• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I really don't get what the big deal about Ghost Pro is, its basically the same thing as Cold Blooded Pro from MW2 except now you get a camouflage suit as well. I never heard anyone complain about Cold Blooded Pro when MW2 was the current CoD game.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I really don't get what the big deal about Ghost Pro is, its basically the same thing as Cold Blooded Pro from MW2 except now you get a camouflage suit as well. I never heard anyone complain about Cold Blooded Pro when MW2 was the current CoD game.
The argument is that in MW2 no one used it due to stopping power but now it's heavily used due to the lack of tier one perks that compete with it. Now ghost is overcentralized and you get UAVs and one blip shows up on the radar. And people use it to camp. I'm not saying I agree with that stuff. I think that's the reasoning though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The argument is that in MW2 no one used it due to stopping power but now it's heavily used due to the lack of tier one perks that compete with it. Now ghost is overcentralized and you get UAVs and one blip shows up on the radar. And people use it to camp. I'm not saying I agree with that stuff. I think that's the reasoning though.
This.

And unlike Grandeza, Ghost pisses me off to no end.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Oh, I see. Still it doesn't seem that bad, people always camp no matter what call of duty game you play. If there are barely any red dots on the mini-map from the Spy Plane then you just have to be on the lookout.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Oh, I see. Still it doesn't seem that bad, people always camp no matter what call of duty game you play. If there are barely any red dots on the mini-map from the Spy Plane then you just have to be on the lookout.
I don't want to do that. I don't like playing against a bunch of *****es who are so bad at the game that they have to both camp in a corner, AND use Ghost while doing so. It's pathetic.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Well, I don't like anything that makes the game slower paced, or causes me to get a death I don't really deserve, whatever it may be. When zero-one/six people show up on the radar, it's really annoying. At least when people run around it makes the game go faster, but playing a 10 minute TDM that ends something like 18-4 because they're too afraid to move is just plain gay.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Honestly I've only encountered one or 2 games where a lot of people use Ghost and even then they didn't really camp. Are you playing in regular TDM? I notice that normal TDM has more campers while Prestige TDM has less(though there are still campers, I'm just saying I notice it less).

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Pretty much.

This.

And unlike Grandeza, Ghost pisses me off to no end.
It pisses me off in short bursts. Usually it's not that bad, but then I'll encounter the guy with ghost and a silenced galil camping in a corner and he'll get me on a 10 killstreak or something.

What I don't understand is why people camp so much with ghost. When someone calls in a spy plane and I have ghost, I see it as a good opportunity to catch people off guard because they aren't paying attention to me. I just don't get some people I guess.

I wish flak jacket made the knife do 50 damage. I'd stop using ghost immediately.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Howdy. I'm starting to get into fps again and I had a quick question (Understanding the inherent bias of asking it here): is there any sort of consensus in MW2 vs Black Ops? I don't want to start a flame war, so if there isn't one that's cool. It's just if they seem about even, and MW2 is about 1/2 the price of BO... that $30 can go a long way towards a headset.

If it is of any relevance, I play melee. ;) I like fast-paced, low camping, flashy gameplay. I like mental aspects of games, but not so much that I want to camp because it is the "smart" thing to do. So if one is better for different "styles" or whatever, you've got that info. I don't play with other people, but would like to once I get all set up. I have reliable internet connection and will get a headset very soon into the experience if not right off the bat. Oh and I play on ps3. ummm... I think that is all. I thank you all for your input, opinions, and experiences. Have a great day. :)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Cod4 > Both of them.

B/Ops > Modern Camping 2

If you like little camping - pick up Bad Company 2 and don't play CoD at all. However it's a far more team-based game. So if you just care about doing well personally (K/D) instead of W/L record it's the perfect game IMO. If someone camps get in a tank and blow the building to rubble. :awesome:

However I'd say COD let's you be a lot more flashy.... <_<

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
WaW > BO > CoD4 > CoD3 > MW2

SuSa is incorrect.
You are incorrect.

CoD4 > MW2 > CoD2 > Superman 64 > Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing > Action 52 > The Zelda games on the CD-i > ET on the Atari 2600 > WaW > CoD3.

@ Faithkeeper: Get Black Ops. Less people (I assume) camp in that game than MW2.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If you like little camping - pick up Bad Company 2 and don't play CoD at all. However it's a far more team-based game. So if you just care about doing well personally (K/D) instead of W/L record it's the perfect game IMO. If someone camps get in a tank and blow the building to rubble. :awesome:
BFBC2 Is what I'm playing now. And rush is great. But when I'm playing a team game, I feel compelled to help out my team and go after the objective rather than gaining a good k/d ratio. but sometimes I'm in the mood to just shoot people up, and squad deathmatch isn't doing it for me. Most maps are just too big imo. and all teams gang up on the tank, making it less than great for stopping camping.

SuSa

WaW > BO > CoD4 > CoD3 > MW2

SuSa is incorrect.
Cod2 > MW2

But WaW has it's own sleuth of problems.

"Dogs incoming!"
"Dogs incoming!"
"Dogs! Incoming!"
"Dogs..."
"Dogs"
"DOGS"

Good ****ing game. :awesome:

/dog chaining is ****ing stupid as hell

Oh. But I'm biased. I play on the never-gunna-be-patched-wii-version.

Glitchside. Everyone..must..go..under.the..map........:D

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
CoD2 was a stupid game with overpowered Sniper Rifles, every game was 90% snipers. More overcentralizing than anything in Call of Duty to date. It was a horrible, HORRIBLE game and nothing you can say will ever change my mind about that. CoD2 was even WORSE than MW2 in terms of the community destroying the game. CoD4 is also a gigantic Sniper lobby, but with M40's instead of guns based on the team you're on. Sooooo dumb. I honestly cannot conceive how anybody could possibly even compare CoD4 to WaW, and why so many insist on putting CoD4 up on this magical pedestal which says no other game can compare to it, when it easily has far more problems/flaws than WaW did. All of the MP40's in the world can't compare to how OP the M16 is in CoD4.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
SPAS with silencer is extremely fun to use on Domination Firing Range.

pretty easy to get a chopper

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love crisis.
Why hate on it?
Too biiiiiiiiiiiiig. If the shore boundary was brought in 100 yards, it'd be tolerable.

Imo WMD for worst map. It's absolutely uncreative imo

I also hate Radiation mostly because the map design seems absolutely ****ty imo
WMD is okay. It has an acceptable map dynamic with a good amount of options for flanking/moving.

Radiation is okay too. Just use the underground to go from side to side, clear up a corner of the map, then repeat.

Howdy. I'm starting to get into fps again and I had a quick question (Understanding the inherent bias of asking it here): is there any sort of consensus in MW2 vs Black Ops? I don't want to start a flame war, so if there isn't one that's cool. It's just if they seem about even, and MW2 is about 1/2 the price of BO... that $30 can go a long way towards a headset.

If it is of any relevance, I play melee. ;) I like fast-paced, low camping, flashy gameplay. I like mental aspects of games, but not so much that I want to camp because it is the "smart" thing to do. So if one is better for different "styles" or whatever, you've got that info. I don't play with other people, but would like to once I get all set up. I have reliable internet connection and will get a headset very soon into the experience if not right off the bat. Oh and I play on ps3. ummm... I think that is all. I thank you all for your input, opinions, and experiences. Have a great day. :)
Black Ops. Although you'll still find campers, it is significantly more feasible to run around in that game than in MW2.

SPAS with Silencer actually has no drop in range OR damage, which is sick. For some reason, not too many people know that.
I was not aware of this, and will make sure to use the Silencer on it when I end up using it.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok so apparently a ****ing Flak jacket is enough to stop someone from dying from a grim reaper shot to the face.

This game is full of ****.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I need to get back in this game, I haven't played it much in the past week and a half because it must not be grabbing my attention too much.

I can only go online and play about 3 or so matches before I get sick of looking at **** emblems everywhere.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I need to get back in this game, I haven't played it much in the past week and a half because it must not be grabbing my attention too much.

I can only go online and play about 3 or so matches before I get sick of looking at **** emblems everywhere.
Yes <3
why would they create that Emblem editor...
they KNOW the Community would create Nintendo Characters/****s/Nazi symbols. oh, and random animals atop another.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah, emblem editor is one of the worst things about this game, and if they do make an emblem editor in the next one then I'm 100% sure it'll be similar to Halo's.

SuSa

And why do people who get so easily offended (from a game that's 18+ btw) about things that are... 18+ about it?

Like holy ****.... a guy made his icon a gorilla getting screwed by a horse. It's the end of the world as we know it.

Oh wait.. no.. I just don't care.

Ok so apparently a ****ing Flak jacket is enough to stop someone from dying from a grim reaper shot to the face.

This game is full of ****.
DUH? :3 That's why FJ > Ghost sometimes.....

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
And why do people who get so easily offended (from a game that's 18+ btw) about things that are... 18+ about it?

Like holy ****.... a guy made his icon a gorilla getting screwed by a horse. It's the end of the world as we know it.

Oh wait.. no.. I just don't care.
Maybe some +18 people are civil and aren't too fond of looking at thing of that sort.

Well, from what I said the problem can be solved by not looking at emblems.......

flaco

The Terminator

i get the same felling to when i see them :urg:

SuSa

Maybe some +18 people are civil and aren't too fond of looking at thing of that sort.

Well, from what I said the problem can be solved by not looking at emblems.......
I've also stated that. I never look at emblems anyways. :awesome: I just made mine the Helghast symbol to match my cousin and that's the only dealing-with-emblem crap I've had to do.

If something as poorly detailed as a CoD emblem bothers you - I'd hate to imagine traversing the internet and all the things you might bump into. =\

Like blue waffle

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I absolutely cannot stand playing on firing range or nuketown right now. The spawns are such garbage it's unbelievable. You can't walk more than 2 steps out of your spawn or you get lit up.

Only reason people like to play those maps is because bad players can do well on them. Oh, look, I shot you before you even gained control of your character because you popped into existence right before my eyes. Clearly I'm a high level player. Oh, lookie here, you ran by me as I spawned. A kill! Yes, man I'm good.

Spawn killed 4 times in a row on firing range. All different locations. Give me a ****ing break.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
SuSa, I hope that isn't a link to blue waffle.
I'm not going to check but you'd get banned so fast.
What do you guys think of LMG's? I haven't heard much of anything on them.
I bet Warlord Pro would be viable on M60 because of its huge clip. You wouldn't need to reload too much.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
SuSa, I hope that isn't a link to blue waffle.
I'm not going to check but you'd get banned so fast.
What do you guys think of LMG's? I haven't heard much of anything on them.
I bet Warlord Pro would be viable on M60 because of its huge clip. You wouldn't need to reload too much.
LMGs are okay. The have low mobility, but their general high RoF, no range drop off, and good recoil (for something that powerful with that high a RoF) is okay. I just hate having to be so slow with it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That's actually true. I just like to run Strela with all classes (except Shotguns), although that might not be entirely necessary anymore. I'll mess around a bit.

Top Bottom