blue waffle.
I'm not going to check but you'd get banned so fast.
What do you guys think of LMG's? I haven't heard much of anything on them.
I bet Warlord Pro would be viable on M60 because of its huge clip. You wouldn't need to reload too much.
*mouse over*

http://google.com

Yeah, I think I'm safe. :awesome:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I absolutely cannot stand playing on firing range or nuketown right now. The spawns are such garbage it's unbelievable. You can't walk more than 2 steps out of your spawn or you get lit up.

Only reason people like to play those maps is because bad players can do well on them. Oh, look, I shot you before you even gained control of your character because you popped into existence right before my eyes. Clearly I'm a high level player. Oh, lookie here, you ran by me as I spawned. A kill! Yes, man I'm good.

Spawn killed 4 times in a row on firing range. All different locations. Give me a ****ing break.
Although I've still found spawns in Black Ops a bit better than in MW2. I've been able to visibly see someone spawn in my sights in MW2....

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Goddamn it man, there's always been this one thing that has pissed me off to no extent in the series. This series is the most unrealistic shooter ever probably right behind Halo mostly because of the futuristic weapons and such, and the one thing that IS realistic is the most annoying thing in the world is the gun recoil. It's extremely annoying when I'm in a gunfight and I can't aim properly because my gun is jumping all over the place while getting shot (this is silenced Commando mind you, so it's not my gun recoiling)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Fuel I can assure you that the gun recoil in this game is not realistic. These guys have arms of steel.
hahahahaha. Good stuff.

Edit: Actually after taking a closer look at Fuel's post he did say that gun recoil is realistic. Still even if Call of Duty isn't that realistic of a shooter, do you really want it to be? I mean if you want to make it as realistic as possible you go down in pretty much 1 bullet and your health doesn't regenerate. It would probably be even more difficult to snipe. Everything would be more difficult. Which is why they made Call of Duty a bit less realistic, because they want to make the game easier, which makes it more fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought everything else was pretty legit for a game....?
Dude, if you jump in BO at the minimum height to not get killed, that should still be pretty impossible since you'll die

The fact that the bullets kill at the amount that they do is pretty ridiculous

etc.

And damn it really? ****, then even the recoil is unrealistic >___>

And Hardened Pro? There's still so much other crap though that is much more useful than Hardened seeing as it's Pro Version is the only useful one iirc

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I find that my best wager match is Sticks and Stones.
I get first place almost every time.
Its the only thing that I can really take pride in being good at in this game. My crossbow shots and sticks are stupid lucky.
What do you guys play?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Only thing I don't like about this game is how often games get dropped. It hasn't been happening so much in the past couple of days but it's still dumb. I play on PS3 so I don't know if X-box players have this problem, but I swear like every 1 out of 5 games has a mid-game host migration disconnect or freeze, and then there are the lobbies that never start due to host migration.

ugh.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Only thing I don't like about this game is how often games get dropped. It hasn't been happening so much in the past couple of days but it's still dumb. I play on PS3 so I don't know if X-box players have this problem, but I swear like every 1 out of 5 games has a mid-game host migration disconnect or freeze, and then there are the lobbies that never start due to host migration.

ugh.
Don't forget the free loss you get, no matter how badly you're ****** the enemy team! :)

You get them on Xbox too. The host migration system in this game SUCKS BALLS. Like, HUMONGOUS, GIGANTIC BALLS. Although this was pretty early, in one night, the horrible host migration brought my W/L from 8 to 1.86. I was honestly about to break my disc, but I broke my microphone instead.

Sticks and Stones has easily become my favorite Wager Match. Nobody plays it though. Tomahawks are easy to dodge thanks to the constant Spy Plane. You just need to plan for those people coming in your direction, and be ready to kill them before they tomahawk/kill you.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I was able to use the Galil in 2nd chance today.

Properly too not just a few straggler bullets.

I file shared it.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I GOT MY XBOX BACK YESZZZZZZZZ

I don't like using C4 all that much. It usually doesn't kill......

Unless I'm just not used to throwing C4 in a hurry yet......

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I tried using the Galil again and mostly shooting in bursts, I gotta say its actually pretty good. I'll probably keep using it until I unlock Commando and G11.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Susa wins again.

A little conversation from a lobby I was in today.

"Alright, we can win this time."
"No we can't."
"We only lost by like, 3."
"They have that Deltacod guy on their team. He went like, 35-7 last game."
"Oh ****, you're right."

:awesome:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I saw the name Obviously Jesus and knew it was going to be bad, he's had a bad track record when it comes to good videos.

SuSa

Susa wins again.

"No we can't."
"Oh ****, you're right."

I love it when people act like that. Also what do I win? O_o

Lmao well it is true :awesome:

Ok I think I got C4 down. Got like 2-3 double kills in one game.

Now, off to spawn kill someone with pre-thrown C4!
Spawn killing with C4 is hard. I know in MW2 if you placed it too close to the spawn they wouldn't spawn there. =\ (I'd just place it on the other side of the car instead [Bailout])

Best commentary ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHmUPP4chm0

Everything he says is so true it hurts. Nuff said.
Lmao... he mad

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Susa wins again.

"No we can't."
"Oh ****, you're right."

You deserve an internet cookie.

(: :)

But you deserve more than that too. Here's Kirby with a waffle for you.

(>^_^)>#

>_> I'm really tired...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

"No we can't."
"Oh ****, you're right."

I wish I was cool enough for people to say that about me.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Spawn killing with C4 is hard. I know in MW2 if you placed it too close to the spawn they wouldn't spawn there. =\ (I'd just place it on the other side of the car instead [Bailout])
Wait really? If that's the case then I'll never be able to accomplish my dream.

I wanna be able to kill someone, turn into Snake right as the guy dies, wait half second, say "Now!" and detonate my C4, spawnkilling the guy I just killed.

.......haters gonna hate.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Wow, the AK74u is even more worthless at long range than I thought it was. I pumped 4 shots into a guy and then got buzzkilled on my blackbird. It's nice, yet frustrating.

Also, AK74u with rapid fire on nuketown HQ is ********.

SuSa

@Thunder
Yep. Same with claymores (directly on spawns... XD)

Me and my cousin learned how to use OMA, claymores and C4 with our friend Josh to negate 6 spawn areas on the map. Then we'd just go spawncamp behind the enemies (forced) spawn. I think the best we did was like 200 kills? But everyone left and we were declared the winners.

We then got like 10 pieces of hatemail each.... :awesome:

@Banjo
*coughs* Spectre man....

Although yea.. any SMG with rapid fire on Nuketone is stupid -_-

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Is the ADS for LMGs with SoH pro the same as other guns? I know in MW2 if you had SoH equipped with an LMG it would still pull up slower, but I don't notice any difference in this game. It's pretty nice actually seeing as the stoner is one of the more useful guns you get earlier on.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I <3 Run and gun.

Same. It's pretty much all I do, aside from sniping on Jungle and occasionally Havana <3

@Thunder
Yep. Same with claymores (directly on spawns... XD)

Me and my cousin learned how to use OMA, claymores and C4 with our friend Josh to negate 6 spawn areas on the map. Then we'd just go spawncamp behind the enemies (forced) spawn. I think the best we did was like 200 kills? But everyone left and we were declared the winners.

We then got like 10 pieces of hatemail each.... :awesome:
Ehh I remember being able to spawn kill w/claymores in HQ on Scrapyard. They weren't directly on the spawn but they were pretty much right there once you spawned and took a step or two.

Regardless, I'll find a way to make it happen :awesome:

Top Bottom