• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

Pretty much what you should do with most any gun. Except at close range.

Galil is better.

FAMAS is bandwagoned. Of course you'll get killed by it a lot. By a ton of idiots too stupid to use a better gun.

M16 is a G11 with attachments, but worse in every other possible way. :awesome: /only uses my handy M16
I honestly don't like the Galil that much, has too much recoil. I prefer the AK-47.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
What recoil? :V
Kidding. I just fire in bursts so I don't notice it as much. :V But that's a legit excuse to prefer another gun. If you can't handle the better one - it isn't exactly better? Is it?

@ODIN

Yep. I can live with it because I don't need to watch my own replays often... <3 but for others... =\

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think that the Galil is the worst 40-30 gun in the game, but that sucks because it's the one unlocked the earliest. I don't like the FAMAS and AUG for preference, so I end up using the Galil, even though I'm not too big a fan of that either.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Honestly, I don't like many of the AR's in this game. 'Cept for...

Commandork
G11
AK

There's always a boatload of Frenchmas users, and the endless MP5s/AK74s

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Those are my personal three favorite ARs as well. I always feel bad about prestiging because I lose the last three ARs in the game, which are my favorite.

The MP5k is nowhere near as used as it once was, the AK-74u is overcentralizing as hell though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Firstly, with a Grip and Rapid Fire, it's easily the best SMG in the game. Easily. Wheter or not it beats the LMGs or ARs is debatable.

Secondly, nobody was discussing whether or not it was the best, so that was kinda random. O_o

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
No, overcentralizing means that there is more usage of the AK-74u in this game than there is of any other gun to an extreme, which makes the game less diverse, which makes the game boring. I didn't say it was broken, but it's easily at the top. In my opinion, only the G11 or M16 outclass the AK-74u.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Firstly, with a Grip and Rapid Fire, it's easily the best SMG in the game. Easily. Wheter or not it beats the LMGs or ARs is debatable.

Secondly, nobody was discussing whether or not it was the best, so that was kinda random. O_o
That requires Warlord. So, in order to be a very good gun, the AK74 is forced to use a certain tier 2 perk. Sounds amazing to me!

No, overcentralizing means that there is more usage of the AK-74u in this game than there is of any other gun to an extreme, which makes the game less diverse, which makes the game boring. I didn't say it was broken, but it's easily at the top. In my opinion, only the G11 or M16 outclass the AK-74u.
M16 suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I just got 40-3

Not only is it the best I've ever done, but it's the best I've done in a while

I blame taking a break with CoD by doing AC Brotherhood more :awesome:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, while we're on the topic of 74u, in my opinion I don't think it's that good at all. With grip and rapid fire it's alright, but to be honest, it really does what it should do and no more. It's like a 2-3 shot kill at close to medium range, but any further and it's pretty much useless, just how any SMG should be. Needs no nerfing from what I've experienced when playing with it.

It's the best SMG, but it's not overpowered. 9 out of 10 times you'll lose a medium to long range fight against an AR with it unless you're playing some pretty damn bad players. Don't know what other people have been experiencing with it, but to me it's really not that great.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ok, I think I'm starting to settle down with a consistent class.

Galil w/ supressor
strela

Semtex/Nova/Motion Sensor (sooo good)

Ghost Pro
SoH Pro
Hacker Pro

<3 my perks.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
AK74's RoF is too slow to be a lot better than all other SMGs. The Mac-11 can put more bullets into people faster, and with less recoil.

The AK74 is kinda like the MP40. Except actually balanced due to class roles. It's the SMG that happens to have more mid-long range capabilities than the others, although it typically falls short of them at close range. Without certain attachments, anyways.

I think it's funny how in MW2 I used all 10 of my different classes. In this game, I only use 2 consistently, and only 2 other ones are set up for certain types of Contracts. SMG/Shotgun <3

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Ok, I think I'm starting to settle down with a consistent class.

Galil w/ supressor
strela

Semtex/Nova/Motion Sensor (sooo good)

Ghost Pro
SoH Pro
Hacker Pro

<3 my perks.
I use the RDS on my Galil. With a silencer, it's like shooting spit balls at a tank with a fair amount of recoil to boot.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea the Galil has amazing irons.

Moments like that fill me with rage. Luckily they don't happen often. Because Tomahawk win.

/is uploading a vid to show everyone what I mean.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3aWoxWzzE

My renders suck =| any way to improve or is that just the quality?
How are you rendering it? (i.e. render feature, external item aka capture card/PVR)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is for the players who play Black Ops on the PC:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/06/another-call-of-duty-black-ops-pc-patch-to-be-deployed/

Call of Duty: Black Ops players on the PC -- assuredly tired of the care package glitch dominating their online gaming -- will be happy to hear that Treyarch detailed forthcoming fixes to the game's multiplayer. Beyond the forthcoming care package glitch fix, clipping on various maps is being closed up and leaderboards will soon reflect "all kills, deaths, and assists properly."

No ETA is given on the fixes, though Treyarch community man Josh Olin characterizes them as "in progress."
I am very pleased that Treyarch cares about their community and are willing to patch their games. Good job Treyarch! :)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The MAC11 is actually amazing.

After hearing Delta rave on about it I decided to give it a shot.

It's deliciously nice to use.

The small clip is it's only letdown

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
My MAC-11 class:

MAC-11 @ Extended Mags
Strela

Frag
Concussion
C4/Tactical Insertion (game type depending)

Scavenger
SoH
Marathon

The gun has so little recoil that it doesn't really need a grip. I could go full auto on people really far away, assuming there was nothing in the way.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Speaking of the strela, it feels good as hell shooting down 5 spy planes, 2 cobras, and a Huey or two in one match.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ugh I wanna play again so me and Delta can wreck faces and shoot down lots of flying machines we don't like.

But I still don't have my xbox back D:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It took me awhile to realize this, but Black Ops is bad. I'm going back to CoD4. D:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lol, somebody had a bad day?

I love this game, I haven't found anything that outright makes me not want to play the game. I can always enjoy myself in FFA, S&D(More often than not, anyways) or Ground War, which is probably why those are the three playlists I do consistently well in. The obscene amount of Ghost users in standard TDM or Domination is pretty soul draining, but I can avoid that pretty easily by not playing it. There's still a lot of BS in CoD4 (Frag x3, M16, horrible spawns(on the receiving end lol), etc.) If I was to go back to any game, it'd probably be WaW. The MP40 was an annoyance, but it took a really good player for it to actually be a problem. I love WaW to death, and I still think it's the best in the series, but who knows, I might change my mind as this game develops.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Lol, somebody had a bad day?

I love this game, I haven't found anything that outright makes me not want to play the game. I can always enjoy myself in FFA, S&D(More often than not, anyways) or Ground War, which is probably why those are the three playlists I do consistently well in. The obscene amount of Ghost users in standard TDM or Domination is pretty soul draining, but I can avoid that pretty easily by not playing it. There's still a lot of BS in CoD4 (Frag x3, M16, horrible spawns(on the receiving end lol), etc.) If I was to go back to any game, it'd probably be WaW. The MP40 was an annoyance, but it took a really good player for it to actually be a problem. I love WaW to death, and I still think it's the best in the series, but who knows, I might change my mind as this game develops.
I agree. Yea there's a decent amount of Ghost users but I either don't notice or eventually deal with it. I also like Ground War because unlike MW2, it's not a game where 2-3 people on the other team dominate and then you're getting spawn trapped either by general spawn camping or a Chopper Gunner. :/

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Don't forget the OMA Danger Close Noobtubes. That's another reason I prefer WaW to CoD4, Ground War was SEX on WaW, but Frag x3 and Overkill Noobtubes ruined it on CoD4. But whatever, if people don't like the game, don't play the game, s'all good.

Top Bottom